[Script] Report Enemy Action v1.12 25-Jul-08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eladan
x4

[Script] Report Enemy Action v1.12 25-Jul-08

Post by eladan » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 04:07

Report Enemy Action

Version 1.12 - Download here - courtesy of Xai Corp.

This script generates BBS messages which give a threat assessment report on surrounding sectors owned by the same race.

From the readme:
Readme wrote:Report Enemy Action v1.12 by eladan
----------------------------------

This package installs a new BBS message, which will provide a summary of any current threats detected in nearby sectors owned by the same race. Threats are considered to consist of any ships owned by Xenon, Khaak, or Pirates. Threat assessment is somewhat arbritrary, and comes in five flavours, extreme, high, medium, low, and minimal.

Changelog
---------

v1.12 - Fixed a minor bug introduced in 1.11 where messages would be displayed if there was non-zero threat below minimal

v1.11 - Minor change to threat assessment. First public release.

v1.10 - Changed detection to scan by ship class (was picking up hidden smugglers - oops)
- Threat assessment more detailed using threat index by class
- increased no of threat flavours, adding extreme and minimal on each end
- Changed scan range to be max gate dist from sector center +50km
- Stopped message appearing on non-race stations in sector (mainly to stop pirate BBS showing it.) Exception: goner

v1.00 - Initial release.
Last edited by eladan on Fri, 25. Jul 08, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 13:14

On the first glance, the script works rather well, and it is fully compatible with XTM, as far as I can see.

The chance of seeing one is not too great, so do not expect to be swarmed by these things.

One issue I have noticed though - If no enemies are found in nearby sectors, the script still displays the BBS message, but without any sector - threat levels. It does look quite odd that a warning is announced saying to watch out from these sectors :
and a blank follows..

It just looks weird, perhaps there is a way to put something in there, like "Threat level - none", or "All sectors are safe", or something like that..

Other than that, I have not seen any problems with this script, so thumbs up!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 14:30

X2-Eliah wrote:On the first glance, the script works rather well, and it is fully compatible with XTM, as far as I can see.
Yep, it should be compatible with any other script or mod. There aren't any resources used. I think it would be most useful with a busy mod like XTM actually! :)
The chance of seeing one is not too great, so do not expect to be swarmed by these things.
The frequency can quite easily be increased or decreased - if anyone thinks a change is required, I'd be happy to hear.
One issue I have noticed though - If no enemies are found in nearby sectors, the script still displays the BBS message, but without any sector
Thanks for that - I had thought that I had made the message not appear if there was nothing to show... I'd better double check that.

:EDIT: found the bug. Untested, but I'm pretty sure it's the one you were seeing.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”