NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rolfness
x3tc

Post by rolfness » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:35

Its gold !! D: its been released !!!

**Automated pants $h1tt1ng mode enabled**
-Headless Chicken sub routine enabled..

aaaaaahhh its 1 am the shops are closed .. aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....
If the world didnt suck we'd all fly off into space...

HarryB57
x3tc

Post by HarryB57 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:36

Just got my shipment conformation from egosoft. shipped on the 17th. will only take a few more days to make it over here to the states. already downloaded the update. good timing too, today is my first day of a 12 day vacation of gaming goodness.

i've read the problems that some people in the states are having with getting this game. steam only works if you have unlimited download and high bandwidth. i have hugesnet satellite with only 400 meg per 24 hrs., so that path was out. i use to be weary of ording online, but fixed that. i went to my local bank and got a visa that was limited to $300 per month, that way if you get hacked your only out a few bucks instead of your life savings. if i need more on the card i go to the bank and change it in person, make my order and change it back to $300.

for you folks too young for a card, i think most of your local banks will give you a very limited card if your parents will co-sign with you. my sisters step-son has one and he is in highschool.

I hope this little bit of advice will help someone. everyone deserves a copy of X3:TC.
Nforce 780i, Core 2 Duo E8500, 8GB Matched
PC2-6400, Geforce GTX 465, Intel 120GB SSD,
Barracuda 7200.12 1TB, Corsair 750W PSU,
Cooler master Hyper 212+, Win7 Pro 64-bit

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:51

RiSkE wrote:
Incubi wrote:
RiSkE wrote:A ticket is like a session in webpages. Whenever you log in, your computer gets a special code (for free), which just says that you've been authorised as a registered user, and that your games should be enabled. This ticket is void after a certain period, or if someone else logs on with your account. Basically, as long as it's active, you can play your games.

To put it a simpler way, if you don't log on every week or so, they think you're just pirating a game with a faked account, and they will lock you out. You need to keep logging in so that Steam can authorise you to continue playing. It's not a fine - it's like a free ticket to the movies.
Ugg And I thought Direct2drive was bad with late patches, id rathr that over having to check in with mommy before I can play :( Imagine having to put in the product key number every week. Definantly getting a dvd copy in the future.
I think you've completely misunderstood. There is no typing of product keys or clicking special things. If your computer hardware changes, or if it has been a while since you logged into Steam, it will prompt you to log in. Just let it log in, and then go straight back to offline mode. The ticketing is transparent.

I don't know why people want to play Steam things in offline mode anyway! Just leave Steam in the background - it does no damage. If you tell it not to download updates, it won't even do that.

And with regards to patches (I've seen a few people around mentioning this), it's normally updated very quickly. The Steam copy had v1.2 before it was released, if I've heard correctly.
Oh I didn't misunderstand. I just do not like that level of control. ANd playing offline means freeing up more resources by being bale to turn off our security software ( antivirus, anti spyware etc.. ) We pay the same as we do without a DVD, despite the lack of money put into a box a manual and a dvd. And we have to check in, wether or not I have to manualy put in the cd key is irrelevant. ALso unlike most other digital downloads, we have to run a third party program to be able the intended program. That alone is a major turn off. I only did this due to how the gam ewas released.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 02:50

Could you take this discussion elsewhere please?

danleach
x3tc

Post by danleach » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:47

Woohoo
Mr Postman has just been :)

Thankyou thankyou thankyou Egosoft!!

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 22:46

CBJ wrote:Could you take this discussion elsewhere please?
Hi CBJ. Which discussion? Forgive us, but loyal US X fans just crave news that might herald the arrival of our shiny new X game!!! If your concern is discussion of US arrival and release, where should we go with the discussion? Thanks.... and no, I'm not questioning your authority. You've been a big help to me here since X2. I think we are all just excited.

D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 22:50

The discussion to take elsewhere was the one in the post immediately prior to mine. Feel free to discuss your search for the game here, or in this thread which seems to be specifically about that. :)

MeatBag
x3tc

Post by MeatBag » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 23:46

danleach wrote:Woohoo
Mr Postman has just been :)

Thankyou thankyou thankyou Egosoft!!
If you dont mind, could you please me which country or at least which continent you are on?

...I'm still waiting for mine

Thanks

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 15:19

I need to say sorry for not uploading a SotD the last days, but the performance of the forums and the site was horrible, so I couldn't upload anything. But now screenshots will be uploaded daily again. So I did a few minutes ago and here is you new Screeshot of the Day :)

Wolfehunter
x3tc

Post by Wolfehunter » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 17:52

Finally got the game in the mail....

Tomorrow my new rigs comes in and X3 universe here I come. :D

Nice size manual.. alot to read hmmm. :wink:

Thank you Egosoft :thumb_up:

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 21:56

Package from Egosoft was waiting for me when I came home today. It felt like a package from family with all the real stamps, presumably licked.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 20:38

Another curious update on steam.

"Added support for registering CD keys that do not contain any games"

Hmmmmm.

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 03:13

is there a list of brick and mortar stores that carry x3tc?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 16:57

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 17:05

MooMan7777 wrote:is there a list of brick and mortar stores that carry x3tc?
No. Apart from the fact that you've not even mentioned what country you were in, it's unlikely that anyone here would know. Developers write games, publishers deal with distributors, and distributors deal with company purchasing departments, who in turn deal with individual stores. Getting a definitive list would be pretty much impossible.

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 01:22

Belisarius wrote:New Screenshot of the Day online! :)
Nice this helps pass the time while my game copy is enroute.It doesn't look too tough though.Centaurs usually fall pretty easily in Reunion.

Anyway,The fight video was just released.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 01:31

On that note, I'd like note that the pirate osprey paintjob is simply stellar, above and beyond, nice job guys. ;)

TGD: Pirate Centaurs still arn't that tough, but they have significantly more shielding than in X3R and their turret arcs are better and they sometimes have mass drivers. (!)

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 07:50

^^ Damn,Who'd of thought.I guess the Centaur is now a force to be reckon with now it is in Pirate hands.

I look forward to the challenge of seeing such a menace & also the Brigantine. :wink:

KreXx
x4

Post by KreXx » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 21:07

what's from about the steam serial? a week past and we still can't register our game :? :? :?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 23:42

We're still working on it. Our end is now OK and we're just waiting on Steam to get their end into the same state.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”