[script][04.06.08][X3 2.5]Xenon Border Conflicts v. 1.52

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trickmov
x3tc

[script][04.06.08][X3 2.5]Xenon Border Conflicts v. 1.52

Post by Trickmov » Sat, 29. Mar 08, 14:04

Attention:
From now on, every support and the development of this script is stopped. This means, if problems occur, you will have to find a solution yourself.

Xenon Border Conflicts v. 1.52
By Trickmov

Xenon Border Conflicts is a script that replaces the normal xenon invasions.

The script was originally developped only for Mod Trilogy but is now available for Vanilla X3, too.

The script should run with XTM, too, but this isn´t testet yet.

Download:

http://www.merchant-haven.de/forum/down ... l&df_id=45

zum deutschen Thema:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=199532

General:

The xenon rotten together and run into neighboring sectors conquest attempts.
Are these successful (all stations of the sector owner destroyed), then the sector goes to the Xenon and there will be a xenon station built. Further invasions are made from conquered sectors, too.

Conquests are made until enough ships for an invasion exist.
In the sector remain always ships, making the number of ships for the invasions decreasing.

After the conquest, by the destruction of xenon station, the sector can be brought back into the hand of the original owner sector.

In a random sector, a xenon-yard is built, whose destruction the players gives a break between other invasion attempts by the xenon of variable length.

Installation:

Extract the archive in the path of your X3 installation or use the script installer file

De-installation:

In the Script Editor run uninstall.plugin.XBC , save, remove all parts of the XBC in the corresponding folders, reload, ready.

Times and frequency of invasions:

The waittimes are divided into three parts:

1. waittime until the shipyard is built
2. waitime after the shipyard has been built and before invasions are generally allowed
3. waittime before the invasion really starts

Every waittime is calculated in this way:

1. fixed part 2 hours
2. variable part 10 hours, from this, 20 minutes for each further fightrank of the player are subtracted

Result: With a new game you will have to wait from installation to first invasion 36 hours (3 * 12 hours), while the waittime on the highest fighrank is only 6 hours (3 * 2 hours). Is the yard built, the waittimes are like above, but without *3.

In my game fightrank Ace first grade (23) i have to wait:
Fixed part:
2 hours
variable part:
10 hours – 22*20 minutes
Result:
4 hours 40 minutes

News:

About the important events the player is informed via BBS message:

- Probably xenon shipyard built
- Probably invasion in Sector XY
- Battle in Sector XY won / lost

After defence (also not successful defence, then only 10% of normal reward) of a sector you get a message that you receive a reward for shot xenon ships.

You will also receive a messages, if the shipyard is destroyed or a sector is reclaimed.

Rewards:

J + K -> 10,000,000 credits
P -> 500,000 credits
LX -> 400,000 credits
L -> 200,000 credits
M -> 50,000 credits
N -> 20,000 credits

For the reconquest you will also get a reward (15,000,000 Credits), the same is true for destroying the shipyard (25,000,000 Credits)

Reaction of the peoples:

Peoples respond to invasions, the size of the "rapid reaction force" is dependent on the player fleet and begins with 3 M2s, but can fall to 0.

Guest of the player fleet:

M1 = 700 points
M2 = 1000 points
M3 = 50 points
M4 = 25 points
M5 = 10 points
M6 = 100 points
M7 = 250 points

Overall: = Punkte/1000 fleet strength of the player
Reaction fleet: 3 - fleet strength of the player

Limitations:

- Normal XIs are no longer available
- Reaction Force script is not compatible

Differences to normal xenon invasions:

- There is no need to be in the invaded sector in order to get rewards for shot ships
- The xenon conquer sectors (after a successful invasion the sector is owned by the xenon)
- The rewards are approximately doubled
- You get other rewards (for the destruction of the yard or station)
- The Xenon ships are fully equipped (much heavier)
- 4 large ship of the Xenon (Xenon J, K xenon, xenon P), with their accompanying ships in fly into the sector
- The number of defenders of the peoples is dependent on the fleet size of the player
- You needn´t accept a mission for the invasions to expire
- Normal xenon invasions switched off
- speed of invasions depends on players fight rank

Thank you for your cooperation:

- Old Man II and Lucike for tests and suggestions
- 4of25 for the replacement texts of the normal xenon invasions
- wyvern11 for a small part of the translations

Revision History:

v. 1.01

New:

- Uninstall completed, sectors now go back to former owners, ships will get right commands

v. 1.10

New:

- Xenon station is already built, when the first Xenon big ship arrives the sector

- Destruction during the invasion leads to an withdrawel of the ships.
- Xenon yard is built in a random Xenon sector, then you get a BBS message.

