[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 23:29

Clar17y wrote:Can you look at the way i coded my trader and see what i did wrong? I don't think the 'bug' still exists?
AFAIK, CLS2 does not allow that any more. Station Manager is a different script.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 10:35

I am using the Aussenlager (External Warehouse) script. It takes a second to unload like 1250 e-cells from a freighter.

If I set the freighter to unload 5000 at my Trading Station, will it wait until it has unloaded the 5000 items :?:

Thx, :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 10:57

Nope - any command will unload as much as it can and then move on to the next step. No command is made for supporting all scripts there may be.

madness
x3tc

Post by madness » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 11:43

for the com log 2 when trying to input special input to get jump cells from home base. How do you input N/A???

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 11:58

N/A means that it does not matter what you input. Thus, if it is a parameter that requires a ware, you just pick any ware.

madness
x3tc

Post by madness » Sat, 9. Jun 07, 23:05

Thanks for that. Its accepted the commands and is now loitering at emperor mines.

spoidz
x3tc

Trouble with modifying current waypoints

Post by spoidz » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 02:21

I can't seem to get the {3}{X}{Y} and {4}{X}{Y} commands to work right with the "Configure Intermediate Stops" command switch.

I have a route with 7 way points. I'm selling E cells to several Teladi factories just to level my MK2's and also to learn NPC looping.

Buy @15
Buy @15
Buy @15
Sell @15
Sell @15
Sell @15
Sell @15

Every time I try to modify individual stops up or down, the system starts modifying stops I don't want to change. I have tried stopping the route and leaving the route running. I know it says they don't take effect until after the current run, but that isn't the problem I'm getting.

If I enter {3}{4}{1} to change way point 4 to sell @16 it changes all of 1-4 to 16. And if I try executing it more than once it starts making them all different levels.

Buy @16
Buy @16
Buy @16
Sell @16
Sell @15
Sell @15
Sell @15

The text of the readme seems to imply it should only affect the way point I input. "The pilot increases the price of waypoint X by Y credits"

Does anyone know if there are any other rules for these commands or if there is something not covered in the readme? I did figure out that it will only accept one credit at a time increase/decrease.

Thanks for any help/knowledge

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 08:09

Oh my, the original german thread states:
Eingabe - {3} {X} {Y}
Der Pilot erhöht den Preis von Wegpunkt X bis Y um einen Credit.
Have we still lost the message in translation? :oops:

My blind guess is that X and Y define a range of waypoints, and the price changes by one credit.

Remember that you can reissue the "Configure Waypoint" command with a negative number as first argument. Instead of starting with '0', try '-3' and then give the same inputs as you originally gave for third waypoint, but change for example the price.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 16:57

Thanks jlehtone, that's exactly what it seems to be.

I just tested and {3}{4}{4} affects only the 4th waypoint.

Just been driving me crazy, and I dreaded having to re-input an entire list for individual 1-2cr changes, e-cells mainly.

I guess the readme needs to read the same as {1}{X}{Y}

"The pilot increases the price of intermediate stops from X up to including Y by one credit"

Also, I hadn't realized the negative number technique to make an individual re-write. It doesn't stick out in the readme because it's buried in the paragraph and making a change isn't highlighted as the intent.

I'll have to try that and see when it is more advantageous to use that, probably when I need to make large changes to the pricing/amount.

Thanks for the help, now I can try unlocking the secrets of the paranid economy :o

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Sat, 3. Nov 07, 12:41

Apologies for what may be a dumb question that I can't see answered in this thread already.

I want a trader to automatically transfer 1 GPPC at a time from a complex whose primary role is building other things to my arms complex. I'm trying CLS Mk II, but the trader runs the tour empty for most of the time, burning Ecells and costing me credits.

Is there a way to get the trader to load at least 1 of an item, or to wait until there is one to move?

