[AL-Plugin][V2.0] Set Crystals Primary Resource

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 18:59

Version 2.0 released
I actually made this thing an AL-Plugin, as making AL-Plugins is ten times easier than any workaround I tried before. A .spk-file, ReadMe and everything is included. Have fun and enjoy - I'm still doing my research on the influences of this plugin on the economy.

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 20:39

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hilarious that making crystals a primary resource will cause the economy to COLLAPSE! How do those aliens survive? :lol:

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 21:15

Have you tried halving the rate of NPC crystal consumption? That might allow the free traders to supply enough for the stations to continue operating :D
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

JBL

Post by JBL » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 22:35

I installed this script and it crashes my game can it only be used when you start a new game not a saved game?
Windows XP/Vista (Dual Boot)
Pentium 4 3.6
Memory 4 GB
Video ATI X1600 512
Dual LG 22" Monitors
Saitek X52

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 22:37

what???

no, it should be fine...

could you name any more details, such as game version used, script version used, and things you do to crash it?

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 23:28

SymTec, I'm curious. When you turned this thing into an AL plugin did you make so that it rechecks all the SPP's in the Universe from time to time? I ask because if the GOD engine destroys and then rebuilds a SPP the new one will have crystals back as secondary resources.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 23:31

Yes, of course - it is much more simple with an AL-Plugin... checks it every few hours or so, I guess... little often, but there are not that many SPPs in the Universe ;)

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 16:56

Cool! I think I'll upgrade to the next version. I had a bad habit of scripting in a Xenon/Khaak fleet or two and rearranging some sectors factory layout (including SPP's). :twisted: And of course when they got rebuilt they had secondary crystals again.

FYI I have this running for 10-12 game hours now. And I am just now starting to recover the economy. I have 3 Complex's of about 12-18 CF's each in Light Water, Akeela's Beacon, and I can't remember the other one but it's close by. I have really only recovered the economy in that little area though.

Just curious where and how many CF's other people have who are running this script? :D

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Mon, 28. May 07, 17:26

This is sweet, makes the X3 universe just a bit more realistic. Any chance to create a script that would modify _ALL_ NPC stations to have the same requirements as a PC station? Then the only item left would be to get rid of the cheating 'ware' black-holes but that's a code change. I'd just be happy to have all the stations acting in a real-world sort of way to level the playing field.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 28. May 07, 18:55

stevecs wrote:This is sweet, makes the X3 universe just a bit more realistic. Any chance to create a script that would modify _ALL_ NPC stations to have the same requirements as a PC station? Then the only item left would be to get rid of the cheating 'ware' black-holes but that's a code change. I'd just be happy to have all the stations acting in a real-world sort of way to level the playing field.
Afaik, SPPs are the only Fabs that produce without resources anyway. A complete removal of all secondary resources would be possible, but practically irreversible and "not good" for the economy - where do all the wares go once they are produced? No need for weed or wheat, ...

So, it is surely possible, but I do not really play on going so far ;)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 29. May 07, 05:24

Have there been further studies on the impact?

An earlier estimation was 200 (player?) crystal fabs. Does this still hold true? Methinks this'll go down well with my RFF script hehehe makes for quick seeding of CFs.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 29. May 07, 12:58

When I finished my tests this month, the economy still hadn't broken down. ECs were expensive, but available - even in those parts of the universe I did not have any influence or impact on.

That's why I think GOD somehow further influences the economy, so that breakdowns are impossible - but I have no proof, nor any starting point for further investigation.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 29. May 07, 14:56

I read the german thread, seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that the calculations do not take into account the existence of NPC CFs, only NPC SPPs vs Player CFs.

Wouldn't the NPC CFs prolong the "inevitable" for that much longer?

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Tue, 29. May 07, 17:28

Since the NPC SPPs don't normally need crystals, there shouldn't be close to enough transports to get the crystals they need from NPC CFs. Note that mid-range products in the NPC economy (energy & food) have dedicated transports in Tjobs. Thus the NPC CFs probably don't matter - unless the player does the transporting.

This plugin seems like a microscope to show all the gory bits in just how bad the NPC economy really manages itself. I shudder at the thought, but good luck to anyone taking it up. I'll be interested in the autopsy results :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 4. Oct 08, 18:49

Final update of this script and topic:
  • changed download link
  • no code changes
  • unless there's any unexpected behavior or news, I am now closing support for this script, moving on to the next X game

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”