No updates, just re-uploaded for those looking to download it...but there may be updates in the future.
Posting by Anonymous Argon
Downloads"You know, it almost makes you feel sad for them. Between the Terrans, Xenon, and new ships by Otas corporation and others the Kha'ak are just not much of a threat. True, some of their ships can be a bit of a pest, but their sparseness and predictability make them a minor threat at most."
"It makes me wonder though, what will be their response to our rapid technological jumps? Will they be a threat again?"
ZIP (Includes SPK): http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4264 ... 49b5870170
- Swarming Behavior - Kha'ak ships now prefer to target the same things as their neighbors. This leads to massive focus fire like is often used by players to reduce enemy numbers quickly.
- Swarm Communication - As a swarm of Kha'ak grows in a sector they will begin to call in Kha'ak from nearby sectors. The bigger the swarm, the further the call travels.
- Swarm Targeting - The swarm will intelligently choose targets depending on the makeup of the swarm. If there are no Kha'ak capital ships present the swarm will focus on taking out smaller ships to do the maximum amount of damage possible. If there are Kha'ak capital ships then they will focus on capital ships first. Once all the ships are gone the Kha'ak will move on to the stations in the sector.
- Gateless Jumpdrives - As we all know from the plot, the Kha'ak have gateless jumpdrive technology. Now they will use it to not only jump in and increase the swarm size, but also to jump into range of their target when it is far away. However, their gateless jumpdrive technology is dependent upon the unique crystalline structure of their vessels, just a tiny amount of hull damage (~2%) has been shown to disable their jumpdrives.
Options: There are a variety of options that you can use to customize Kha'ak p2p jumping to suite your playing style and needs. This includes changing the minimum distance that can be jumped and which types of ships can jump.
- Optional: Sector Takeover - If the Kha'ak successfully clear a sector of all enemy ships and stations they will begin building their own station in the sector. The Kha'ak will slowly donate their ships to the station construction effort amassing a large amount of Nvidium, Silicon Wafers and Quantum Tubes. Once enough materials are available they will become the station. Stealing of these materials by friends or enemies will be harshly dealt with! Sector takeover will prevent the sector from being jumped into directly (You may still use connected gates) or viewed unless you have Kha'ak sector coordinates. They will also begin receiving defense forces like normal Kha'ak sectors. If the station is destroyed the sector will revert back to the original owners. While they are shielded, new Kha'ak stations take time to reach full shield strength so they are extremely vulnerable after first being built.
- Optional: Revenge - There is a small chance that when a sector is cleared of Kha'ak that an assault force will be sent from a Kha'ak home sector.
- Optional: Automatic Upgrades - While in combat Kha'ak ships slowly tune themselves to be faster and more maneuverable up to a 50% overtuning. While dangerous for those being attacked, these highly tuned ships are quite an asset to collectors and cappers alike.
- Optional: Missile Resupply - The Kha'ak home sectors will slowly transport missiles directly to swarm participants during battle. This will also increase the probability of Kha'ak using missiles during combat.
- Optional: Suicidal Scouts - The tiny scout ships have refined their capabilities at annoyance and have been seen to seek out and self-destruct against enemies dealing heavy damage to a small area. Furthermore, they have been known to explode into small missiles to clean out heavy concentrations of light units. It seems that the Kha'ak are making it so no part of the swarm can be ignored without the potential for big problems.
- Difficulty Settings - There are four difficulty settings that can now be used:
--Easy: Small swarms, slow overmind, still a threat
--Normal: Tuned to be a threat to the universe with RRF. Not as bad as 0.7.1 though
--Hard: The closest setting to 0.7.1, but with half the maximum swarm size
--Insane: Practically guaranteed to take over the universe. Giant swarms, fast overmind, and capabilities beyond 0.7.1.
- Point to Point Jump Options - The point to point(p2p) jumping of the Kha'ak while in-sector can be adjusted. While the minimum jump range defaults to 10k you can also choose 40k, 80k, or entirely disabled. While it may seem to be a good idea to use a higher jump range, the Kha'ak like to jump and it just means they will find a target further away and jump to it instead of something close.
- BBS Notifications - By popular demand GalNet has began providing public notices of Kha'ak swarm activity around the universe. These notices can be found on the BBS of any station and will strive to give you the most important details about the engagement happening in the sector. Please be aware that the notices from pirate sectors are provided by rumor and may be inaccurate.
- Extra Kha'ak - Depending on difficulty level the script will now generate and activate extra clusters around the universe randomly. Only normal vanilla clusters are used and no capital ships will be spawned by this script. Any capital ships were spawned by the game.
- Optional: Kha'ak Invader Mode - Need a hand with the Kha'ak Invader start? In this mode you become the favored creation of the overmind. The overmind will create a starting swarm to help take your first sector and will then instigate swarming in the sectors you visit. By taking sectors you will be awarded with Salvage Insurance and more ships. Can you take out the whole universe? Great fun against RRF and Improved Xenon. Invasions will not be started by the player if the sector belongs to a race marked as friend, but if other Kha'ak stumble upon the sector an invasion could very well begin.
