Xenon Astronaut?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tiit_Helimut
x3

Xenon Astronaut?

Post by Tiit_Helimut » Mon, 5. May 08, 22:06

So I was flying through Xenon Sector 101, killing stuff (you can probably tell what ship I was using from the screenies). Anyway I was shooting away at a Xenon L, and it turned blue (nothing strange there). Since it was on such low hull strength, I couldn't be bothered to capture, so I destroyed it anyway. Lo and behold an astronaut came out as it was destroyed which I thought was odd since 1) the ship had already gone blue and 2) it was a xenon ship!

Anyway here's some links to the screenies I took of the astronaut, aka "no pilot":

Astronaut1

Astronaut2

Probably a glitch or an easter egg? Sorry if someone else has already posted something like this, just thought it was interesting.
-----------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary form, and those who don't.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 5. May 08, 22:44

Bizarre! No scripts or mods?

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Mon, 5. May 08, 23:41

Last nite I saw a Khaak fighter flying in a Xenon sector piloted by a Goner.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Tiit_Helimut
x3

Post by Tiit_Helimut » Mon, 5. May 08, 23:56

No mods whatsoever. I prefer vanilla... :gruebel:
Not sure whether to believe that lol...
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary form, and those who don't.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 6. May 08, 01:22

I've seen this on occasion with Kha'ak as well as Xenon. If you get one of their ships to turn blue, and then later on you do additional damage to the ship, sometimes a space suit will pop out.

Definitely odd :)

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Tue, 6. May 08, 02:38

Painman wrote:I've seen this on occasion with Kha'ak as well as Xenon. If you get one of their ships to turn blue, and then later on you do additional damage to the ship, sometimes a space suit will pop out.

Definitely odd :)
Hmmm well the xenon are sentient computer lifeforms rite? So if it cannot live on inside your ship after surrendering, it must realise that a human space suit is the best desguise to use for escape? Perhaps it even has a synthetic human body in there as well so it can easily commute its way back to xenon space?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Tue, 6. May 08, 04:53

Weird. My guess would be that the game forgot the ship was originally Xenon-controlled when it turned blue, and did a standard bail check when you started shooting at it again, as if it were any (piloted) neutral ship.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Tue, 6. May 08, 05:19

So I was flying through Xenon Sector 101, killing stuff (you can probably tell what ship I was using from the screenies). Anyway I was shooting away at a Xenon L, and it turned blue (nothing strange there). Since it was on such low hull strength, I couldn't be bothered to capture, so I destroyed it anyway. Lo and behold an astronaut came out as it was destroyed which I thought was odd since 1) the ship had already gone blue and 2) it was a xenon ship!
:o Why didn't you capture it.
A Xenon cyborg would of attracted a bit of interest at the local slave market :twisted:
Then again bringing a cyborg aboard your ship could be a little dangerous specially if he's got an inbuilt self distruct fitted in the event of capture :roll:

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Tue, 6. May 08, 06:54

Spaceweed Adict wrote:Then again bringing a cyborg aboard your ship could be a little dangerous specially if he's got an inbuilt self distruct fitted in the event of capture :roll:
Ah, well if it was willing to commit suicide, it would not have surrendered in the first place!
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 7. May 08, 15:04

Tiit_Helimut wrote:
Not sure whether to believe that lol...
I have the screenshot. :) I used XTM and maybe that stuff happens but it was new to me. Your encounter was stranger though.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Wed, 7. May 08, 15:19

happens sometimes, even in vanilla :)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 7. May 08, 16:39

Clusters (and pirates, and Yaki) show up everywhere, but piloted by a Goner? :?

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Wed, 7. May 08, 20:27

Xenon in space suits?! The Xenon are becoming like cylons, soon they will destroy the Argon colonies and.. well you know the rest. :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. May 08, 20:34

Carlo the Curious wrote:Clusters (and pirates, and Yaki) show up everywhere, but piloted by a Goner? :?
In XTended mod, yes. Goners aren't pacificists in XTM, so it wouldn't surprise me. He was probably out test flying the thing. And probably had a huge instrument package transmitting data back to the local Goner temple.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Wed, 7. May 08, 21:00

Predator02 wrote:Xenon in space suits?! The Xenon are becoming like cylons, soon they will destroy the Argon colonies and.. well you know the rest. :D
...The LX is going to be the new Number Six? ;)

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 7. May 08, 23:23

Here's that screenshot. I think this was in Sector 547.? :gruebel:
I saw the guys name and first thought it said Frank Sinatra. :rofl:

[ external image ]

Operating System:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. May 08, 23:26

Yup, definitely an XTM thing. I've seen it a number of times in my various XTM starts.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 8. May 08, 00:46

Yeah... I've got that, I think. It flies around like the UFO.

Tiit_Helimut
x3

Post by Tiit_Helimut » Thu, 8. May 08, 00:51

Sorry for misbelieving you! I must try out XTM when I try another start. Maybe it's a conspiracy - the Khaak are controlled by the Goner and are planning an invasion of the rest of the X-universe... :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”