[Discussion] Generic X3TC S&M questions I

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 12:28

Litcube wrote:
Cycrow wrote: but the files a now basically in the form of, XXXX-LXXX.xml

which is in the sticky btw ;)
It is? Which sticky?

Also, it'd be pretty cool to see a short tutorial on how the new menu system works. I think this is the most exciting part of MCSI 41.
its in the community scripts sticky in the text file section.

as for the custom menu, i will see if i can get a tutorial made at some point, althou they are pretty easy to use anyways, both of my current scripts use custom menus extensivly.
oatboy wrote: So I know basically nothing about scripting, but i desperately want to get this script http://www.nthdegree.com.au/sverre/publ ... 31205.html
to work in TC, because it was so useful. I tried changing the version to 41 in all the files and changing the format of the T file to the new format, but it still won't load. Is there an easy way to fix this or would i have to learn how to rewrite the script?
Thanks a lot guys!
Edit: vvvvv oh thanks a lot!
have you made sure you've changed both version tags in each file, theres the one at the top and the one in the code array, both will have to be changes for it to work. Have you gone into the script editor to check the script files are there ?

if you have changed them correctly, then they will show up in the list, otherwise they wont display at all.

however, even if you get them to show up, theres no guarente they will work. Alot of the types files have changes, which means if scripts use ship types, wares, etc. Then most likly these will be wrong and will have to be changed

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 12:31

ThisIsHarsh wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone has seen/knows if there is any kind of more intelligent patrol ships (e.g. similar to LVs excellent Race Response) built-in to X3TC. Seems like a feature that would logically have a place in the next installment, since stock patrol ships were widely critisized in X3R.

I have noticed that stations seem to have defenders now, at least, so I'm hopeful it goes further than that. Not had a chance to see if this is the case myself though.

I know it doesnt sound like a scripting question, but I ask here to see if there is a 'market' for more intelligent AI fleets - and if so, are there any new scripting capabilities that could be useful for developing them? How about the MD vs script editor for such 'faction level' scripts (e.g. given the event-driven nature of the MD)?
there are race protection fleets. The miltary outposts send out fleets of ships to protect sectors

paulms1980
x3tc

whats new?

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 14:59

im back, havnt been here in almost a year! lol
whats goin on now with the x3 mods n scripts ect?

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:09

Well X3:TC was (officially) released last Friday. Most scripters are writing/going to write their scripts for it, I think, or convert old X3:R scripts to X3:TC. As can be read in the sticky, X3:R scripts are not compatible with X3:TC. I think that's the most important recent development, as for X3:R scripts and modding, lots of new scripts and mods have been released and updated. XTM is updated recently and X1 has been released recently, to name a few things. I suggest you take a peek in the X3:R scripts and modding if your interested in it ;) otherwise keep your eyes on this forum, because I think lots of scripts are going to be released soon ;)

DaWilko
x4

Post by DaWilko » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:11

I second this CAG scripts for running multiple internonnected (via freighters) complexes is a must.

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 21:37

Cycrow,

Will we be seeing a X3TC version of your installer?

The North Wind

orion_1394
x3tc

[Request] Sticky for X3:R Players Moving to X3:TC

Post by orion_1394 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 21:58

Was just wondering i'm getting this game soon in like a few weeks until i sort out my computer to prep it for the arrival of a Brand Spanking New Game!

But i was just wondering if a Kind and generous admin (all of them lol) could make a sticky here on scripts and modding to show the X3:R mods sticky and beside each to tell us wether there is a script that is the same if not has some of the features as one script had on X3:R kinda like this:

E.G:
X3:R
Advanced Satellite Track System
X3:TC
Ship Bug Placer

I know people can just go round reading all the topics but just to save that one poor souls time if he knows X3:R scripts just to show him the right name.
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 23:11

WindsOfBoreas wrote:Cycrow,

Will we be seeing a X3TC version of your installer?

The North Wind
its being beta tested

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 23:11

Cycrow wrote:
ok, well this is quite simple really,
i sussed that bit my question was in rleation to adding it to a station to replace the removed BBS, the icons now showing, how do we tag into a station to offer a mission etc was what I mean't

btw, will someone please rebuild the EMP for TC so i can port most of my simple scripts over
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 23:13

LV wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
ok, well this is quite simple really,
i sussed that bit my question was in rleation to adding it to a station to replace the removed BBS, the icons now showing, how do we tag into a station to offer a mission etc was what I mean't
ah you mean the mission icons ?

these are done via the MD, the MD can also add new entries into the comm menu as well[/quote]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 23:23

Would you like us to shine your shoes as well mister :P

As the game has been out <1week there will not be much available for a while,

Once things are moving people will be able to simply ask if something has been re-written as usual, most scripters will use the same name for a conversion anyway, Moderators now have another forum to look through so the chance we are going to do extra is zilch ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:14

Cycrow wrote:
ok,
so is there a barebones MD example that will simply call my scripted menu on clicking the icon, I don't have the urge to mess with the MD too much atm.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:16

i havn't done much with the MD, perhaps asking someone like XGamer, he might be able to make a basic MD file todo that

s9ilent
x4

Script Help: Buy/Sell ware script

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 02:05

Hey Everyone, I'm just wondering, I've made a script and part of it needs to buy/sell similar to that of a station manager- but the homebase is a mobile ship.

I'm rather poor at writing economy-based scripts, so... could someone suggest a script I could base it off/call with my script?

Coruskane
x4

enhanced encyclopedia?

Post by Coruskane » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 02:36

Really loving the encyclopedia function...I was tired of always having to alt-tab out to look up the stats of a ship etc. However, they could have spent a little more time addings in more functionality. So...

Is it possible to mod/script in a search/filter function (e.g. search for all M3s etc), and a comparison feature, where you can compare several listings at once (e.g. compare the argon, boron and splite M3+ simultaneously??

Is this feasible?

Many thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 02:48

the encyclopedia is not moddable im afraid

Shadowman-slunz
x3

ATF ships for sale

Post by Shadowman-slunz » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 02:49

From what I've heard, one cannot buy the ATF ships. Which is really a shame, because I already fell in love with the Aegir. Is it somehow possible to add those ships for sale to existing shipyards? (By that I mean, do the mod tools for this task work yet?)

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just impatient and eager, but I really want to buy those ships. I know that in the end, I could just script them to me and subtract some money, but it will feel different ;)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 04:11

Looks like it's going to have to be the old fashioned way then.

Suppose I should get some pen and paper ready...

paintner

Post by paintner » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 04:12

maybe someone could/would take their time to put pictures and info on the ships in the spoiler thread ...

might put some effort into it myself later on this week.
I got an angel on my shoulder, but the devil hold's my hand ...

XGamer
x4

Post by XGamer » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:12

LV wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
ok,
so is there a barebones MD example that will simply call my scripted menu on clicking the icon, I don't have the urge to mess with the MD too much atm.
I recon you got some MSCI Coded "Mission" like Stuff but dont want to do it properly in MD and thus just want to show an Icon an a Station for it? The Player then Comms the Station chooses yes and the Script you wrote does the rest?

greetz
XGamer
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”