NEWS: Screenshots from X³: Terran Conflict - updated 20/7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 00:07

Well this is my new desktop: [ external image ]
Nice to see some previews. This one reminds me of the PHQ. Some of those ships are similar to the Xtended mod ships, but they are just a natural progression of what X3 already had. The Paranid (or any race) follow on ships should look familiar.
2 months? Is that all? I was hoping to get one more game finished before X3TC, don't know if there's time. :wink:
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 00:48

Don't be pissy.
Nice to see some previews. This one reminds me of the PHQ. Some of those ships are similar to the Xtended mod ships, but they are just a natural progression of what X3 already had. The Paranid (or any race) follow on ships should look familiar.
The Deimos, Centaur Mk 3, and Cerberus are dead on - they're the same ships. I think that's good personally, no reason to duplicate effort. :)

Though I do wish they used X3-style articulated turrets rather than the XTM 'stick straight out' turrets. Ah well.

Cablefish
x4

Post by Cablefish » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 01:48

Sorry for the speculations but here goes:

I would like to think that "culmination" means setting the scene for an upcoming MMO. This is also consistent with the idea of the game including more missions than any other X-game and the largest universe. An MMO would have to be set in a big static universe with lots of smaller tensions and things for players to do.

Blizzards Warcraft 3 was also in a way just paving the way for WOW like this game just might be paving the way for the greatest space MMO yet. The X-Universe.

Anyways.. I know what they couldn't divulge such information yet but it never hurts to think ahead.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 01:51

About time. I was skin and bones. Now that Ego has fed me this, I have meat on my bones again. Thanks for the feeder. I wonder if those new stations are terran or everyone elses :D

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 02:52

Yay, it's no longer easter! Some nice pics :)

*mumbles to self* Hope I can get it done in time...

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 03:01

Incubi wrote:About time. I was skin and bones. Now that Ego has fed me this, I have meat on my bones again. Thanks for the feeder. I wonder if those new stations are terran or everyone elses :D
I would guess Terran, if I had to; but I can't wait for that station to be mine. 8)
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Nonpluszultra
xr

Post by Nonpluszultra » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 08:21

Don't like the new stations, because they do not look like space stations at all. Instead, dhey look like some space-castles from a weird space-opera with the feeling of crusading space-knights and the stuff like that.

Howewer i like gothic cathedrals floating in deepspace but not in this game.
The X-series is an oldschool sci-fi game, hope it remains so.
Good choice to include the XTM stuff. I am wodering if it would be an X-tended mod for TC. Funny.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 09:51

well great news indeed Egosoft.Can't wait to play it.I only hope that you won't mess up everithing like you did with X3 Reunion.{dont like the ideea to install a patch every week}
:evil:

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 10:59

Graphics could be better in some places. I like the first screenie i.e saturn pic with the rings. Apart from that useless to me the screenies i wana see the ui to see if its gone back to x2 style more as that was perfect imo and want them back as well as cockpits. I especially will only consider buying x3 TC if i know the amount of missions in bb is on offer and its a good variety. As thats all i wana do in a x game if i get one i wont touch economy part anymore as did all that in x2 and aint starting over ever again. Hope the storys good with character interactions with choices like in x2. As i like playing storys in games.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

nataq

Post by nataq » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 11:57

i find only 2 bad things in X3 graphics, lack of HDR and poor ship explosions, those just sux hard... they look like they was copied from old x-wing lucasarts games, i hope they will get better in terran conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx36pS7exzI <--- this game is rly ****** compared to x3, but thats how i would like to see capital ships and stations in X to explode.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:06

Do we really care about graphics? Would we not rather see improved gameplay, UI, content, etc? But a screenshot cannot show those, it can only show the graphical effects. And unfortunately screenshots do sell games, even unplayable games. :(

But since we do see some new shiny things, we do know that all development resources have not been used in the improvement of gameplay. So more (fancy graphics) actually means less. Sad, but Egosoft cannot be blamed for that.

EKS
x3tc

Post by EKS » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:16

Is there any site or forum post where information on whats new in this game is gathered (new as in new compared to X3 ) ?

nataq

Post by nataq » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:36

jlehtone wrote:Do we really care about graphics? .
i always tought that "eye candy" effect of X3 was one of the major aspects of that game.

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 17:47

NEWS!!! NEW SCREENIES!!!

*runs around room like an excited 6 year old*

Cant wait! Although it aint actually 'news' of sorts, i've heard whats been posted before, but the screenies look cool 8)

Can get the new game in time for me birthday now :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 18:30

All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 19:08

Nanook wrote:All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Well no to anger any americans here but that kinda makes me happy.
We here in europe usually have to wait a couple of months for a game to come out if it ever comes out.
Besides this game is developed by an european developer so it should first come out here and not in the gets everything first states.

Sorry rant over

http://www.egosoft.com/news/images/news ... 04_002.jpg This reminds me of the OTAS ships form ... e otas hq?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 19:19

xeon_1 wrote:
Nanook wrote:All this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed there's still no official word on a North American publisher. :(
Well no to anger any americans here but that kinda makes me happy.
We here in europe usually have to wait a couple of months for a game to come out if it ever comes out.
Besides this game is developed by an european developer so it should first come out here and not in the gets everything first states.

Sorry rant over....
X2 came out first in Australia, then North America, then Europe. The European version had the benefit of having most of the bugs fixed due to us 'beta testers'. X3 came out first in Europe, and everyone whined because of all the bugs. :roll:

Whatever, that's not my point. My point isn't when it's coming out in each location. My point is that it hasn't even been announced as coming out at all in North America. Good grief, understand what a post says before going off on some pointless rant. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 19:30

As for Those 2 Ships I dare say they look very "human" so I'd say Terran :)

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3_tc/scre ... en_009.jpg
http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3_tc/scre ... en_006.jpg
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Ormson
x3tc

Post by Ormson » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 21:00

If Terran Conflict does not come out in North America, can the Euro version be used instead? I would pay to have it shipped across the Atlantic; I love the X series that much, :D .

Ormson

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Tue, 8. Jul 08, 21:19

I'm sure the online shops (Amazon etc) will be stocking it - but without a stateside distributor it will be the people who prefer to buy in shops (and the shops themselves) who lose out.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”