NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 00:15

xeon_1 wrote:
jordan kirwan wrote:90 i think

only 9 days till release whoooo :!: :D
That's XTM
I thought i read somewhere in one of the release threads that the number would be arround 240
240?

Sigh. I'd better go look at processors.

loftypomme

Post by loftypomme » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 00:39

does anyone know when the fight trailer is coming out?

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 01:09

It'll come out when it's out.

Do you expect a serious answer? Really?

Sblade
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by Sblade » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 01:21

em3e3 wrote: There was a problem with the English version, and the publisher decided to hold off releasing the other versions until they could fix it. At the same time, Koch Media/DeepSilver are fighting with Enlight on the North American publishing rights - there was a contract in place, but now that Koch has US operations for DeepSilver, they want to keep the sales in house. Steam is/has been a separate distribution method, so they might be able to release to the NA customers.

So, my prediction, Europe will get X3:TC on October 10th, UK will get it on the 17th, and the US will see something by the end of the month.

I love mis-information, look what CBJ said:

CBJ wrote:Just to clarify something here, the game doesn't have to be translated into English. Although Egosoft is a German company, everything is done in English first or in English and German simultaneously.

TC is complete in English, stop mongreling, thanks.
Si las normas te vas a saltar, con el General te vas a encontrar :lol:

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 02:56

Sblade wrote: I love mis-information, look what CBJ said:
CBJ wrote:Just to clarify something here, the game doesn't have to be translated into English. Although Egosoft is a German company, everything is done in English first or in English and German simultaneously.
TC is complete in English, stop mongreling, thanks.
Where did you find that quote by CBJ? Can't seem to find the phrase when I Google it. And you misquoted me, I did say that it was *my* take on what the available information means. Also, just because the game doesn't need to be translated, they are still different versions, and, different release dates has happened before. Here's to hoping it doesn't.

Code: Select all

OOOOO
|OOOOO|_
|()|()| |
|()|()| |
|()|()|/
 \___/
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 03:42

It's in the original 'gone gold' thread, pg 29.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 04:06

Thanks Carlo, I stopped reading that thread. The audio, and in some cases video have to be done separately, by possibly different people. And BurnIt! didn't say which languages had gone gold, :wink:. Seriously though, I'm just speculating.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 06:40

Check the egosoft shop, what languages the game is available in? Well, in those languages the game has gone gold then.

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 06:48

I don't want to be bitchy (no i do want to be bitchy :twisted: ), when is the next blog entry coming?

Make it something big please.

EDIT:Stupid spelling correction

Erynnios

Post by Erynnios » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 09:10

Hi guys

Just saw, that you speculated about the different languages. Well I'm from Switzerland and wanted the game in english, so I wrote to egosoft asking about the different information posted on different shop sites (in german).

Well this is the answer I got (translated):

"All versions are equipped with all three languages. German, english and french. For all languages the language files are on the DVD (for the spoken parts). To choose the language one has to use a trick, there is no real option.
After installation look for the "lang.dat" file in the installation folder. To change the language, one has to open this and change the number in there to the respective country code. As an example 49 for german, 44 for english or 33 for french. Then save and restart the game. Now the game runs in the chosen language."

So all the game DVD have all three languages on them, just unlock them and are all gold.... All I can say is niccccceee :).

VisigothX
x4

Post by VisigothX » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 10:32

Our dear friends over at Steam have pushed X3:TC onto their "New Release" category but it gives no price and no option to buy the game.

I'm wondering if this might be a bit of a strong-armed move on Steam's behalf and will force Egosoft/Deepsilver to either name a price or lose the sales via Steam.

I for one will wait for a U.S. box or direct download. This might as well be phantomware if it doesn't come out over here.

So, until the above conditions are met, I'll stick with X3:R with XTM and a whole bunch of other great mods!

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 12:11

Unfortunately we have to report that the release of X3: Terran Conflict will be delayed by another week. A broken machine for the production of the game manuals forced our publisher to move the release date to October 17th, 2008.

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 12:16

You mean the manual is going to be worth a damn this time? :P

Oh well, not your fault guys....nice pics.

Hoopler John

Post by Hoopler John » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 12:19

Ahh, that sucks. Two of my favorite series have had production problems after going gold recently. At least X3:TC wasn't sent to stores without CD keys. :D

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 12:38

BurnIt! wrote:Unfortunately we have to report that the release of X3: Terran Conflict will be delayed by another week. A broken machine for the production of the game manuals forced our publisher to move the release date to October 17th, 2008.

So basically the early November... :(

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 12:38

Burnit will the manual be correct this time around have you personally checked it before giving it to publisher lol.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 13:02

silentWitness wrote:So basically the early November... :(
That would actually work quite well for me - my new annual leave year starts 01 Nov :).
VisigothX wrote:Our dear friends over at Steam have pushed X3:TC onto their "New Release" category but it gives no price and no option to buy the game.

I'm wondering if this might be a bit of a strong-armed move on Steam's behalf and will force Egosoft/Deepsilver to either name a price or lose the sales via Steam.
Not really, they do the same thing for a lot of games. What makes you think Valve care anyway?

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 13:26

silentWitness wrote:
BurnIt! wrote:Unfortunately we have to report that the release of X3: Terran Conflict will be delayed by another week. A broken machine for the production of the game manuals forced our publisher to move the release date to October 17th, 2008.

So basically the early November... :(
Er, how does mid October equate early November?

VisigothX
x4

Post by VisigothX » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 13:34

Carlo the Curious wrote: Not really, they do the same thing for a lot of games. What makes you think Valve care anyway?
I don't think they care, which is why I thought they might drop it if they can't sell it.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 13:35

Tycow wrote: Er, how does mid October equate early November?
I believe silentWitness hails from Down Under and thus may be referring to an Australian release date--or she may just be being overly pessimistic; difficult to say, really. :-)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”