NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mav'r'ck

Post by Mav'r'ck » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 15:55

Thanks Egosoft, I am installing the game now, I can't wait!

Also credit to Amazon, my copy arrived somewhere between 12:30pm and 2:50 pm, which is quite impressive considering I didn't ask for first class delivery.

I shall now ruin the big surprise for all you who are waiting...it's the biggest secret X3 TC has to offer, I'm shaking as I type this:

YOU GET A FREE POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible eh?

Ahhh, I've been away for a while, XTM filled the gap, but it's good to be back. I bloody love this game. I love it so much that I'm almost sad to have some really cool social things planned for this weekend.

Oh well, I hope you are all satisfied soon, and once again congrats to Ego, all the XTM boys, and all of you lovely forum mods for dealing so patiently with what is effectively many thousands of over-excited children given tonnes of sugar and then made to wait for their presents.

Hip-Hip, HOORAY!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 16:03

Since today is the day of the official release of X3: Terran Conflict I thought it would be nice to give more than just one eye-candy on one day, so I uploaded three screenshots into the gallery of the SotD. Special thanks also to Alex Vanderbilt and enenra who sent me screen two and three. I hope you'll like it :)

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 16:34

exogenesis wrote:I don't get all this angst about 1 day.
Me neither, but them I'm not going to be able to play it until after Christmas.

It was really weird, up until it was released, I was *really* eager to just pre-order it even though I couldn't play it. But now it's been released, I can easily wait until after Christmas (in fact, if I ask for it as a present, I won't even have to pay for it - someone else will).

GreasyBaz
x3tc

Post by GreasyBaz » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 17:05

It's mine!!!! All mine!!! And a lot of other peoples too from the look of it. Just picked up a copy from game which I was suprised to find in the number 2 position on their charts, above spore and warhammer online. Who needs advertising eh?

Sir.Diealot_swe
x3tc

Post by Sir.Diealot_swe » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 18:37

Just got mine :D i think im the first in sweden to got it! And if not first in sweden so first from WEBHALLEN :roll: got to go and play now :lol:

drakend

Post by drakend » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 19:04

Yeah I'm curious to see what the game is like, if Steam decides to go faster than 100 KBps... I started the download this morning and it's still going on... :roll:

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 19:18

Axeface wrote:Would like to know if play.com buyers have received theirs?
Well i can't speak for everyone of course, but i'm a play.com buyer and my copy has NOT turned up.

Might still show up tomorrow of course but i'm expecting next week now.

I have to say play.coms delivery service may be free these days, but it was much, much more reliable when you had to pay for it.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 21:03

My Play.com one turned up this morning. :)

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 00:45

No delivery today for me :( . But maybe Saturday or Monday with any luck.

Welcome back to the forum, looks like it got a little hot from all the people online a few hours ago. Probably crash again tomorrow. :D

Yellowjack
x4

Ther are other places than the UK and USA

Post by Yellowjack » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:10

Nova Scotia,

You could always trying buying it from OZ or Kiwi. :)
In the Spirit of ELITE

Yellowjack
x4

Today's Thumbnails

Post by Yellowjack » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:19

Two of todays screenshots are only 120 * 80 pixels. Neither useful or mouthwatering. :cry:
In the Spirit of ELITE

softweir
xr

Re: Today's Thumbnails

Post by softweir » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:28

Yellowjack wrote:Two of todays screenshots are only 120 * 80 pixels. Neither useful or mouthwatering. :cry:
Whut? 1280 * 1024, 1680 * 1050 and another, slightly smaller image, but none as small as 120 * 80!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:36

Belisarius wrote:[ external image ]
What the? I want one :shock:
Looks purply khaak. Too small to be a capital ship. Did they get an M6 or 7?

mrscribbler
x3tc

Post by mrscribbler » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:49

Aro wrote:
Belisarius wrote:[ external image ]
What the? I want one :shock:
Looks purply khaak. Too small to be a capital ship. Did they get an M6 or 7?
Oh, that should be the khaak M6. If it's like the XTM version, its wings rotate around the body. Kinda weird, and if you try to manually dock to most things in it, you'll crash, but it's really worth a lot of credits if you can capture it (at least in XTM).

MeatBag
x3tc

Post by MeatBag » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:53

RiSkE wrote:A few pages back people were asking for the manual, and told that it was illegal to release it due to copyright issues. I know this is probably too late to be of any use for most people, but I just noticed that Steam have hosted it on the Terran Conflict product page, and have probably been doing so for some time, so for the poor few that are still waiting, here's a link:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/282 ... 1224195223
Thanks for this, greatly appreciated. :thumb_up:

I have nothing else to do this weekend until the game arrives. And when it does arrive i dont want to be forced to read the manual during working hours :P :thumb_up:

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 02:06

Woo hoo!

First game, plot mission one,
Spoiler
Show
first wave of xenon ships. Capped a Xenon M. No equipment, but 85% hull in tact
A good start if ever there was one.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 03:56

Hi,

Just wanted to say I am an avid fan of the X Series. I own at least one copy of the whole series ( 2 copies of X2 & X3 Reunion). And I am looking forward to playing Terran Conflict. It's safe to say that since I discovered X: Beyond the Frontier, (and you can quote me on this) "There is the X Universe and beyond that, No other video games exist!".

I am kinda surprised that I can only get the game through Steam since I live in the USA. This scares me, as I only have a dial-up connection I will not be able to get the game. All this reading about, waiting for, and wishing for something that I may never be able to get. This leaves me feeling like I have started to read a really good book, get half way through it, and then someone steals the last chapter.

Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?

Please tell me your working on this.

Thanks,
Tim King (a.k.a. TEKing66 in the X Universe Forums)
Your dear and true friend and loyal customer since (XBTF) the beginning way back in 1999.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:04

TEKing66 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to say I am an avid fan of the X Series. I own at least one copy of the whole series ( 2 copies of X2 & X3 Reunion). And I am looking forward to playing Terran Conflict. It's safe to say that since I discovered X: Beyond the Frontier, (and you can quote me on this) "There is the X Universe and beyond that, No other video games exist!".

I am kinda surprised that I can only get the game through Steam since I live in the USA. This scares me, as I only have a dial-up connection I will not be able to get the game. All this reading about, waiting for, and wishing for something that I may never be able to get. This leaves me feeling like I have started to read a really good book, get half way through it, and then someone steals the last chapter.

Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?
Please tell me your working on this.

Thanks,
Tim King (a.k.a. TEKing66 in the X Universe Forums)
Your dear and true friend and loyal customer since (XBTF) the beginning way back in 1999.

Ditto!!!!!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:53

TEKing66 wrote:Will the DVD version ever be released in the USA?
There's currently no information about a US publisher. You can order the DVD version online - some people have made suggestions of where (for around $40 US I believe.)

xxdh2kxx

Been loving this

Post by xxdh2kxx » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 07:19

The games been fun but as with all things u play for hundreds of hours at a time =), the small things tick you off.

It's the sound of the flak, e.g. explosion that seems to be 5x louder than anything else. It literally "hurts" my ears when the flak, or some new weapon that I haven't looked into blows up near my ship. I remember I had a problem with this in X3 Reunion and after searching the forums I met others with the same issue and luckily for me someone had created a less painful sound for the explosion. I believe XTM had a whole new sound library too because I can't remember the last time it bothered me until TC brought it back.

There has to be a script/fake patch in the works and if none of you other guys notice it either you're deaf already =), or my sound card is screwed up.

Remember Kids! Volume Effects on 100% does not make you cool. =P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”