Gunnery Crews FAQ <--- READ FIRST

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 09:21

Reven wrote:Sorry, that was a typo. I meant M2. An M1 only needed 50 crew in total, and it is not changing. An M2 now needs 140 crew (420 cargo space), and that will be dropping to 90 crew (270 cargo space).

[EDIT] The FAQ has been updated with a few more answers. OoS combat, and exactly what you get with AEGIS.
How do you get 90? - from the documentation (the pdf file) it says that you need 50 support crew + 10 crew per turrent. A M2 has 6 turrents, that makes 60 crew total for the turrents, which gives you 110 crew total.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 11:24

Hope it ok to post in here (FAQ)

I wish I had taken notice of this message a little earlier, I now got 123 crew on my Titan which is a few too many.... :D :D

A little query tho if I may.. - When you have your full crew compliment how do you setup the guns (since the crew is supposed to determine which guns to fire??) - Do you just stick any gun you like in whatever slot it fits, or leave all slots empty??

To that other person above who mentioned about finding crew was a pain, I found a neat and pretty fast way of getting all the crew I got...
Get yourself 2 TP class ships (just the small version) - goto home of light and put one into the trading station and the other in Terracorp headquarters and sit back in your carrier and wait looking at your sector map...
Very soon you will see transports carrying troops come into the sector, mark it and watch where it is going to, once you determine that it is going to one of the 2 stations you got your TP's in, you switch views to the trade menu on your TP and wait (If it doesn't go to one of the 2 stations just ignore it as more will be along...
After you got the crew loaded into your TP, get it to come to you and transfer them across to your Carrier then send the TP back to the station it was sitting at.. - Repeat for as many times as it take to get the number you want.
It took me about 40-50 mins (real time) to get 123 crew I got now :)
Reven wrote:An M2 now needs 140 crew (420 cargo space), and that will be dropping to 90 crew (270 cargo space).

poeta
x3tc

Post by poeta » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 11:36

DeltaWolf wrote:
How do you get 90? - from the documentation (the pdf file) it says that you need 50 support crew + 10 crew per turrent. A M2 has 6 turrents, that makes 60 crew total for the turrents, which gives you 110 crew total.

with gunner crew 3.1 the support on an M2 is reduced to 30. Reven forgot to modify that figure in the readme pdf.

That turns out to be:

- 30 support crew
- 10 crew for 6 turrets (60 crew total)

= 90 crew on a M2
X-lover.. all series

VoloVirtuale.com

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 20. Dec 04, 13:41

hpe this is now the right thread to ask this

Post by Guest » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 11:28

if you are in sector with 2 of your own m2s fully crewed and aegis equipped i take it aegis works fine while you are in sector with them . i want to use this arrangement for xi missions :) i know it dosent work oos . ive read the read me and cant seem to be able to find this information there . cheers

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Tue, 21. Dec 04, 11:44

Aro wrote:Well, looks like the only problem I had will be fixed (cargo space). Although finding crew is a pain...

Tried it out, it really is harder to take down Xenon K's and J's. I like :D
Actually...if you know where the blind spot is...and you are using a Dragon...its pretty much the same.
I have no problem geting up close and personal with a K or J... its all in the planning.
I've done it multiple times in a Dragon...and with the "crewed " turrets..its even better.
If you like...I can make a clip of it and show you. I've only done it in the XI missions...but I would assume its the same in the Xenon sectors as well.

I think this improves the game a little bit.
This and the 1.4 upgrade fit nicely.
I don't think it was right to be able to play a "hero" character....so the beefed up Khaak ships was a plus..now with the turret plug-in...I think its even better.
Of course..as I've said before..I don't see a point in going into Khaak territory. If there was shipping to disrupt as they do..sure...but little mining...no..not really worth it to me.
Cheers
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sun, 23. Jan 05, 17:24

Odd Things When Mobile Mining
Hi - because of the excellent bonus add on scripts I recently re-started.
I was down in Barren Shores in my Demeter with 2 Gunnary crew in the turret doing some mobile mining.
With turret set to gunnary crew action stations I would collect ore (silicon to be honest) but off set from where the fragments where. Without "action stations" I collected as normal.
There had been a cluster spawn and I was pushing my luck so put the guys to work whilst I collected.