Commands I've used are:
0, Complex1, Complex1, GPPC, 0, 1 (or 100001)
0, Complex2, Complex2, GPPC, 0, -1
0, Complex1, n/a, n/a, 0, 0 (explicit refuel jump energy)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 13:17

Try
readme wrote:Input - {2} {4} {X}
The Mk1 pilot collects ware from producer only if the producer has at least X% in stock. (X = 0 use default of 5%)

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 14:32

Thanks Carlo. I'll give it a try.

Message to self: RTFM, RTFM...

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 15:21

I'm not sure if it will work though - the description says 'Mk1' even though it's in the readme section for Mk2. *shrug*

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 19:19

Carlo the Curious wrote:I'm not sure if it will work though - the description says 'Mk1' even though it's in the readme section for Mk2. *shrug*
Because the option is for Mk1, and Mk1 only. The original config commands that Mk1 has, do not allow input of this type, so the Mk2 config command is "overloaded" to serve the Mk1 too. Not intuitive, but as "commands" is a very limited resource ...

There probably is no way to prevent Mk2 from running empty. That is a delicate balance. On one hand you do not like empty hauls, on another waiting on one non-crucial waypoint may not be wise either.

For example, imagine a hauler that must pick 10k ECells. There are four SPP, so one can add them all to the route and be quite confident that after it has visited all four, it has the required amount. Prone to do "useless" visits yes. Or should it wait the doomsday on the first waypoint if something freezes that factory?

I do not haul from producer to producer. I have a CLS Mk1 to haul those GPPC from both producers into one Mammoth. And using that {2}{4}{X} it waits until it gets at least 85%, ie 7 GPPC from that single Forge.

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 22:08

Thanks jlehtone. Words of wisdom again - I'll have a go with the CLS Mk 1 trader along the lines you suggest. I'll use it as another training route. :)

smiley
x3tc

Post by smiley » Wed, 26. Dec 07, 15:50

Sorry to be a pain, but HELP.

I just can't get my Commodity Trader MK2 to work.

The ship is a Split Caimen fitted out with the following:

2 x 25Mj shields (no other cargo)

Bets Buy Locator
Best Sell Locator
Boost Extension
Commodity Logistics Software MK1
Commodity Logistics Software MK2
Docking Computer
Duplex Scanner
Fight Software MK1
Fight Software MK2
Freight Scanner
Jumpdrive
Navigation Software MK1
Trade Software MK1
Trade Software MK2
Trading System Extension
Transporter Device

I start by using the configure command {1} {0} {0} to make sure all waypoints are clear.

Then I set up a way point by typing
{0} - adds way point
Choose my SPP
Choose my SPP again
Choose Energy Cells
{13} - price
{100} - number

Then I get the harsh sound that I assume means that something is wrong with the input. I have tried commanding it to set the Comm Log MK2 going anyway (just in case), but it just sits there doing nothing.

I have also tried setting up other way points to drop off ECells, Buy Rastar, Sell Rastar etc, but I still get that harsh negative sound and the ship just sits on standby.

Am I doing something wrong? I think I am following the instructions, but . . .

Thanks in advance for any help.

Smiley
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 26. Dec 07, 15:55

Set homebase for the ship. For some reason player station or TL can be added as waypoint only if the ship has a home(station).

smiley
x3tc

Post by smiley » Wed, 26. Dec 07, 19:57

jlehtone wrote:Set homebase for the ship. For some reason player station or TL can be added as waypoint only if the ship has a home(station).
Thanks for that. Thought I'd tried that. Tried it before with and without a homebase, but must have made some other mistake at the time.

Smiley
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

azeroth666
x3

Post by azeroth666 » Thu, 27. Dec 07, 22:36

Hello

I have problem with Jumping.
I have Mercury Tanker with all equipment which is needed
(Jumpdrive, double, triple scanner etc)
Pilot is Freighter now, it means max what i can get.
I add option that he will supply himself with energy to jump
But he is not jumping. just flying this 5 sectors.
What i missed?
And how pilot is learning to use jumpdrive by training?
I know in homebase, but where to find this?
Or this is automatically and I have to wait?

Regards
Asgaroth.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 27. Dec 07, 23:30

If the CLS ship has Video Enhancement Goggles equipped it will only jump when under attack.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”