[Script]Flying-Ware Collect Software MK1 v0.17 beta (03-02-2008)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whismerhill
x3ap

[Script]Flying-Ware Collect Software MK1 v0.17 beta (03-02-2008)

Post by Whismerhill » Sat, 2. Feb 08, 13:43

If you don't want to read a lot go to : SHORT AND TO THE POINT:
by clicking here or scrolling down to second post

Whole Story

Argon Report : MK23D1-125
subject : Ware Collect Software MK1
race : Goners

Main Purpose:
A piece of software created & sold by the Goners to allow advanced control of the transporter device in an attempt to collect flying wares around a ship

Economical tidbit:
The goners are currently trying to widen their offers while keeping the original peaceful spirit of the goner organization.
This new software offer should allow them to get even more money with a price of around 800k universal credits , and as such I suggest we reinforce our spy presence into the goner organisation.

Technical Information:
Using the Goner Transporter Device in this manner isn't that secured because it's only a one end transport, no ships to alignate the teleport flux onto ...
Because of inherent limitations of this device, Goners included a series of safeties within the protocol
which can result in between 1 up to 3.8 sezura wait depending on distance to object.

Safeties:
-Integrated enemy detection up to 7km from ship position (verbose exit)
-Ware Total size check against available space (silent check)
-Ware check against some specific containers which aren't properly handled by the default algorythm (to preserve quest containers integrity) (silent check)
-Check for ship docked status to prevent messing with containers in transit (silent exit)
-5km Distance check to not overload the Goner Transporter Device
-check that the computer has enough data for retrieving the container (the player should have discovered that container before the software can pick it up)

Please note that the enemy detection algorythm included isn't as ideal as it sounds though. It was only implemented by goners as a safety measure against HEPT sprays on the teleport influx which could result in permanent matter alteration and who knows the consequences ...
(Much to the disappointement of Goners, This safety check had to be included for the safety of the whole universe even if considering any race as an "enemy" is against a goner's belief)
(the inside lab testing info I got my hands on, suggest that an experiment just ended up creating a gaz with strange sticky properties, several illnesses were also suggested although it was all coded, so I couldn't quite get a grasp of it. In any case it's an extremely rare problem, the goners are just overly prudent about it.)

In the end, the enemy detection algorythm is only launched just before activating the Goner Transporter Device.

Also the goners had to include "illegal" cargo capability into the software because of demand from split & teladi representative
though they refused to include any type of cargo dealing with intelligent beings like slaves cyborgs & such even though a yaki representative insisted

Argon security ID : 342FOI6
Authorization level : 5
answer is expected through the usual channels within 2 stazuras and 20 mizuras
Last edited by Whismerhill on Sun, 3. Feb 08, 17:10, edited 3 times in total.

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sat, 2. Feb 08, 13:43

SHORT AND TO THE POINT:

Features:
-allows any ship to collect flying wares with the help of a transporter device
-limited to 5km
-no ennemies in 7km
-ship shouldn't be docked
-only flying wares which fit into cargobay will be picked up
-ability to choose which general type of ware should be picked up
-cost about 800k universal credits
-hotkeys to start/stop the script on ships in your sector easily

Why I made such a script ?
-mainly because I got tired of having to go OOS for my ships to collect cargo, otherwise they would often get stuck flying in circles...
-because I wanted a faster way but for a price (I often forgot about my ships collecting wares OOS)
-because I wanted something consistent with the universe and not too powerful, so that it doesn't feel like a cheat
-the cancellation of the script in a dock was done to prevent having too much ships running around the universe with this script started. Why ? cause X3 interface isn't done for mass managing and it's quite difficult to keep track of which ship runs which additional ship command (they are quite hidden).
-anything may be changed upon enough request though
-also the enemy detection was again done because X3 interface will make you forget about your ships and let them die

REQUIREMENTS:
-Cycrow's plugin manager & enabled custom wares in it
-Cycrow's keepstock libraries (included)
-XTM 7.3 (optional)

INSTALL & USE information :
just use the plugin manager from cycrow
the custom wares HAVE to be enabled (but it should tell you anyway)

DOWNLOAD
FWCS MK1 XTM version 0.17

FWCS MK1 non-XTM version 0.03.1

VERSION HISTORY:
v0.17
-fixed hotkeys starting the script even if the FWCS ware wasn't in cargobay
-implemented an al option for using the keepstock script or not (enabled by default)
if enabled the stock of the FWCS ware in goner stations will be updated each 2seconds
if disabled the stock of the FWCS ware in goner stations will be updated each game load only
-new message displaying if you tried to start the script on a ship which doesn't have FWCS in cargobay
v0.15
-implemented two optional hotkeys
-fixed restocking of ware (thanks to Cycrow keepstock libraries, which are included in the package)
-more player information through subtitles
v0.03.1
-specific version for non-XTM users (though the XTM version may work with other installs too)
v0.03
-initial release
-adapted ware price since the multiply by 28 suggested by cycrow didn't quite work out :)
v0.02
-unreleased
-changed from using EMP to Custom Wares in Cycrow's plugin manager
v0.01
-initial version never released

UNINSTALL:
-for this beta release, I didn't provide any uninstall feature, sorry

---------------------------------
------- In Game Help -------
---------------------------------
Command-overview Flying Ware Collect Software MK1
The first input determines what kind of wares will be transported on board
1 to collect all wares
2 to collect only weapons, shields and rockets
3 to collect food and other biological things
4 to collect minerals
5 to collect everthing expect weapons, shields and rockets.
The second input on whether to collect illegal wares or not. (whatever the first input is)
1 to collect space fuel and so on
0 to let stay where they are.
------------ Hotkeys ------------
There's also two optional hotkeys that you can use. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want them as the script works fine on its own.
---- WareCollect per ship settings : this hotkey will start FWCS MK1 using a set of ship stored parameters to feed the script.
This set of ship stored parameters is just the previous set of parameters used on that particular ship with the FWCS MK1 command.
By default this set is : 1 to collect all wares & 1 to collect illegals too.