Pirate Hunter
x2

Post by Pirate Hunter » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 13:21

I have noticed while I was attacking a Xenon K the energy bars for my turrets in my Dragon were not going down, but the weapons were definately doing less damage after a while, I know this because when I rotated my ship to get my other turrets firing his shields were going down quicker than before.

Is this a bug, if so is there a possible fix.

PS. It may have been the strafe menovers I was doing that caused the decrease in damage ie I was further away, but never more than 700m from the centre. But the energy bar should still go down, unless they have unlimited energy.
[ external image ][/url]
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73689 The New and Improved Ultimate Guide to Everything

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 13:46

how were you seeing the turrets (monitors, actually in turret ect) as the main guns ones you control in the front (forgot what it called) wont show the power of the turrets going down

Pirate Hunter
x2

Post by Pirate Hunter » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 15:32

I have both monitors open, one per turret. I find easier to make sure im in a good posision. Using the external view in a Dragon against a K is a bit trickey.
[ external image ][/url]
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73689 The New and Improved Ultimate Guide to Everything

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 15:38

I'm pritty sure that that not a bug with this script as it allways done that on mine.... I'll check when I get back home. As instead it should lower the bar actually in the monitor surrounding the thing (in the bottom right hand side of the monitors)

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 22:06

Hello Captains. Question: Concerning the placement of gunnery crews...could someone please post a small chart showing the number of crew/support needed for each class of ship? I am assuming the one in the readme is incorrect? If I am in error concerning this, please simply state this and I will get the numbers from the readme file provided. Carry-on... :P

Dc/Gary

nicklinn

Post by nicklinn » Thu, 20. Oct 05, 17:09

This is more of a formatting issue. The text is unreadable when using non-black based themes.

Warrior of the Universe
x3

Gunnery Crew via script

Post by Warrior of the Universe » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 13:27

Is there a script that you can add GC's to your ships? Thx.
I''ll be back

My specs: PC Van Hout!!!, Saitek Cyborg gaming keyboard and Logitech G5 Lasermouse, G25 Steering Wheel. Saltek Yoke control system, Samsung 275T TFT 27".

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 14:00

Do you mean adding ware to ship, like say with Cheat Pack? Or does that require at least one sample to specify the ware? You could probably start with that script and make a variant with GC as the predetermined ware.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 09:36

Hello, sorry to bring back this old thread, but I have installed X2 again and I have some questions regarding AEGIS/gunnery crews. I have just managed to buy a Ray, equipped it with 80 crewmembers and AEGIS.
However I am more than disappointed. It takes from 6 to 10 minutes to kill 3 M6s (Hydras)! Turrets are firing to a place where target was and not where the target will be. And even if the enemy ship stops, some of my shots simply miss! Is this becasue of the gun placements on Ray, or is this a common issue? It is also possible that after X3: R and TC I expect M2s to be powerful and to kill M6 with a few shots.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:20

Remember an M6 also takes the role of a M7 in X2.

As for AEGIS. I suggest you spawn 20 m3s with just normal turret commands and then spawn 20 with Military Personnal and AEGIS. Workout the average time it takes to efeat the spawned armada.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:31

Hmm, you are right. It seems all ships are bit stronger. An M3 also witstands several PPC hits. Will try to play more. BTW fully equipped Ray does not have any space for e-cells :-(
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:34

With X2 it is more defined around specific ships rather than just ship classes. A Pirate Bayamon if fully upgraded has the ability to defeat a lesser upgraded M3 something weak with shields like a Split Jaguar is it?

Blakrat

Aegis for idiots....

Post by Blakrat » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 15:52

Hi all - having never posted here before -(or anywhere else for that matter) I apologise in advance for my `numptyness' :)

I have just installed the Aegis update in one of my Odi's but cannot for the life of me workout..

A. Why the hell is it so expensive?

B. How the hell do you obtain crew for the guns? (I have 20 or so Stations in argon sectors and have never seen a posting for crewmembers in any of them!!!) 1 of the threads in these pages says to follow transports to a station in argon space but WHICH TRANSPORTS?!!!)

C. Do I have to invest 50 or so million in an otherwise useless equipment doc just to get a list of a few pilots (how long does it take to recruit a full compliment?!!!!!!)

I know some of these questions have been dealt with before but I love the game and would like to milk a bit more gameplay out of it. (nb: I completed the game before even hearing about the `Bonus Pack' - why wasn't it preinstalled?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”