If you find the yard and destroy it, the invasions are stopped for 24 Stazuras

Changes:
- Time between invasions again 1 hour
- Completed uninstall again, ships in formerly conquered sectors will be retransferred back

V. 1.20

- Xenon station was not destroyed when the invasion wasn´t successful
- rewards for shot ships
- fleet size of xenon set to 4 big ships
- Also, a small bug exists: if the invasion of a sector without stations isn´t successfull, the sector will go to the xenon as soon as the last big ship arrives the sector.

V. 1.25

- Sector only goes to the xenon, when all stations and Big Ships of the race were destroyed
- Reward success: 100% Not successful: 10%
- If the invasion has expired, but you didn´t destroy any ship, then you will get no announcement
- Logs for fleet movements away

V. 1.30

- Bug in the counting routine resolved (small vessels during Xenon invasions were not all counted)
- Rewards for reclaiming a sector (2,000,000 credits), and destroying the xenon shipyard (5,000,000 Credits) inserted
- Spawning in yard disabled (Xenon-yard belongs race2)

V. 1.35

- Peoples reactions added
- Normal XIs off
- This version is not available without init.trimod.pck
- Logs in this version available (for invasion and shipyard built)
- Hours reduced in this version

V. 1.37

- Thanks 4of25. The replacement texts for the normal xenon invasions are now with real messages filled. English translation still missing -> if someone has a lot of time, he can do if he likes.
- Update controller added:
Advantages:
- The scripts are no longer simply overwritten when loading (which caused problems), but the new version will run as soon as the appropriate script has run his actual turn.
Disadvantages:
- It may take much time until each script part has ended the actual turn: In this version, 10 minutes before in any case everything is updated (in the final version this would be the 24 hours)

Change of times in the script is no longer as easy as possible, I recommend the following procedure:
Copying the setup scripts in a name without "setup." At the beginning, delete the setup scripts,
Reload (now is nothing of XBC active), change times (if desired), then run
your spare setup by hand.

V. 1.38 (29.03.08)

- First release as vanilla script
- Binding to Mod Trilogy removed
- Additional logs removed
- English translated T-File
- Times on 12/24 hour set
- PDFs added
- Script Installer file added

V. 1.39 (30.03.08)

Important: In the previous version was still a trap that i had built in to ensure, that this script could run only with Mod Trilogy. The invasions itself worked well, but during an invasion all the TS-Frighters of the player were destroyed. Please ensure that you don´t run version 1.38. If it is running already, please return to an savegame before installing. Please excuse my fault.

- forgot to remove trap, that i built in to ensure, that the script runned only with Mod Trilogy
- small error with times fixed (BBS-Entries to short), times for shipyard
- changed the rewards for destroing the shipyard (now 25.000.000 Credits) and for reconquering a sector (now 15.000.000 Credits)

V. 1.40 (14.04.08)

- Xenon-Ships use their jumpdrive, if possible
- times decreased (8/24 hours)

V. 1.42 (20.04.08)

- added further waits, because a few loops made problems
- all scripts have now infinite loop detection enabled, to be able to detect further problems faster
- Xenon stations are now built on a safe (no collision) sector position

V. 1.50 (22.04.08)

- payment in case the sector has been lost is now really 10%
- Xenon-Shipyard is now built on a safe sector position
- name of the Xenon-Shipyard now correct in Mods, too
- number of shields of Xenon-Stations now on the right level
- small error in setup fixed
- several parts now as library scripts
- times changed (fixed part: 2 hours, variable part 10 hours -> depending on fightrank)
- added short test script (a.test.XBC)

V. 1.51 (23.05.08)

- small loop-error fixed
- now it should be impossible to run more than one invasion at the same time, and so not more than 4 Xenon-Capital-Ships in one invaded sector
- races M2s will no longer been taken from the other M2s of this race, but created newly and removed after the fight

V. 1.52 (04.06.08)

- in XTM the Xenon-Shipyard is invisible and undestroyable, due to this, I had to use another shipyard (that of the argons) as replacement. The shipyard is now visible and named as Xenon-Shipyard, but the sound-output calls it argon-shipyard. This can´t be changed.

