grats on a ....... DRM scheme

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

antiacid

grats on a ....... DRM scheme

Post by antiacid » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:11

I went on steam, bought a copy of the game, waited patiently for 5hours to download it, clicked the icon...

TAGES kicks in! (at that point I knew I was going to have issues).

I install those intrusive drivers, click next on the next box (with the serial number) and BAM!

Unexpected Error (13:10).

So tell me, Egosoft, how do I go around getting my money back? I sure as hell am not going to be paying for a game that I can't play. Who do I contact for my 40$ ?

EDIT: While I'm at it, if I uninstall the game, will that TAGES crap disapear as well or do I need to format my drive? I remember oh so well how Sony used a nice rootkit to "protect" its content a little while ago...

ChairborneRanger
x4

Post by ChairborneRanger » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:33

Could be worse... they could still use Starforce *SHUDDER* :o

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:46

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm

-> contact us -> activation support

^ the people to contact regarding tages errors

as for refunds you're out of luck
As with most software products, we will not offer refunds for purchases made online as outlined in the software license - please review Section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
though you can try sending them an email if you think you have a case to make.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 08:21

Please take this issue to the TAGES site. Also please read the sticky labeled "copy protection".

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 01:33

If you want technical support then the information required is explained in a sticky thread at the top of the forum. If you have problems with the copy protection, or questions about it, then the steps you need to take are explained in another sticky thread. That second sticky thread also points out that this forum is not the place to discuss the merits, or otherwise, of the copy protection system.

If you want a refund then that's an issue between you and the retailer or distributor from whom you bought the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”