[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 17:28

===============================================
Script: Satellite Early Warning Network
Version: V1.22
Author: Cycrow
Created: 03/06/2009
Game: X3: Terran Conflict 1.2+
===============================================

:arrow: Installation
  • NOTE: for Albion Prelude, use the version from the bonus pack instead
  • NOTE: For X3 Farnham's Legacy, a better version of SEWN is already built in

:idea: Requires: Community Plugin Configuration

To install, you use the plugin manager, download and open the spk file.
:arrow: Introduction
  • This allows you to link your advanced satalites into a network to report enemy activity in sectors.

Any satalites in your network can be programmed to warn you of enemy attacks, you can set what ships to detect for and what kind of warning it sends
:arrow: Starting Up
  • As the script uses the community Plugin Configuration, you need to have a hotkey setup to use this. Then use that hotkey and select SEWN from the list to enter the setup.

:arrow: Network Configuration
  • As above, you open up the configuration dialog to setup your network. There are various settings available, the top is the global settings for you network with the below section listing the satalites in your network.

First section is the Network Configuration, this is your networks global settings and will be applied to all new satellites

Next section is the list of all satellites in your network (only appears if you have any added). The top option allows you to remove all the satellites. Selecting one of the satellites from this lists open up that satellites configuration.

The Bottom section is a list of all other Advanced Satellites you have. Simply select one to have it added, or choose the top option to add them all.
:arrow: Global Configuration
  • The global network settings are applied to all new satellites as well as any that are set to "Global Settings" in thier individual config. To change the settings, just select it.
    • Detect Ships: This option is used to choose what type of ships the satellite should detect.
    • Message Type: This is the type of message that should be sent to the player
    • Warning Time: This is the time in minutes that each warning message should be sent
:arrow: Satellite Configuration
  • To configure each satelitte, simply select it from your network configuration dialog.

The top info section display details about your satellite including the number of enemy ships its currently detecting (based on your settings)

The next section "Detect Ships" allows you to set the ship type to detect, the global settings will change when ever you change it in your networks configuration.

The "Message Type" section is for how you want messages to be sent to you.

The "General Settings" section as the rest of the config options, this includes the time to send each warning message.

Finally, the commands at the bottom to remove the satellite from the network and to close the menu (pressing ESC also closes)
:arrow: Warning Messages
  • There are 3 settings for the warning messages, the Voice will send a destress call to you from your ships computer with the sector.
    The Message will display a message across the bottom of the screen showing the sector and satellite.

The other one is for both the voice message, and a saved entry in your log book.
============================================
Change Log:
  • V1.10
    • Added Claimable Ship Detection
    V1.20
    • Added 4 Custom SEWN Wings for protection
    • Added automatic protection
    • Added Call For Aid option, allows you to manually call in a wing to help protect a sector
    • Added colour in satellite name when detected ships are in range
    V1.21
    • Performance increase for large network
Last edited by Cycrow on Tue, 25. Aug 15, 11:52, edited 11 times in total.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 17:43

Loved this script in X3R, glad to see it for X3TC! I don't know if this is possible, but is there any way to link a player-owned ship (of fleet or group) to the SEWN network? ie: Satellite detects enemy, player patrol uses jumpdrive to jump to problem sector and attack enemies.

-Grax

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 17:55

well i will look at adding a few custom wings for SEWN so they can send protection for you

mufflink
x4

Post by mufflink » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 17:58

Excellent stuff Cycrow, you and LV truly are genius!!

Why no spk though? I know I can create my own spk but would by nice to be able to use the script update feature.

Regards,
Mufflink
When in doubt.......cheat.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:31

just sorting out the spk files now actually :P

mrsack
x3tc

Post by mrsack » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:37

What exactly does the warning time mean? Do satellites warn you as soon as an enemy ship appears and warns again 15 minutes later if they are still there?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 19:01

its the time between warnings.

so if u set it to 15, u wont get any warnings until 15 minutes after your first one, this includes new ships.

its to prevent u from getting too many warnings all the time, the default is 5 minutes, same as the X3R, althou it wasn't changable in that version

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 20:46

Are you ever going to fix the incorrect spelling of "satellite" that shows up all over the place in this script?
www.trackpedia.com
ASUS P5Q Pro - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4GHZ - ATI Radeon 4870 - 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 - Windows Server 2008 64bit - 2x500GB in RAID1
#1 in X3TC Ships Destroyed

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 21:14

sorry but i dont like ppl having ago at me for my bad spelling

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 21:27

Cycrow wrote:sorry but i dont like ppl having ago at me for my bad spelling
Not trying to "have a go" at you at all, just asking because it's been wrong since X3:R even... why not let someone else fix it? I know I'd be happy to do so...

I can't imagine it would be that hard to fix, a few find-and-replaces would probably do it...
www.trackpedia.com
ASUS P5Q Pro - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4GHZ - ATI Radeon 4870 - 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 - Windows Server 2008 64bit - 2x500GB in RAID1
#1 in X3TC Ships Destroyed

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:09

if u wanted to fix the text, u could simply edit the text file, its fairly easy, u'll find it in the t directory of the download.

and if u send me the edited version i will include it in the next release

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 00:09

yey, Cycrow is on his usual form!

thanks,

(p.s. any chance of a satellite deployment script like the 8-sats-in-a-cube from X3:R with automatic upkeep and moving on to other sectors etc? ;P)

WarChicken
x3tc

Post by WarChicken » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 07:13

Say Cycrow, will there be a TC version of your Plugin Manager? Since I don't like fondeling around in the game folders myself...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 11:54

its already available in the stickies

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 13:40

ciao Cycrow, nice to see you also in TC Scripts ;)

New Game, New Scripts and... new Translations :)
I started again to translate the Scripts, and i finished now this one.
How can i send you the translated *.xml file?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 13:43

u could just email it to me, click on my email link ;)

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 15:00

ok,
i sended the italian translated file
;)

WarChicken
x3tc

Post by WarChicken » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 18:41

Cycrow wrote:its already available in the stickies
Ah yes! sorry for being to dumb to take a closer look.

shinyclef

Post by shinyclef » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 15:01

Oh I loved this in reunion! I knew when to jump in to protect something all the time. Really nice!

I'm a bit worried about installing without an spk cause of the uninstalling reasons. If I install as is, and then use an spk later to kinda... overinstall the same thing... will that mean I can easily remove it? Maybe I'll just wait for spk anyway.

Thanks for this script :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 15:04

if you install the standard version, then when you install the spk, it will overright the existing files. So if you uninstall it will remove all the files.

however the spk is "technically" available now, its on the server ready for download :P

i just havn't updated the first post as ill soon release a new version. So ill edit it at the same time instead

soon = today

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”