NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Showdown
x3tc

Post by Showdown » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 13:51

I don't read the manual, so can I have my copy now please? :D :wink:

Ajy170
x3tc

Post by Ajy170 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 14:08

I have my money on early January :wink:

EB in Australia is saying 23rd of October btw.

Ulfarus
x2

Post by Ulfarus » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 14:08

Okay so the manual machine is broken.

Does this mean Egosoft are going to delay the steam release as well ?

Conan1
x3tc

Post by Conan1 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 14:10

Showdown wrote:I don't read the manual, so can I have my copy now please? :D :wink:
I agree. Surely we can read the manual in PDF while playing :D
Intel i7 quad core, 3200 MHz. Gainward Geforce 770 (4 GB). 8 GB ram.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 14:26

Ulfarus wrote:Okay so the manual machine is broken.

Does this mean Egosoft are going to delay the steam release as well ?
That is a decision for the publisher not Egosoft.
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 14:27

ehh...do you remember X3? the release SHOULD have been pushed back 4-5 months to correct the glitches that were in the game...or else we should have received our money back for beta testing the darn game for them!

EventHorizon
x4

Post by EventHorizon » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 15:22

Ok, how do I cancel my pre-order?

I am not going to wait for all of these extra delays, s**t happens and all that but I will just purchase it off of Steam when it has actually been released. The book would have been nice, but I can live without it.

*EDIT*

I pre-ordered from the Egosoft shop, not from elsewhere.
Windows 10 x64
Intel i5 4460
16 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB
Saitek X52

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 15:31

em3e3 wrote: Where did you find that quote by CBJ? Can't seem to find the phrase when I Google it.
Alert!!! Google is missing some Information. Please copy your HD and send it to google to fill the gaps. :D
EventHorizon wrote:Ok, how do I cancel my pre-order?

I am not going to wait for all of these extra delays, s**t happens and all that but I will just purchase it off of Steam when it has actually been released. The book would have been nice, but I can live without it.

*EDIT*

I pre-ordered from the Egosoft shop, not from elsewhere.
Hm, why is it so hard to have some patience? I canceled my pre-order for duke nukem 4 ever after 5 years. ;) :D

EventHorizon
x4

Post by EventHorizon » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 15:37

Marodeur wrote:Hm, why is it so hard to have some patience? I canceled my pre-order for duke nukem 4 ever after 5 years. ;) :D
Perhaps because money has changed hands and I won't get the product when it was originally supposed to be available. That, and the fact that I am away on business for 3 weeks on the 19th.

It was a simple request really...
Windows 10 x64
Intel i5 4460
16 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB
Saitek X52

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 15:47

EventHorizon wrote:
Marodeur wrote:Hm, why is it so hard to have some patience? I canceled my pre-order for duke nukem 4 ever after 5 years. ;) :D
Perhaps because money has changed hands and I won't get the product when it was originally supposed to be available. That, and the fact that I am away on business for 3 weeks on the 19th.

It was a simple request really...
So by the time it is release i probably will be away for 6 weeks or more.
as long as it is waiting for me at home when i get back i will be happy.

edit: typo
Last edited by xeon_1 on Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 16:43

guys, guys, we are all mature and our minds are healthy, we can surely wait.. heheheh :D

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 16:46

I think we all get a little precious about our beloved egosoft eventhorizon...

Everything you say is perceived as a personal attack. :)
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 16:54

meh!
Not bothered really, I won't be getting it until Christmas as I can't play it until then anyway.

Currently, it's only 2 weeks late.

I just cancelled an order for a camera bag from 7dayshop that I ordered (and paid for) 6 weeks ago they their website claimed were in stock. If you want excuses, theirs were:

"We don't have it yet"
and
"We don't know when it will be in stock."

At least Egosoft are telling you and keeping you updated, and it's not as though 2 weeks is a long time.....