- Optional: Carrier Production - While the effects of 50 fighters launching from a heavily armed Xenon carrier are huge and debilitating, the Kha'ak carriers is a bit...lacking. With this option enabled carriers will produce ships as the overmind manages the battle. While usually just scouts there are diminishing chances of interceptors and fighters being produced as well. The carrier will no longer be the minor threat to leave for later!
A Warning From The Author
This set of scripts make the Kha'ak a force to be reckoned with again. If you are using RRF please do not use anything above 'Balanced' or the extra Kha'ak it adds will probably take over your universe. This script has been tested with XTM and the southeastern corner of the universe is a very dangerous place due to the connected Kha'ak sector near Kao's Mistake. Usually Kao's Mistake is taken over within the first few hours of the game if RRF is enabled, much less otherwise. This slowly spreads from there making it a very dangerous quarter of the universe.
Current Difficulty Setting Effects
Code: Select all
Easy Normal Hard Insane Revenge chance 10.00% 12.50% 16.67% 25.00% Hull% needed for jtp 100.00% 98.00% 90.00% 75.00% J2P minimum charge time 5 3 1 0 J2P maximum charge time 9 7 3 0 Proactive assault sectors scanned per minute 5 15 30 60 Max ships gathered from a remote sector 5 10 15 20 Engine/Rudder tuning chance 16.67% 33.33% 50.00% 100.00% Engine/Rudder tuning max 125.00% 133.33% 150.00% 200.00% Extra missile chance 5.56% 11.11% 14.29% 20.00% Max missile fire probability 45.00% 65.00% 80.00% 95.00% Suicide divisor # (1 in hull% / #) 1 2 3 4 Emergency escape shields % 1.00% 10.00% 15.00% 20.00% Maximum controllable swarm size 13 25 50 100 Maximum overmind sleep cycle 60 30 20 10 Nvidium needed to make station 30 25 20 15 10 GJ shields on stations 1 2 3 4 Starting shield charge on stations 0.00% 12.50% 33.33% 50.00% Minimum delay until next station built (hours) 3 2 1 0 Maximum delay until next station built (hours) 4 3 2 1 Chance of Spawning a Cluster per minute 5.00% 10.00% 20.00% 33.33% Missile Swarm Participation Chance 20.00% 25.00% 33.33% 50.00% Note: carrier production speed is dependent upon swarm size
To completely uninstall this script:
1. Set all the AL options to 'NO' and wait until they all say they are disabled (Core and Sector Takeover take a little time to shut down). This is all you have to do to disable it, the rest of the steps are for complete uninstallation.
2. Save your game
3. Remove the script files.
Tested and works with both vanilla and XTM X3. Also tested with Universe Explorers, RRF, and BSE with no problems. This script uses SIGNAL_KILLED and SIGNAL_ATTACKED for Kha'ak ships and may be incompatible with other scripts that use SIGNAL_KILLED and SIGNAL_ATTACKED on Kha'ak ships (Though I don't know of any that do). The stock '!ship.signal.killed.khaak' is still called after the custom routine and can be replaced by other scripts with no problem .
1. Currently there are no known bugs, please tell me when you find them!
1. Payouts for taking sectors back?
Text File: 8972
First public release!
1. Turned off a debug message I forgot about
2. Creating a station for the sector takeover is no longer time based. The Kha'ak will slowly donate their ships to the station construction effort amassing a large amount of Nvidium, Silicon Wafers and Quantum Tubes. Once enough materials are available they will become the station. Stealing of these materials by friends or enemies will be harshly dealt with! Sector takeover takes about 33% longer now, but is somewhat random due to the nature of the ship -> resources routine (Large ships provide more).
3. Fixed a bug where a weaponless scout would suicide even if suicide is turned off.
4. Fixed a few other small bugs that are not worth describing.
1. Completely rewrote overmind system
2. Added in a delay between claiming sectors
3. Added in difficulty modes
4. Fixed suicide scouts bug
5. Fixed revenge bug
6. Merged into ap AL framework
7. Game-generated Kha'ak will now start attacking things in their sectors
8. Kha'ak will now begin to take over Unknown Sectors if they are alone there
9. Reduced minimum station building defense force to 5 ships, it is easier to deal with them and get all the Nvidium if you interrupt them now
10. Simplified alot of code and fixed other various bugs
1. Minor bug fixes and compatibility improved with Improved Xenon
1. Added missile swarming capability. If not fighting the swarm target, but close enough to fire a missile at it then a ship will.
2. Added p2p jump options
3. Added BBS messages
4. Fixed a rather large bug with SIGNAL_KILLED calling the wrong script ><
5. Swarming job scripts now fall out into standard vanilla scripts when combat is over and the sector is cleared. Reduced the cpu cost considerably.
6. Other various bug fixes that I don't recall right now.
1. Added Kha'ak invader mode
2. Fixed a BBS bug and a few other minor bugs
3. Station building/sector takeover has been slightly tweaked to decrease building times by not stopping station creation if an enemy ship wanders into the sector (high-traffic sectors prevented all station building since transports kept entering the sector).
1. More p2p Options! wheee!
2. Tweaked the sector takeover and holding routines. Sector defense during takeover will be much nastier causing stations to be built faster.
3. Added carrier production capabilities
4. Added another option for suicide scouts to deal with exploiting fighter drones, mines, and m5 floods...yes, I am evil.
5. A few bug fixes