---- WareCollect global settings : this hotkey will start FWCS MK1 using a global set of parameters to feed the script.
By default this set is : 1 to collect all wares & 1 to collect illegals too.
Using this hotkey on the playership will set global values from your ship's ones.

Both hotkeys will launch the FWCS MK1 script on a ship you own if it's the current target.
Otherwise the playership is used.

Conflicting Script Info
can conflict with :
<t id="1238">COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_38</t> - Report Build/RE costs by eladan
I chose this command because the build/RE cost info is included in the scrap ship commands in HQ with official egosoft bonus pack and there was no other free command slot

ILLEGAL WARES LIST:
(some more wares are considered illegal but are considered "quest items" and shouldn't be messed with in my opinion and some others are never dropped by ships)
Rock Beetle Shell (only for XTM versions)
Shivan Dragon Scales (only for XTM versions)
Spaceflies
Space Fuel
Space weed

if you got any feature/balance request, any suggestion, any english correction or anything... feel free to post below
lastly if you don't like this script, tell me why please
or if you like it, tell me why too ;)
thanks.

Thanks to :
-BEF for the initial idea & structure of script
-eladan for script examples & ideas
-all the XTM staff
-cycrow for his plugin manager & libraries
Last edited by Whismerhill on Sun, 3. Feb 08, 20:05, edited 2 times in total.

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 12:46

found a small bug in v0.15
-hotkeys will start the script even if the FWCS MK1 ware isn't present in cargobay :D

it's not a big problem really but expect an update today or tomorrow

I will also try to make the keepstock function as an option
why ? because, well... I realised my script handles itself fine if you reload once in a while (which reinit the stock in goner temples)
and I try to make this script save as much CPU power as possible
even though the keepstock script isn't heavy on CPU power already (permanent script that runs each 2 seconds)

though I also realized that some people might not want to save & reload to equip a lot of ships

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 17:08

FWCS MK1 XTM version 0.17

v0.17
-fixed hotkeys starting the script even if the FWCS ware wasn't in cargobay
-implemented an al option for using the keepstock script or not (enabled by default)
if enabled the stock of the FWCS ware in goner stations will be updated each 2seconds
if disabled the stock of the FWCS ware in goner stations will be updated each game load only (so basically you save and reload and poof you got them again)
-new message displaying if you tried to start the script on a ship which doesn't have FWCS in cargobay

as a sidenote, if you don't want to equip more than a handful of ships with that piece of software, I suggest to disable the al keepstock option, more so since with the number of goner temples in XTM, you shouldn't really run out

enjoy :wink:

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 20:06

sorry a wrong file version got into 0.17 redownload it if you did it before
:oops:

rechecking the wrong file, it was just a pageid problem (which will get you a readtext upon the right conditions: that is launching the script on a ship without FWCS MK1 on it)

WarChicken
x3tc

Post by WarChicken » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 12:29

Say, it doesn't collect rocks, does it?

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Wed, 26. Mar 08, 20:16

I've installed this but I get the 'failed to install' message saying I probably didn't turn on the custom wares feature, which I have.

This is using the XTM version on an existing game.

tantanoid

Post by tantanoid » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 12:46

Hi, could you change the ware type of Ware Collect Software MK1 to Tech? That way it is more consistent with other upgrades and could be added to the player ED in XTM.

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Tue, 1. Apr 08, 13:56

Very useful script, but I think there might be a conflict with the Guild scripts, as the command to start picking up wares has disappeared after I installed the guild scripts. Reinstalling the wares script didn't change anything, later today I'll disable the guild scripts and see if the command to start comes back.

It also looks like the hotkeys are now 'read text's' in the control panel.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 1. Apr 08, 18:27

im also getting readtext0-100 and readtext 0-101 in controls interface, also when you 'remove' this with the plugin manager it appears to remove the script but leaves the custom ware behind

Legionnaire

Kakurate
x3

Post by Kakurate » Thu, 29. May 08, 21:58

I'm also getting the readtext0-100 & 101 in my controls interface.

Kakurate
x3

Post by Kakurate » Fri, 30. May 08, 01:06

I found the problem in the script:
You call the hotkey register script before you assign the pageid to your global.

Also, the hotkeys will still work, just no text.

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Sun, 1. Jun 08, 03:11

Ihave a problem:

INSTALL & USE information :
just use the plugin manager from cycrow
the custom wares HAVE to be enabled (but it should tell you anyway)

Ok The script is enabled in Custom Wares in Plugin Manager ,

but a text appears in Messages saying that the script is not enable.

What´s wrong?

Thank you

peroxyde
x3tc

Post by peroxyde » Sat, 2. Aug 08, 13:15

Hi!
I've already send a post in the french topic but, i need to disable the ennemi ship detection (for me, in many case they are just TS) and the possibility to collect only illegal ware.
Thank you...
"On apprend en faisant des erreurs, mais le problème c'est qu'en explosifs, l'erreur est fatale." Aldébaran v10
Image<-- Clef Des Toilettes Privées Du Forum Français décernée par Thoto le 23/06/07

warer

Post by warer » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 22:28

Can anyone post a download link for this script?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”