NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FirewolfX
x3tc

Post by FirewolfX » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:45

eladan wrote:
TEKing66 wrote:Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?
There's currently no information about a US publisher. You can order the DVD version online - some people have made suggestions of where (for around $40 US I believe.)
Check out www.gogamer.com

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 08:32

Aro wrote:
Belisarius wrote:[ external image ]
What the? I want one :shock:
Looks purply khaak. Too small to be a capital ship. Did they get an M6 or 7?
OOOh you know what that ship reminds me of? The Khaak are starting to evolve into the Shadows from Babylon 5 (Come to think of it, they were insectoid too. AND their homeworld got blown up. My God, it really is them! :) )

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 09:58

Nyax wrote:OOOh you know what that ship reminds me of? The Khaak are starting to evolve into the Shadows from Babylon 5 (Come to think of it, they were insectoid too. AND their homeworld got blown up. My God, it really is them! :) )
Wonder if the Slave and Super Slave chips can be a substitute for psi-powers...
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 10:57

BTW new Blog.

Glad too see you all enjoyed yourselves! Now the work begins, sorting the wheat from the chaff and fixing the bugs (there will inevitably be a few) found by your customers, us, AKA "The Gamma Testers". :D

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:40

hahaha just after the first mission i capped a Pirate M8 heavy bomber on a bbs mission which was worth over 2 million to sell, could you get a better start than that?????

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 04:15

Another Terran Conflict trailer! see it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLwktGhma0

Its not the fight trailer though.
How can one player flying one ship defeat a big gang of pirates?

Good flying, or reinforcements. Lots of reinforcements.

Distortionist
x4

Post by Distortionist » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 06:24

Where can I buy the game ? I am in Canada and no one around me sells it.. Is there a good online store I can buy from ? someone here said he got it from amazon, I cant find it there. Someone said gogamer.com but they dont ship to canada.. Help?!

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 06:31

Distortionist wrote:Where can I buy the game ? I am in Canada and no one around me sells it.. Is there a good online store I can buy from ? someone here said he got it from amazon, I cant find it there. Someone said gogamer.com but they dont ship to canada.. Help?!
Steam. I am pretty steamed about this, but I caved in and it is now 66% done downloading. While I am brewing, can someone instruct me on how to play Steam games offline again?

Distortionist
x4

Post by Distortionist » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 06:34

I never liked steam.. I would like to buy the DVD!

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 07:07

For those still trying to get the game no matter where in the world try Ebay.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 07:42

:( 88% I am stuck with a slow dsl because I hate the local cable company and a faster speed is not offered :(

Anywho, Forum is buggy an dI cant find the page within a reasonable amount fo time that explains how to play Steam games offline. Hopefully someone who knows wil respond before 100%... because I will then be indisposed for a while :D ( no sleep tonight )

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:02

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:11

Put that in a sticky!!! Woot, best tutorial I have ever seen in my life. :x3:

And thank you.

RiSkE
x3tc

Post by RiSkE » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:24

Beware of offline though - I believe that you get a "ticket" when you login, and it's only valid for a certain period of time, so you'll probably have to log onto Steam every week or so.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:25

RiSkE wrote:Beware of offline though - I believe that you get a "ticket" when you login, and it's only valid for a certain period of time, so you'll probably have to log onto Steam every week or so.
ticket? I am new to stream, is this a fine, or a you get x amount of tickets and you cant play your games anymore?

RiSkE
x3tc

Post by RiSkE » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:30

A ticket is like a session in webpages. Whenever you log in, your computer gets a special code (for free), which just says that you've been authorised as a registered user, and that your games should be enabled. This ticket is void after a certain period, or if someone else logs on with your account. Basically, as long as it's active, you can play your games.

To put it a simpler way, if you don't log on every week or so, they think you're just pirating a game with a faked account, and they will lock you out. You need to keep logging in so that Steam can authorise you to continue playing. It's not a fine - it's like a free ticket to the movies.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 10:26

RiSkE wrote:A ticket is like a session in webpages. Whenever you log in, your computer gets a special code (for free), which just says that you've been authorised as a registered user, and that your games should be enabled. This ticket is void after a certain period, or if someone else logs on with your account. Basically, as long as it's active, you can play your games.

To put it a simpler way, if you don't log on every week or so, they think you're just pirating a game with a faked account, and they will lock you out. You need to keep logging in so that Steam can authorise you to continue playing. It's not a fine - it's like a free ticket to the movies.
Ugg And I thought Direct2drive was bad with late patches, id rathr that over having to check in with mommy before I can play :( Imagine having to put in the product key number every week. Definantly getting a dvd copy in the future.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 11:26

Icubi,

As far as I can work out, Steam will only reconfirm if the hardware hash changes or if you log in. I was playing X2 / X3 offline for about 2 weeks when I moved and didn't have an internet connection - never had a problem.

Steam has an option in the File menu to go offline. Also go to File / Settings and you can set whether or not Steams starts up with Windows.

Poacher
x3tc

Post by Poacher » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 11:26

Must say that I pre-ordered my copy of XTC from Game,arriving on Thursday morning,was playing by 09:45.Must have been lucky I guess.Never been a fan of steam myself,I always like a hard copy of any game!

RiSkE
x3tc

Post by RiSkE » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 15:38

Incubi wrote:
RiSkE wrote:A ticket is like a session in webpages. Whenever you log in, your computer gets a special code (for free), which just says that you've been authorised as a registered user, and that your games should be enabled. This ticket is void after a certain period, or if someone else logs on with your account. Basically, as long as it's active, you can play your games.

Ugg And I thought Direct2drive was bad with late patches, id rathr that over having to check in with mommy before I can play :( Imagine having to put in the product key number every week. Definantly getting a dvd copy in the future.
I think you've completely misunderstood. There is no typing of product keys or clicking special things. If your computer hardware changes, or if it has been a while since you logged into Steam, it will prompt you to log in. Just let it log in, and then go straight back to offline mode. The ticketing is transparent.

I don't know why people want to play Steam things in offline mode anyway! Just leave Steam in the background - it does no damage. If you tell it not to download updates, it won't even do that.

And with regards to patches (I've seen a few people around mentioning this), it's normally updated very quickly. The Steam copy had v1.2 before it was released, if I've heard correctly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”