Massive performance problems in first "large" battle

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

HenryX

Massive performance problems in first "large" battle

Post by HenryX » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:05

I went into my first larger battle, actually it wasn't that large. It's the terra main mission, when you are suppose to bring back the first contact remains of the deca ships to Venus, and they are going to attack on the way through Mars. Involved is just one terran carrier with support and about 10 deca ships, with more coming in through the jump beacon every few seconds.

Well, the game goes not only into a crwal, it almost stops. It's like a picture slide show. It really can't be my system. I got a Geforce 280x, quad core, 4 gig ram, Vista 32. Everything up to date patched.
I play Crysis on very high settings with no performance problems.

So somewhere there is something seriously going wrong. Also I noticed that the game performance cuts back considerably after playing for a while, and then entering even a small battle will start decrease the frame rates by quite a bit. That all points to me to a possible memory leak. :cry:

Ajy170
x3tc

Post by Ajy170 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:08

Run it as admin.

Right click, properties, compatibility, tick run as admin. Generally helps.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:21

There's a sticky thread at the very top of the forum that clearly states the information that EVERYONE needs to provide. Please provide that information.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”