NEWS - GOLD! X³: Terran Conflict has gone gold!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS - GOLD! X³: Terran Conflict has gone gold!

Post by CBJ » Wed, 10. Sep 08, 20:56

We can now officially confirm that X³: Terran Conflict has gone GOLD! That means that the release version of the game has been approved for production. It also means we are now finally able to confirm release dates for X³: Terran Conflict!

The English language version of X³: Terran Conflict will be available from retail outlets on October 10th, and you can pre-order from the Egosoft Online Shop NOW. X³: Terran Conflict will also be available for pre-load from Steam starting one week before release.

Now, if you'll excuse us, we have some celebrating to do...

System Requirements

Minimum Requirements
  • Microsoft ® Windows ® XP (SP-2), Vista SP1™
  • Pentium® IV or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.1 support
  • Soundcard (Surround Sound support recommended)
  • 10 GB free hard disk space
  • DVD-ROM Drive
  • Mouse and Keyboard or Joystick (optional support for force-feedback) or Gamepad
Recommended Configuration
  • Microsoft ® Windows ® XP (SP-2), Vista SP1™
  • Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz
  • 3 GB RAM
  • 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 3.0 support
  • Soundcard (Surround Sound support recommended)
  • 10 GB free hard disk space
  • DVD-ROM Drive
  • Mouse and Keyboard or Joystick (optional support for force-feedback) or Gamepad
Last edited by CBJ on Wed, 24. Sep 08, 18:26, edited 5 times in total.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:07

w00t!
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:10

w00t indeed ..... now the problem is knowing what date we tell everyone to leave us alone for a few months :P

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:10

YaY !
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:12

AWESOME!!!

I get made redundant on the 1st Oct!!!

Plenty of X3TC Time!!!

Off to pre-order now...

EDIT- If we pre=-order it now, will it be delivered in the UK on release day?

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:17

Have a fun night!
TerrorTrooper wrote:EDIT- If we pre=-order it now, will it be delivered in the UK on release day?
That depends partly on the vagaries of the postal system, as for any mail order. My previous experience has been that it arrived (from Germany) a day or two after the official release date.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

vtecem
x4

Post by vtecem » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:36

Hell Yeah!!! Grats!!!! Meso happy!

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:37

Good to hear, congratulations guys. :)

I can start ticking days off the calendar now I know when to actually expect it! :D

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:46

Thats great! Have a mug of Space Fuel on me. :D
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:58

Hmm, I just preordered from Egosoft, too. Being on the far side of the pond, in an unknown sector west of the sector known as 'Canada', I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks after release to get here. Unfortunately for me, that also coincides with the start of hockey season and my league games. What's a moderating, joystick-wielding pucker to do? Play hockey, play X3TC, or moderate this blankety-blank forum? All three!? No sleep, I guess. :mrgreen:

Oh, yeah, HOORAY!!!! :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 00:58

Fantastic!!!!

I wasn't actually intending to pre order, but since it's available from ego, I'm gonna have to now :)

I like the comment in X-News about "if all goes to plan" it'll be available on 3rd October ;)

Hey - not a complaint it just amused me. I usually add something along the lines of, "If world war 3 breaks out, this may not be my highest priority!" when making such predictions.

I am probably going to get shot for this comment, but I don't actually want it yet. Recently started X3 again, and am trying to get to high enough fight rank to cap a Xenon K, but if X3:TC comes out before I get there, I can't see me carrying on with that...

It's all good :D

Tim

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:00

Congrats on the gold. Now will there be game stopping bugs like their was in x3? Will the manual have features in their that arnt in the game itself?

Will there be a playable demo for those that wana see for themselves what is in x3 TC that is worth buying (no benchmark things)

These are some of the questions that are important to me.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

hundimre

Post by hundimre » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:00

I would need a time travel, next ! I wait for the postman now already.
8)

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:19

The postal time is a little iffy...

Yet again if we preorder from egosoft most of the money go to them right?

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:20

hundimre wrote:I would need a time travel, next ! I wait for the postman now already.
8)
waiting for tomorrow to go to the bank
waiting for oct. 3 for X3: TC to arrive
waiting for oct 3 18:05 to arrive from the capital to my sweet home (in front of the PC)
and waiting for every weekend to P L A Y !!!! :D

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:21

Skeeter wrote:Congrats on the gold. Now will there be game stopping bugs like their was in x3? Will the manual have features in their that arnt in the game itself?
I doubt you'll get an answer on that. They will have got it to the best state they can within the timescales available. If that turns out to have been too tight to have got it "proper" then the same obligations to release it will prevent them from saying "Yes, it's full of bugs". Hopefully it'll be spot on :D
Skeeter wrote:Will there be a playable demo for those that wana see for themselves what is in x3 TC that is worth buying (no benchmark things)
I understand that ego's priorities put the dowloadable demo after release "chasing". Which I personally agree with. Let those who want the game buy it first. Then worry about those who are unsure...

Tim

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:28

Sweet! I think I'll go the Steam download route, just to have the game sooner. Unless it becomes available on Amazon stateside...
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:30

Actually - that's a good point raised by Dragoongfa. I want to buy it in the way that gives most cash to Ego. Superficially it would seem that that should be to order from them. Is that correct?

It may be that the distributors can dispatch or press cheaper (due to bulk) so they can actually sell at the same price but make a higher cut, and therefore pay Ego more than they make per direct sale.

I doubt anyone who actually knows can answer, but anyone (preferably of greater mind or better experience than me ;) ) care to speculate?

Tim

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:32

Egosofts shop is usually far more expensive than anywhere else so yeah there selling games over the odds and they get more money.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 01:49

Congratulations Egosoft! Take a week or two off and fix your brains. 8)

And thank jeebus for Steam release. I mean seriously, I've got too many damn DVDs lying around.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”