mission status - easy/hard is wrong???

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

paintner

mission status - easy/hard is wrong???

Post by paintner » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 00:55

me and my brother are playing X3: Terran Conflict at the moment and we noticed something that we think is a bit strange.

we both play the 'terrad defender' campaign start, but, I got missions worth 50k or 500k that´s marked 'hard' or 'very hard' where I face 5 ships all dying with 4 shoots from standard outfitet campaign ship.

while he got a a lot of missions that hardly give 5k or 10k that´s 'hard' and he meet more opposition then me.

'you got the f*ckin same missions as I but get 10 times more then me!!!' was his reaction.

also, I picked an 'easy' mission right before typing this and got 6-7 Ka'ahn (spelling?) opponents with beam lasers or whatever that took me down in less then a few seconds.

don´t know if this is a tec-supp question really but something sure is messed up, don´t you think?!
I got an angel on my shoulder, but the devil hold's my hand ...

blackwidow2ggst

Post by blackwidow2ggst » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:21

There is something wrong with the payments and the difficultys. I have done many protect the station missions that net me about 500-600K and they are pretty easy in the starting M4. Theres missions that pay 30-100K that are much harder and longer than that even if it states its easy/average. One mission I took to patrol a sector and eliminate any thereats spawed a ton of xenon, I didnt hang around long enough but it looked like more than enough to wipe out the entire sector on its own. The missions definately need some tweaking.

paintner

Post by paintner » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 03:28

well then it show´s I am not alone ...
but as brother seem to have a 'correct rating' in the difficulty and money-rate ... why don´t I? =)

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:45

It might be worth comparing the fight ranks of you and your brother. It is assumed that a higher-ranked pilot will find less trouble with larger numbers of enemies than a low-ranked pilot.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:48

I am also noticing that the difficulty is heavily based on how big of a ship they send against you for the combat missions. I actually have more trouble with the easier ones that have a ton of M4 and M3s as they are harder to hit, whereas I blazed through a hard-rated mission that sent me up against a lone Xenon P with my Saber.

eldarmark
x4

Post by eldarmark » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:55

I've not had much problem with Hards because they right now tend to have 1 or 2 big ships (M6s mostly) which, if you know how to be annoying in a M4, are pretty easy.

The hard ones to me are the Easy or Average Patrol missions when a P, 7 Ls (I counted), and a full screen worth of Ms and Ns appear. The Ms and Ns can actually hit me, so I either win fast or die fast.

paintner

Post by paintner » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:58

softweir wrote:It might be worth comparing the fight ranks of you and your brother. It is assumed that a higher-ranked pilot will find less trouble with larger numbers of enemies than a low-ranked pilot.
I will check that, but as we played storymode and started at the same time and pretty much not done more then the storymode quests to the same point when we picked up another 'off story'-quest we can´t be THAT far from eachother ... and besides, if it only were different type of opposition we meet, ok ... but it´s still the question about the money difference ... as well as my 'easy' missions send fighters that blast my shields on 2 hits :p

seems somewhat like my easy and hard have reversed ...

SpiritMaster

Omg

Post by SpiritMaster » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 05:10

I got a 'defend station' rated as average, which spawned 3 Khaak corvette, and with PAC's, they are damn near impossible to kill without NPC help unless your willing to spend an hour or so.
chown -R us ./base

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”