To destroy the invisible shipyards in XTM i have added the small script plugin.XBC.XTM.shipyard.hotfix. With this, the shipyard is going to be destroyed. After having destroyed it, a new wait-cycle will start.
Last edited by Trickmov on Fri, 10. Oct 08, 17:23, edited 17 times in total.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 03:45

YES!....This is the kind of script I like to see!..Xenon should in my opinion naturally be trying to take over the universe.....I will give this script a shot....Fighting back the expansion of evil, the classic tale..Cheers
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Kregoth
xr

Post by Kregoth » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 04:35

Seems like fun does it have any problems with LV's Race Response Fleet or Player Response Fleet? Will the response fleet screw up there chances? or when the Xenon attack there Response Fleet jump in?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 10:54

violently_happy wrote:Seems like fun does it have any problems with LV's Race Response Fleet or Player Response Fleet? Will the response fleet screw up there chances? or when the Xenon attack there Response Fleet jump in?
Yes it has these problems. I mentioned this above. The scripts symply can´t work together.
I could change my script in the way, that, when Race Response Fleet is active, there are no race-defender-ships sent by my script. The only problem would then be, that the performance would be down, because the fleetsize of the Race Response Script depends on the size of the attacker fleet. In this case there would be much more ships in the invaded sector than i planned and so no possibility to fight yourself in sector.

-> so i don´t plan to make this change.

Player response fleet: I don´t know this script, but it should be no problem (assumed, that it only sends player ships into the sector).

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 14:54

I played this a little today and noticed that nothing larger than a P would ever venture out of the Xenon sectors...Also noticed that there were a lot of xenon ships surrounding many of the stations in various sectors close to Xenon sectors, but were not attacking the stations at all...Two hours play time and not one station was destroyed...Did I miss something or is this normal?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 15:07

Pogi wrote:I played this a little today and noticed that nothing larger than a P would ever venture out of the Xenon sectors...Also noticed that there were a lot of xenon ships surrounding many of the stations in various sectors close to Xenon sectors, but were not attacking the stations at all...Two hours play time and not one station was destroyed...Did I miss something or is this normal?
I think this is normal, there can be only Ps, but normally it´s a mix of Js, Ks, Ps with their followerships (and the maximum is 4 big ships).

The destruction of the stations can take a long time, because the Xenon-Ships don´t get the command "attack this station" from my script, but only the command "Invade sector", which is similar to "fly sector and then attack all enemies". So nobody can say, which aim is attacked next.

In my tests it took normally at least 1 hour to destroy all stations, but there were runs, that took 4 hours, too (same sector).

I will have a look at this, because i am not absolutely sure, that there is no problem with the script.

Edit: Had a look at this, it seems to work fine.

In Vanilla X3 the first invaded sector is normally the unknown sector west of Xenon sector 534 (you will get no message about this, because the sector has no owner), then should follow an attempt into Menelaus Paradise.

In my test the first invading ship was a Xenon J and it destroyed at first a station and then one of the defending M2s.

I think, the invasions should need their time, because if this were finished after an hour or so, the player wouldn´t have a chance to intervene when not looking regularly on the BBS. And if it were much faster, there would been lost too many sectors in a too short time.

But eventually i will make an option in the artificial life menu -> Xenon Border Conflicts hard -> decreasing the time between the invasion attempts to 1 hour or so, so that player, that only want to fight can do so.

Trickmov

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 16:57

Update:

http://www.merchant-haven.de/downloads. ... l&df_id=45

Important: In the previous version was still a trap that i had built in to ensure, that this script could run only with Mod Trilogy. The invasions itself worked well, but during an invasion all the TS-Frighters of the player were destroyed. Please ensure that you don´t run version 1.38. If it is running already, please return to an savegame before installing. Please excuse my fault.

V. 1.39 (30.03.08 )

- forgot to remove trap, that i built in to ensure, that the script runned only with Mod Trilogy
- small error with times fixed (BBS-Entries to short)
- changed the rewards for destroying the shipyard (now 25.000.000 Credits) and for reconquering a sector (now 15.000.000 Credits)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 11:11

I think the timing is ok like it is...When I tested I made SAT's in each sector and monitored looking for a J or K to come out and play...Never did, but I did not makes SAT's in the Unknown Sectors..so I will download your newest version and test again..Thanks

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 12:03

I forgot to mention this:

Before the first invasion starts, it will take 12 hours until the shipyard is built (you will see a BBS-message about this), after that it will take 24 hours until the first invasion starts. The next invasions follow in 12 hour steps.

Generally about the times: It depends on you whether i change the times, if most player would prefer shorter periods, i will change this.

Trickmov

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 16:53

Update:

V. 1.40 (14.04.08 )

- Xenon-Ships use their jumpdrive, if possible
- times decreased (8/24 hours)

Note: It may take a long time, until every script-part is updated, the worst case are 32 hours, the best case is no timeloss. But what will be in every case updated, is the jump-drive part. In the next invasion, the xenon will jump into the sector.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 13:09

About RRF:

I know, many people use the RRF-Script. Good script :) .

