[Ships] The X-Fleet ships are ready for Download! Based on current US Navy

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

grev77
x2

[Ships] The X-Fleet ships are ready for Download! Based on current US Navy

Post by grev77 » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 07:03

X-Fleet
by Grev77

After many months and a couple thousand hours, the X-Fleet mod is finally ready for download. For those who do not know, X-Fleet is not realy a mod, but a series of ships that are designed to work as a fleet using current Navy warfare tactics.
Each ship is packaged as a .XSP, and can be downloaded individually. Therefore they should work with most mods and scripts. In fact I would highly recomend that these ships are to be used with the XTM mod at a minimum.
At this time there are 6 ships availiable but keep checking my site, because there will be more uploaded as time goes by.
I sincerly hope you enjoy them, and I would like to thank you all ahead of time for your intrest. Once you try them out, let me know what you think.
The ships are downloaded from the X-Universe web site so you might be required to log in.

Link to the X-Fleet website:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Link to the Downloads:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7225

[ external image ]
Last edited by grev77 on Wed, 23. Apr 08, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

MadArkael
x4

Post by MadArkael » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 08:56

Thats a flippin' awesome screenshot. Love the Ships. Beautiful

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 09:28

Nice job on the ships. Gonna play with a few of them in my XTM universe.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 09:36

Now that's some funny stuff!

Arrr matey!

Still waiting for the day when I can fly a stratocaster. =)

grev77
x2

Post by grev77 » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 23:17

The Battleship will be a little delayed. I'm trying to sort out a few issues. It shouldn't take to long.

-Grev

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 08:14

This is just wow, normally i shun things based on real atmo based aircraft/ships but the way you put the angles on them and the textures it's more like you built them for space with a likeness of the real vessels/aircraft rather than just saying ok here is a U.S Navy carrier enjoy.
Very impressed with the level of detail on the fighters, job well done!

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 01:44

Admiral-Dyroi wrote:This is just wow, normally i shun things based on real atmo based aircraft/ships but the way you put the angles on them and the textures it's more like you built them for space with a likeness of the real vessels/aircraft rather than just saying ok here is a U.S Navy carrier enjoy.
Very impressed with the level of detail on the fighters, job well done!

Thats basicially the idea of the mod, take ships (and other vechicles as we can) and think "what would this be like if it was ment for space" and then work out our ideas...

Stay tuned for some teaser shots, we already have a review up too! Go here to read it!
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 04:29

It's all very, very impressive, from the "landing ball" to the turret control rooms, and especially, the hangar bay. Just an incredible piece of work.

blanchardg
x3

Post by blanchardg » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 05:03

I used cycrows installer and I dont know how else to get the ships into the game. Can someone help me a little? PLEASE dont tell me that you have to start a new game to see/use those ships. Im way stoked to use em and I cant figure it out!!! :evil:

Im running X3 v2.5 + XTM (latest version) + cycrows scripts

Xplodzion

Post by Xplodzion » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 05:07

Great work! :D

However, you do have to register at that site, can you provide a mirror that doesn't require registration please? Nothing personal but I'm sick of being forced to register at places just to download something. -_-

grev77
x2

Post by grev77 » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 08:51

blanchardg wrote:I used cycrows installer and I dont know how else to get the ships into the game. Can someone help me a little? PLEASE dont tell me that you have to start a new game to see/use those ships. Im way stoked to use em and I cant figure it out!!! :evil:

Im running X3 v2.5 + XTM (latest version) + cycrows scripts
As far as I can tell, there should be no reason that you can't use the ships. I used Cycrow's software to package them, and they are all compatible with X3 2.5 and XTM. Since they are in .xsp format, you do not have to start a new game. All of the ships can be purchased from any argon shipyard so check there. Also you can use any cheat script to add them to your fleet.

-Grev
Last edited by grev77 on Sun, 13. Apr 08, 09:04, edited 2 times in total.

grev77
x2

Post by grev77 » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 08:51

Xplodzion wrote:Great work! :D

However, you do have to register at that site, can you provide a mirror that doesn't require registration please? Nothing personal but I'm sick of being forced to register at places just to download something. -_-
I understand that it can be annoying to have to log in at every site on the web now a days. However, I will ask the site moderators for permission if I can add a direct download link via this site. After all, I am using their FTP server to host my ships.
If I can't get permission, then you will have to log in. I will say though, my X-Fleet site is hosted by the same site that hosts the XTM mod. So if you are going to play X3 for a long period of time, then it might be a good idea to, at least, get access to their site for updates and info. The registration is for both the XTM forums and mine as well.

-Grev

blanchardg
x3

Post by blanchardg » Sun, 13. Apr 08, 16:41

Well, I still cant seem to get them to show :cry: Im going to try a few things, maybe uninstall then reinstall?

*Updated: about four minutes later*
:lol: I must have installed them while the game was running originaly :oops:
Needless to say they work now and I LOVE them, thank you so much, you really hit the nail on the head for what I was looking for in ships!!

colmcorbec
x3

Post by colmcorbec » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 00:41

hi grev77 im gnnoa ask a question if you have an answer or just wish to talk to me :P lol any way there was a film released in 1996 called star command staring jay underwood (in the fold) <name release in U.S it has not been released on dvd yet but it may have been released on vhs that has a few nice ships that you could try to script in not bad for the budget they had :)

bp2019

Post by bp2019 » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 10:50

WHAT? no cars? no wright brothers plane? D:

Any chance of a scooter?

Hehe love the ships. 8)

EDIT: they modified the eject system right? I mean, ejecting directly into space without a helmet on might be a bit messy.

superbun
x3tc

Post by superbun » Thu, 10. Jul 08, 17:55

Help me! I downloaded your ships, i like them! I have one problem, for the yorktown, it wont acept any normal sheilds, in the max sheild bit on deatails, it says read text (cant remember number), it also says this for 2 items ont he misile list, do I need to dowload EMP to make this work ?
Last transmission of split military python AE-316:
"Split say...ARRRGG!"
-------------------------------------------------------
X3:TC Soundtracks Tutoral

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 20:03

Awasone!!, but, any plan to create "russians ships" that can be buyed in Split shipyards?

JermstheBohemian

Post by JermstheBohemian » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 07:13

love how the turrets work, even better with my moded PPC

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 17:27

Now why does it have to be the US Navy :P

Ezequeel

Post by Ezequeel » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 18:48

its been awhile since i came to the forums and by far this is the best i've seen... great work...

but yea agreeing with the other guy comment in a way - if your going to work on it more if possible. use the other races for other countries aircraft - navy ships etc.

Given the idea all navy ships do look alike, but alot of aircraft have alot of types, so it probably wont be to hard.

so the work on navy ships wont be that hard. but yea easier said then done

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”