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:11

wow... For once game.co.uk got it right (unless they were psycic and new that the X3TC manual printer was broken 2 weeks before it happened) :o

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:15

pgllrdp wrote:wow... For once game.co.uk got it right (unless they were psycic and new that the X3TC manual printer was broken 2 weeks before it happened) :o
Nah. They had a ninja break in and throw a spanner in the printer....

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:23

or the printer's A.I became self aware and started to refuse orders and decided to print the recipe for chicken soup instead.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:30

Marodeur wrote:Alert!!! Google is missing some Information. Please copy your HD and send it to google to fill the gaps. :D
:lol: It just took them an extra day to index the new thread messages, one of the quotes shows up now.

Back OT, here's a little history of what happened with another one of Koch/DeepSilver's recent releases:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
8/18/08 - goes Gold
8/22/08 - Released in Russia, with 1.01 patch
8/29/08 - original release date, reports of North America version of game printed without CD keys
9/5/08 - revised release date, excludes North America and online distributors
9/8/08 - DeepSilver announces that there was a manufacturing problem, and the game would be in NA stores on Sep. 15th
9/15/08 - released in North America, available for download from Steam
9/30/08 - Patch 1.5.05 released

Edit: added Steam date
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:47

I don't know if you guys are just being blinded by your loyalty or your not really thinking about it but you don't hold back the release of a million pound game because your machine won't print off some manuals, you get a repair man in the same night to repair the printer or you outsource the work to a printing firm to get it done for you -the deadline is all that matters nothing else and anyhow deadlines are set to incorporate these types of eventualities.

As the game has now been delayed twice due to "manufacturing problems" it's quite clear that something is seriously wrong behind the scenes, if we're lucky then it's something simple like the game had not really gone Gold and Egosoft jumped the gun and predicted it would go Gold but didn't.

If we're really unlucky then a row has broken out between Egosoft and Deepsilver over copyright and/or distribution rights and either Egosoft are refusing to let Deepsilver release it or Deepsilver are refusing to release it until the conflict is resolved in which case it could go to court and we might not see the game for many, many months and in an extreme case if the deadlock can't be broken, maybe never at all. This would also tie in with the fact that Egosoft are claiming manufacturing problems because if it is a legal problem they would not be able to say so anyway. :cry:
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 17:54

shireknight wrote:I don't know if you guys are just being blinded by your loyalty or your not really thinking about it but you don't hold back the release of a million pound game because your machine won't print off some manuals, you get a repair man in the same night to repair the printer or you outsource the work to a printing firm to get it done for you -the deadline is all that matters nothing else and anyhow deadlines are set to incorporate these types of eventualities.
Since it's not Egosoft's machine, or Deep Silver's, and it's already outsourced to another company, no.
BurnIt! wrote:
random50 wrote:So why exactly is the Steam version also delayed?

Besides which, what a ridiculous excuse! A 2 week delay because of broken machinery which is a fundamental part of their business? Deep Silver should be ashamed of themselves!
Before the DeepSilver-witch-hunt starts here as well (already had that in the German forum) actual production of game/manual/package... is handled by a different company not under direct control by our Publisher. (in fact production of DVDs and manuals does not even have to be one company either)
What happens between DeepSilver and that company is, quite literally, their business and I'm sure they'll deal with the situation accordingly.

As for our "information politics". As soon as we have verified information on any release dates or changes thereof we announce them right away. The October 17th date: "We just received confirmation this morning."

Also the goal was a simultaneous release and so the Steam version won't be unlocked before October 17th either (their usual policy is to start pre-load one week before release). Should any of that change we will of course let you know.

Please everyone refrain from making accusations against parties of the production process of whose involvement or responsibilities you know little about.

Ulfarus
x2

Post by Ulfarus » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 18:02

I had heard there are arguments ongoing for distribution in the USA, I am going to be really selfish by stating that I live in the UK and don't care.

Release it over here first, usually its the other way round and we have to put up with a longer wait than the USA.

If it is just a manual thing then there shouldn't be a problem letting the steam release out.

My worry is there is a huge game breaking problem that has come to light at the last minute.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”