Just a quick question: *DISABLING the Joystick

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Krelian
x3

Just a quick question: *DISABLING the Joystick

Post by Krelian » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:25

Hi , i love the game, but just a quick question.

I have a joystick hooked up to my system, BUT i wanna play X3TC with mouse and keybord.

It seems that no matter what i set my speed to via the mouse, my throttle of saitek X52 has superiority over it and thus overrides my speed command. This forces me to use the joystick throttle instead, which i dont wanna use.

But i use my X52 for some other games, so i dont wanna disconnect it.

How can i disable the joystick support for X3 TC, please?
Thank you.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:27

The problem is that your joystick's throttle is sending a continuous signal. You should be able to change this in the configuration settings.

Krelian
x3

Post by Krelian » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:49

Got it, thank you:)

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 12:43

I have a reverse question.
My x52pro is completely set-up and configured so i don't need to use the keyboard.
I use the mouse of the x52pro to control the interface (nice job with it by the way).
But when i want to select a ship and i am off by a bit the mouse steer engages instead of selecting the ship/station/object.
Is there a way to disable the mouse steering?
Tried classic mode but there it is permanent mouse steer.
This isn't something major just a little annoyance but any help will be appreciated

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”