On how to start as a Paranid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Khenti
x3

On how to start as a Paranid

Post by Khenti » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:06

The Paranid have always been my favorite faction in the X games (their ships always look so damn cool) and this time around I was truly hoping to start the game as a Paranid instead of an unclean human convert :). I have heard it bandied around that their are alternative starts and even some ideas about how to unlock them in general. I however have heard no specifics and I would like to spend as little time trying to unlock a Paranid start as possible so I can get right to it. So I was wondering if anyone could do me the very great favor of telling me how they unlocked a Paranid start themselves (or any start really) or share any ideas they might have on the subject. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Khenti

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:12

I don't think anyone's found any of the new starts yet... :)

Creston

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:13

I'm pretty sure you get pious paranid for reaching a certain rank with them. Failing that you could just unlock the starts via the registry.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:15

I did a Pious Paranid start actually via registry hacking. Hope ya like trading though. ;)

Khenti
x3

Post by Khenti » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:28

Would you mind telling me exactly how one "hacks the registry" as to be honest I do not have the slightest idea of how to begin.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:32

READ FIRST: DO NOT touch anything but what is explicitly mentioned here. The registry is crucial to the proper functioning of your computer and a single wrong edit can cause critical errors.

Goto Start->Run and type REGEDIT. Press enter.

In the Edit menu at the top, select FIND and type in "Egosoft". We're looking for the Egosoft folder (key); it may not be the first result. Select Find Next until you find it.

Select the X3TC subfolder. There will be a list of values on the right. Look for GameStarts and double click it.

You should have a popup. Make sure that Hexadecimal is selected and replace whatever is in the Value box with the following

fffff

That will give you access to all game starts when you next start the game. Note that at least one of the starts is a mild spoiler.

I really should just make a .REG file, but I've never done that before... *shrugs*

Trustworthy
x4

Post by Trustworthy » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:24

This regedit method doesn't enable one start listed in the manual: "Yaki Insurgent."

Is this a problem with the hex code, or was the Yaki Insurgent start removed from the game?

I'd be sad if it were the latter; I was really looking forward to a Yaki start. :(

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:41

It's probably a problem with the hex code; i'm just copying it straight over from what worked in X3:R. You can try adding another f if you want.

Trustworthy
x4

Post by Trustworthy » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 04:47

I played with the hex a little and couldn't find a solution.

I'd love to get some official word on whether the Yaki start was actually included or not. In another thread people were complaining about odd Yaki behavior (i.e., becoming hostile whenever you re-enter a sector, rep not "sticking," etc.), which makes me skeptical.

I'm okay investing the time into raising Yaki rep / lowering others / whatever else needs to be done for that custom start, but I don't want to waste my time if there's no Yaki scenario to be had.

ZX9000
x3

Post by ZX9000 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 13:41

There doesn't seem to be a yaki standing at all, or a way to make friends with their stations and the ships in core sector(s). At least from the various tests I could think of using a cheat editor, but I might of course have missed something. I hope I did :(

Ahdinko
x4

Post by Ahdinko » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 14:00

Sandalpocalypse wrote:READ FIRST: DO NOT touch anything but what is explicitly mentioned here. The registry is crucial to the proper functioning of your computer and a single wrong edit can cause critical errors.

Goto Start->Run and type REGEDIT. Press enter.

In the Edit menu at the top, select FIND and type in "Egosoft". We're looking for the Egosoft folder (key); it may not be the first result. Select Find Next until you find it.

Select the X3TC subfolder. There will be a list of values on the right. Look for GameStarts and double click it.

You should have a popup. Make sure that Hexadecimal is selected and replace whatever is in the Value box with the following

fffff

That will give you access to all game starts when you next start the game. Note that at least one of the starts is a mild spoiler.

I really should just make a .REG file, but I've never done that before... *shrugs*
Highlight the key you have changed, goto file > export.

Name the file and bosh, done.

But if computer/install-specific data is in that key (Like path to install folder) and then they import a different path to the one they actually have, it could bugger up their X3.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:24

Just to confirm the Yaki gamestart was removed just prior to release and there unfortunately wasn't time to reflect this in the manual.
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:37

Graphil wrote:Just to confirm the Yaki gamestart was removed just prior to release and there unfortunately wasn't time to reflect this in the manual.
Do you know if there are any plans to re-add it and other cut content in future patches? I want my boron m8.

Rumillion
x4

Post by Rumillion » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 22:56

the boron start works, i just tried it.

Trustworthy
x4

Post by Trustworthy » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 03:34

Graphil wrote:Just to confirm the Yaki gamestart was removed just prior to release and there unfortunately wasn't time to reflect this in the manual.
That's too bad, although its absence is a mere mosquito on the windshield of this game's awesomeness. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yoda_69ea
x3tc

Post by Yoda_69ea » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 11:06

Hi,

Is there a khaak beginning like X3:R ?

Thanks

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 11:59

No.

Yoda_69ea
x3tc