NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 19:28

You can start it in a TP, if you want. Just at some point you'll need to 'tow' something.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Pitchblack01

Post by Pitchblack01 » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 05:35

currently i have been paying x3 for almost 2 weeks, and i have about 12 ships running around trading for me and a single m4 ship as my current ship equiped with some missles and 6 impulse ray emitters (is that correct?) I also own a m3 fighter but i cant find weapons for it, but what i want to know is do i have enough to survive and get the Hq?

Also after playing for a few hours my game slows and loading sectors and fighting starts to lag.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 09:55

Pitchblack01 wrote:currently i have been paying x3 for almost 2 weeks, and i have about 12 ships running around trading for me and a single m4 ship as my current ship equiped with some missles and 6 impulse ray emitters (is that correct?) I also own a m3 fighter but i cant find weapons for it, but what i want to know is do i have enough to survive and get the Hq?

Also after playing for a few hours my game slows and loading sectors and fighting starts to lag.
You would want more then just m3 fighter at least.

Criminal_Colt
x2

Post by Criminal_Colt » Tue, 27. Nov 07, 14:02

BlackRazor wrote:Also notice that if you have problem with the new missions there's a walkthrough to help you :D
Thanks, best post so far.

Please be advised the walkthrough has moved to here.

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Mon, 14. Jan 08, 22:57

I really need some help with this quest. I have the M7 yacht and have been told to bring the blueprints to the Kingdom End Shipyard. First of all I went in the Nemesis I had been using but had no message on docking with the shipyard. I then thought it wanted you to fly the yaucht itself there as I then did but still nothing, no messages on the bbs just zilch. I hope there isnt a gamestopping bug as I gave up for a while and just whizzed around in the yaucht blowing up pirates in the Cyclones Fury area and have prob overwritten any saves prior to me towing the yacht back to Grand Exchange. Can anyone please help?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 02:13

AlFitz wrote:I really need some help with this quest. I have the M7 yacht and have been told to bring the blueprints to the Kingdom End Shipyard. First of all I went in the Nemesis I had been using but had no message on docking with the shipyard. I then thought it wanted you to fly the yaucht itself there as I then did but still nothing, no messages on the bbs just zilch. I hope there isnt a gamestopping bug as I gave up for a while and just whizzed around in the yaucht blowing up pirates in the Cyclones Fury area and have prob overwritten any saves prior to me towing the yacht back to Grand Exchange. Can anyone please help?
I'm confused. How did you get the mission to retrieve the yacht if you haven't already delivered the blueprints? The blueprint mission should come first. :?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

YBnorml
x3

Post by YBnorml » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 02:17

Nanook wrote:
AlFitz wrote:I really need some help with this quest. I have the M7 yacht and have been told to bring the blueprints to the Kingdom End Shipyard. First of all I went in the Nemesis I had been using but had no message on docking with the shipyard. I then thought it wanted you to fly the yaucht itself there as I then did but still nothing, no messages on the bbs just zilch. I hope there isnt a gamestopping bug as I gave up for a while and just whizzed around in the yaucht blowing up pirates in the Cyclones Fury area and have prob overwritten any saves prior to me towing the yacht back to Grand Exchange. Can anyone please help?
I'm confused. How did you get the mission to retrieve the yacht if you haven't already delivered the blueprints? The blueprint mission should come first. :?
I beleave Nanook is talking about the blueprints for the player HQ
Virtual is reality...
Y B Nor M/L

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 02:30

Yeah I mean the blueprints for the HQ, I'm worried that they might exist in some sort of cargo form and have been lost. I might try and buy the Argon Equipment dock anyway and see if the mission progresses after that (I've read the walkthrough now, he he),

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 02:37

YBnorml wrote:
Nanook wrote:
I beleave Nanook is talking about the blueprints for the player HQ
As I said, I was confused. :oops: Thanks for clearing that up. :wink:

As to the OP's problem, all I can say is check your pilot's log for any messages that you may have missed. This is the point where you get to choose an M3+, and then get told to bring an Argon Trading Station via TL to the KE shipyard. If that hasn't happened, then something's wrong for sure.

EDIT: Note that this is a Trading Station, not an Equipment Dock!
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 10:12

There is only one Shipyard in Kingdom End this is right I hope? I seem to remember vaguely there being two and one of them being a Military one when I first started out the Bala Gi missions. Its possible that my memory is faulty tho. :?

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 10:47

I did manage to find one solitary save I did before docking the yacht at Grand Exchange, so I did it again and docked at the Royal Boron Station at Kingdom end afterwards. Shortly after doing so I received a message asking me why I hadn't turned up yet. :evil:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 15. Jan 08, 18:49

I think I might know what the problem is now. From your mention of Cyclone's Fury, you're obviously playing XTM. Did you by some chance also add in a mod or script that adds shipyards to your game? I know of one that adds a shipyard to Kingdom End that offers the HQ for sale. If so, then the game is confused about what shipyard you need to dock at, so try finding the other shipyard in KE and docking there. You should get the message you're looking for.

If you didn't add any shipyards to your game, disregard the above. :)

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Sun, 27. Jan 08, 21:10

How can I tell that I have the update? I have played 11 game hours and searched the BBS for it but haven't found it yet (I have the steam version)

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sun, 27. Jan 08, 21:20

You'll be sent a message when you're eligible. IIRC you need to own one station, have at least 5M Cr in your account and be on good terms with Paranid and Boron.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 27. Jan 08, 23:22

If you have Steam then you have Bala Gi--I don't think the game was even released on the Steam platform until 2.0.2, which includes Bala Gi. You could verify that by looking at what version number it shows on the main menu screen (just to the top left of the X3 logo).

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 03:52

Be advised, if you are using a Custom Start from a Mod, Bala Gi will NOT run.

This is not a bug, but a requirement for a very specific map name, X3_universe. Custom starts use a custom map.

Because some custom maps may alter the universe, and remove some 'required' sectors for Bala Gi, the missions will not run.

All the standard starts, including those that can be 'unlocked', will allow Bala Gi to run.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 15:31

Ooooh I forgot about the other requirements v.v
Thanks gu- ppl :)

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 13:17

Nanook wrote:I think I might know what the problem is now. From your mention of Cyclone's Fury, you're obviously playing XTM. Did you by some chance also add in a mod or script that adds shipyards to your game? I know of one that adds a shipyard to Kingdom End that offers the HQ for sale. If so, then the game is confused about what shipyard you need to dock at, so try finding the other shipyard in KE and docking there. You should get the message you're looking for.

If you didn't add any shipyards to your game, disregard the above. :)
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay! There seems to be no extra stations in Kingdom End unfortunately, I will try docking with every station there tho just to make sure. Is there any way to look at the status of the mission from the files within the X3 folder for clues?

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 09:49

Not at the folder but you can see ingame where/what you have to go/do next if you look into your log. Might you should save screen shots from this messages to dont have to search everytime through the whole log.

AV

AlFitz
x3

Post by AlFitz » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 10:30

The last messages I had were to tell me to go to the shipyard in Kingdom End and then the hurry up message, so thats why I'm a bit stuck as the next phase of the missions arent being triggered correctly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”