But why should you want to use RRF together with Xenon Border Conflicts or other invasion scripts?

I mean, if you want to use RRF, you don´t want to fight, because you allow the races to defend themself.

If you want to use an invasion-script, you want to fight, because why should you install it, if you don´t want to fight?

Fact is, RRF sends defender ships depending on the size of the attacker fleet to the sector. This wouldn´t be a problem, because the invasion script could send just more ships to the sector.

But you see, where this leads to:
There are more and more ships in the sector fighting against each other.

You could think: Cool, a great space battle 8)

But the reality looks different: There can´t be no win for the player, because if you have so many ships in a sector, the lags are so extreme, that you can´t take part in the fights yourself. :(

So i mentioned RRF as incompatible to my script, and realised own defending ships. :|
Perhaps you can use both scripts together, but then you can´t fight yourself (lags!) and the Xenon couldn´t conquer any sectors. So it would be better not to install this invasion script at all.

demonzzz

Ummmm

Post by demonzzz » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 13:42

If you use this Script will you get kudos points from the race they are attacking, I need to lift my popularity with the argons!! ( Amongst many)
Go away im depressed enough already!

Trickmov
x3tc

Re: Ummmm

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 14:01

demonzzz wrote:If you use this Script will you get kudos points from the race they are attacking, I need to lift my popularity with the argons!! ( Amongst many)
Every fight in a races sector against an enemy of this race will raise your popularity with this race. It doesn´t depend on which script you use.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 20:27

Update:

V. 1.42 (20.04.08 )

- added further waits, because a few loops made problems
- all scripts have now infinite loop detection enabled, to be able to detect further problems faster
- Xenon stations are now built on a safe (no collision) sector position

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 16:10

Update:

Note: When making an update, it takes time until the current waitcycle has been finished, before all script-parts are on the newest version. (at the shipyard 16 hours, when it not has been built)

V. 1.50 (22.04.08 )

- payment in case the sector has been lost is now really 10%
- Xenon-Shipyard is now built on a safe sector position
- name of the Xenon-Shipyard now correct in Mods, too
- number of shields of Xenon-Stations now on the right level
- small error in setup fixed
- several parts now as library scripts
- times changed (fixed part: 2 hours, variable part 10 hours -> depending on fightrank) see above
- added short test script (a.test.XBC)

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 23. May 08, 19:26

Update:

V. 1.51 (23.05.08)

- small loop-error fixed
- now it should be impossible to run more than one invasion at the same time, and so not more than 4 Xenon-Capital-Ships in one invaded sector
- races M2s will no longer been taken from the other M2s of this race, but created newly and removed after the fight

RU4PT
x3

Post by RU4PT » Tue, 27. May 08, 18:10

Hi, Trickmov!
Can u upload this script on another sites?
I can not download from http://www.merchant-haven.de/downloads. ... l&df_id=45

Can send you russian translate also .... if u want..

Best regards.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 28. May 08, 00:56

RU4PT wrote:Hi, Trickmov!
Can u upload this script on another sites?
I can not download from http://www.merchant-haven.de/downloads. ... l&df_id=45

Can send you russian translate also .... if u want..

Best regards.
The download problem seems to be a problem of firefox (i assume, that you use this browser), other browsers seem to have no problem with d/l.
Just try another browser.

About translation: Have sent you a PN.

Trickmov

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu, 29. May 08, 04:10

Ignore me.

The emergent problem is that you are forced into conflict when using invasion scripts.

The idea is to find a script that isn't hostile to the function of the game. Meaning that, if the script were to fully run it's course, that the player would still be able to play as she chooses. If I understand how the script currently works, once the xenon decide to invade the only person who can stop them is yourself...

It's not "Cool Space Fights" it's "If I install this how will this change my gameplay"... Or rather, it's if you have the option to fight, rather than being forced to fight. (Argubally, the player could disable the script, but that's a rather unatural way to stop things)

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 4. Jun 08, 16:53

Update:

If you don´t use XTM, you don´t need this update!

V. 1.52 (04.06.08)

- in XTM the Xenon-Shipyard is invisible and undestroyable, due to this, I had to use another shipyard (that of the argons) as replacement. The shipyard is now visible and named as Xenon-Shipyard, but the sound-output calls it argon-shipyard. This can´t be changed.

To destroy the invisible shipyards in XTM i have added the small script plugin.XBC.XTM.shipyard.hotfix. With this, the shipyard is going to be destroyed. After having destroyed it, a new wait-cycle will start.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”