TUTORIALS and RESOURCES + Activating the Script Editor/Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 13:55

Is there a decent guide on how to setup hotkeys ?

I cant seem to find one. Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 28. Mar 08, 19:52

apricotslice wrote:Is there a decent guide on how to setup hotkeys ?

I cant seem to find one. Thanks.
http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/scripts/h ... index.html

Alexal
x3tc

Post by Alexal » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 08:09

Is there any guide on how to translate scripts?

Starcub
x4

Post by Starcub » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 00:57

Could you please expand upon the following line in the intructions for activating the script editor:

"enter the menu to change your pilot's name".

I had to read through several pages of postings before I found out exactly what menu I had to go to to change the pilot name, and how to get there, and under what conditions it would work.

Thanks.

Menzoberranzan
x4

Post by Menzoberranzan » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 09:36

Is there anyway that we could get an updated list of tutorials and resources? I'm looking for information on doing ship modifications and I keep running into dead links. The last update of the original post was almost 3 years ago. :)

Specifically, I want to know how to move turrets and add turrets/guns to existing ships to create a new variant.

As a Starfleet Battles gamer, I see a few holes in the vanilla X3 game that I thought I could fill for myself.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 12:10

Menzoberranzan wrote:Is there anyway that we could get an updated list of tutorials and resources? I'm looking for information on doing ship modifications and I keep running into dead links. The last update of the original post was almost 3 years ago. :)
Actually, that's only the last date that the original author changed the post. It doesn't record when someone else (moderators) edit that post. It definitely has been changed more recently than three years ago. :)

What links are you having trouble with? The ones I've tried which seem relevant all work for me.

Menzoberranzan
x4

Post by Menzoberranzan » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 13:33

eladan wrote:
Menzoberranzan wrote:Is there anyway that we could get an updated list of tutorials and resources? I'm looking for information on doing ship modifications and I keep running into dead links. The last update of the original post was almost 3 years ago. :)
Actually, that's only the last date that the original author changed the post. It doesn't record when someone else (moderators) edit that post. It definitely has been changed more recently than three years ago. :)

What links are you having trouble with? The ones I've tried which seem relevant all work for me.
Good to know that the moderators are updating it. :) I found X2 on Gametap and enjoyed it so much that I bought X2 and X3:Reunion, in the last couple weeks. So I'm a big noob at all of this.

Northstar's PDF Modding guide for beginners, for example, links to the thread talking about this guide, but the link in the thread goes to nothing.

Spitfire396
x3tc

Post by Spitfire396 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 21:18

I see that there is a lot of help for the galaxy editor, but i have a laptop without the numpad-enter! :shock:

kuruptx3
x3tc

Post by kuruptx3 » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 01:42

need a full explaination of doing custom textures in gmax and getting them ingame i havve done the dds files and put them in the dds folder in the cat and dat files but they do not show up on the model ingame or in model viewer were am i going wrong

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 08:50

I still don’t understand how I activate the ingame script editor so I can run user scripts. Everywhere I look everyone say go to "change name menu" and change your player name to "Thereshallbewings", but no one say how. This is begining to be frustrating. Where can I find this menu and what must I do to change the player name? Is it a hotkey, must I pray to god or must I buy a code? :)

Thanks for help

Tore

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 09:08

Go to Personal -> Pilot -> Rename

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 04:23

Thanks for your fast response eladan

I managed to to it in a station now :)
I hope I can manage do it in space to :)

One other quesion:
Im gona start a new game with some scripts and mods. When do I need to enable the script editor and where shall I do it?

Is it just to start a new game, waiting for the first movie with Ban Danna to finish, and in space enable the script and go to a station to save. Then load the game and everything should work?

Tore

gigabyteMKP
x3tc

Post by gigabyteMKP » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:50

Hi Guys, I hate to ask what may seem like a stupid question but, I am stumped... I am unable to get access to the Script Editor so I need some help??? I have search the topic, and I have tried "Thereshallrewings" (and verified numerous times) as a pilot name, but the name always changes and no script editor? I have tried the trouble shooting tips below and still no joy?

I seen in another form that I should enter the cheat code when in space so I tried that too, still no go? I have also tried switching to controls mapping to Classic, from default - just in case that was a problem... still no joy.

I am rumming X3 Reunion patched to 2.5, with the Bonus Package 3.1.07 installed?

The instructions below are what I have been following and I get no where :( :evil:

enter the menu to change your pilot's name
type Thereshallbewings (note the capital T) and press enter
the menu will close, your player name will NOT have been changed, and a confirmation beep will sound on correct activation
you will now find the "Script Editor" menu item in the command console

-----
Troubleshooting if you can't open the SE
1. Have you changed your pilotname, not your ship name
2. Make sure you are not docked
3. have you used a capital T
-----

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Mike "Ears HopiN" P.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 13:04

The usual problem is that people miss the second l, because the game does not accept the same letter without a big pause first.

So check your spelling.

When you get it right, the game pauses, and the pilot name returns to what it was.

Then its ship commands, s.

Btw, theres a spelling error in what you quoted. :)

Rdf
x4

Post by Rdf » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 15:48

gigabyteMKP wrote:Hi Guys, I hate to ask what may seem like a stupid question but, I am stumped... I am unable to get access to the Script Editor so I need some help??? I have search the topic, and I have tried "Thereshallrewings" (and verified numerous times) as a pilot name
"Thereshallrewings" or "Thereshallbewings"?

gigabyteMKP
x3tc

Post by gigabyteMKP » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 16:55

Thanks so much you were right on the money, it was the pause... and the typo was just in the post I did check my spelling (and typoering...lol) when I was entering the code in game.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 01:52

The pause gets everyone, because no-one stops to check if what they typed actually made it in, before hitting enter.

I guess its only those of us who are lousy typists who check what we typed before we enter it. :)

oldmartian
x3tc

Activating scripts

Post by oldmartian » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 14:34

I have changed the name of the pilot to Thereshallbewings, not JulianThereshallbewings, and I am not able to active the scripts, Cycrows script installer says that I have scripts installed but I am not able to find them , what am I doing wrong
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t...What a Ride!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 22:20

If you do rename correctly, your pilot-name will not change.

*** Merged ***

oldmartian
x3tc

Post by oldmartian » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 14:32

In the end it matters that the name be JulianThereshallbewings, second then only some of LV's scripts showed up, so I reinstalled the game in another partition and it worked fine but al the saved games were corruot, the new game wouldn't use them, but I finished the game in 2 days, that was staying up about 18 hours a day, thank goodness my wife understands
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t...What a Ride!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”