TUTORIALS and RESOURCES + Activating the Script Editor/Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 21:59

Cycrow,

Thanks, kinda expected as much. I have both the default.xpf and my current profile in Excel side by side but it is still pretty much a haystack.

Cheers

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Mon, 27. Aug 07, 21:35

My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

xerses0
x4

Post by xerses0 » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 21:32

hi, i was wondering if it would be possible to make the game use a different language file? i bought this on holiday in germany, but when i started modding, i realised the game came with other language files. so, would it be possible to make the game run off the english file ( i think its 420001?)

thanks

xerses0
x4

Post by xerses0 » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 21:35

i wasnt sure whether or not to post that in the tech support, but decided that maybe someone here would know something about it, since i only worked out that i could change it when learning to mod lol

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 22:15

in the X3 directory (i.e D:\Games\X3 Reunion)
open the file called lang.dat with a text editor.
and change the files content to read 44

7 = Russian
33 = french
39 = Italian
44 = English
49 = German

xerses0
x4

Post by xerses0 » Mon, 3. Sep 07, 23:26

ty lol, i guess i should have worked that out lol

bunjie
x3

Post by bunjie » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 14:10

I need help i can not acess the script edtior i have typed "Thereshallbewings" in the poilt name box and all i get is nothing :evil:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 15:04

Follow the instructions in the first post in this thread again, unless your keyboard has different key assignments (foreign keyboard sometimes do this) it will work if done correctly

bunjie
x3

Post by bunjie » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 02:04

I will give it another Try printed out the Ins that are on this page

Orakio
x3tc

Bug?

Post by Orakio » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 07:48

I don't know if it is just me, but apparently using the x3 editor/text resource editor to edit xml files in the t folder almost always causes the game to crash

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 14:54

might be a problem with how it writes the text file, but most ppl usually just use a text editor for it

eladan
x4

Re: Bug?

Post by eladan » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 03:48

Orakio wrote:I don't know if it is just me, but apparently using the x3 editor/text resource editor to edit xml files in the t folder almost always causes the game to crash
It's how the file is saved. You need an editor which won't insert or remove special characters on save. Specifically, each line in the scripts ends with a <ctrl-M> (which is a carriage return? line feed? Always mix it up...) This gets removed if you save using the default windows editors.

Maybe the windows editors have some option you can turn on/off, but I use vim for windows, since I'm a unix head, and prefer vi anyway. If you're unfamiliar with vi, or prefer to use a gui, you probably wouldn't want to use vim - it's powerful, but takes some learning to use. I don't know about other editors, I'm afraid.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 10:48

Hi Orakio,

For editing t files, I always use Notepad. It saves the files correctly and causes no problems (well, not so far in the 4 or 5 years I have been doing this) - the only problems have been caused by me forgetting a closing tag.

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 13. Nov 07, 15:35

B-O'F wrote:For editing t files, I always use Notepad. It saves the files correctly and causes no problems (well, not so far in the 4 or 5 years I have been doing this) - the only problems have been caused by me forgetting a closing tag.
Notepad works, does it? Well I'll be... I thought I'd tried it at one point and it had screwed up... Still, I'll stick with my vim, thank you. :)

rambo57

Post by rambo57 » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 18:08

Tutorial for noobs in progress

i'm writing a tutorial on modding x3 from start to finish for noobs that wanna learn it wont be released for a while, as i'm still learning, guess you could say i'm still a noob myself and thought if i wrote for noobs from a noobs point of view then the new noobs might find it easyier

RAMBO57
Our friends are rich and we love it, and it makes us look wealthy too

Xpressed mod forum, ideas welcome
http://x3.byte-pixel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 21:41

Can i submit another forum for 'Links to external sites that deal with scripting and modding '

After domination

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.after-domination.net/phpbb3/index.php]After Domination modding forums[/url]
You may also want to remove the XFP link as that forum has now closed, or redirect it to the After domination forums, where the database is stored.

rambo57

Post by rambo57 » Fri, 21. Dec 07, 13:15

for those that don't understand how to add a docking point heres a small easy to follow tutorial

http://www.file-upload.net/download-567 ... l.zip.html

i hope it works for all of you any problems pm me
Our friends are rich and we love it, and it makes us look wealthy too

Xpressed mod forum, ideas welcome
http://x3.byte-pixel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

NO46
x3

Post by NO46 » Tue, 1. Jan 08, 14:04

i cnt seem to be able to get the script editor screne up iv tried everythin :evil:

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 10. Jan 08, 11:15

NO46 wrote:i cnt seem to be able to get the script editor screne up iv tried everythin :evil:
very 1st page wrote:The Script Editor

If you are certain that you want to use this unsupported feature, you may activate the script editor the following way in your game:
  • enter the menu to change your pilot's name
    type Thereshallbewings (note the capital T) and press enter
    the menu will close, your player name will NOT have been changed, and a confirmation beep will sound on correct activation
    you will now find the "Script Editor" menu item in the command console

-----
Troubleshooting if you can't open the SE
1. Have you changed your pilotname, not your ship name
2. Make sure you are not docked
3. have you used a capital T
-----
Hope that helped.
DIGSIN wrote:Can i submit another forum for 'Links to external sites that deal with scripting and modding '

After domination

[url=http://www.after-domination.net/phpbb3/index.php]After Domination modding forums[/url]
You may also want to remove the XFP link as that forum has now closed, or redirect it to the After domination forums, where the database is stored.
This is a month old and still no one added it to the list, I wonder why? :gruebel:
Please do so, thank you.

MFG

Ketraar

Edit LV
LV waves hand across Ketraar'a face (the link has always been there)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 17:25

Please add the following entry in Tutorials\Modding\Graphics

[url=http://after-domination.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=734]Modding the loading sequence[/url] by Ketraar
Thanks

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”