[SCRIPT] EMP Blast Cannon V1.00 : Update 11/05/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] EMP Blast Cannon V1.00 : Update 11/05/2006

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 06, 21:51

===========================================
Name: X3 Electro-Magnetic Pulse Blast Cannon
Version: V1.00
Author: Cycrow
Updated: 11/05/2006
===========================================

This script adds a new upgrade available to buy from teladi equipment docks, The EMP Blast Cannon

=========================================
:arrow: Requires EMP - SPK Download
:arrow: Download : Mirror 1 : Mirror 2
=========================================

This device allows you to take down enemies shields.
You require the EMP Blast Canno to be installed on your ship as well as the EMP Charges.

Each time you use the EMP, it uses up one charge.
there are 3 types of charges available.
There is a hotkey will fires the weapons and uses the best available charge in your chargo hold.
it send outs an EMP blast in a wave from the ship which damages ships shields within range.
The more powerfull charges will damage more of the ships shields, its capable of damaging all ships within range.

1. Basic EMP Charge - Costs around 100'000 credits each, has a range of 2km
2. Enhanced EMP Charge - Costs around 200'000 credits each, has a range of 1km
3. Advanced EMP Charge - Costs around 500'000 credits each, has a range of 1km

The device nees to be charged between uses, so after you fire you wont be able to use it for another few mnitues

Setting Hotkey: You need to set the hotkey, this is done in the controls menu under the interface tab. set the key for "Fire Electro-Magnetic Pulse"

Uninstalling:

When uninstalling from the Script Manager, you need to run the game after uninstalling so the unisntall scripts can run and remove everything
from the game. After running the game, use the option in the Script Manager to remove these unisntall scripts.

Futre:

* Adding new upgrade, EMP Shielding
* Adding EMP's to NPC ships

Dioltas As Dia
x3

Post by Dioltas As Dia » Thu, 11. May 06, 21:53

wow cycrow you never seem to let up...

seriously, get on to Ego and send in that CV with all these purdy scripts as references :D

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 11. May 06, 22:07

Perhaps you could make the EMP system also have a chance of 'destroying' upgrades and equipment on the target ship. Eg, basic EMP has 25% chance of reducing 25% of engine tunings, etc. I would think this more realistic since an EMP blast in essence attacks computers and other such electronic devices...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 06, 22:11

i was thining of making it distrupt weapons as well, but then i thought it might end up far to powerful

althou having a small chance to destroy various upgrades/tunings might be ok

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Thu, 11. May 06, 22:15

How about making it only destroy semi-essential upgrades, such engine tunings, or fight software, although I don't know if that would make a difference to AI ships. Still, it would mean that when the AI use it it would have a better effect (although I will only be really happy when I see a blue shockwave come out my ship :P :roll: :twisted: )

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 11. May 06, 23:03

you could make it so that it temporaly disrupts all systems of a ship when that ship is hit when its shields are down
would make more sence if you decide to let it afect the intere ship

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 01:34

Excuse me if it's already been asked, but how powerful is each type of charge? As in M7 Hyperion's got 3Gj, most M1's 6Gj, most M2's 9Gj, stations 10Gj...

Which charge to use for what target?

Also, regarding the listed ranges for each charge: do you have to be within that range for it to work?

Thanks,

Hieronymos

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 04:15

well, its a blast from your ship. So if the range is 1km, every ship within 1km of your ship is effected. Also, the amount of damage is dependant on how far they are from your ship, if they are right next to you, then you could knock out most ships shields with the highest charge.

as for the actually values, i really cant remember without looking

Tritous
x3tc

hmmm

Post by Tritous » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 14:32

Question from other thread too...is distance related to ship size? because 1km from the hull of a capital ship is beautiful fighter destruction, but 1km from its centre is a little poor.

An upgraded version for capital ships that can do heavier damage to smaller ships could be desirable? Perhaps even something for M1s only? Pulse then launch. Could be an idea to add items that counteract this or reduce its effect by 50% and link it into your mercinaries guild and especially assassing guild scripts, get those TP's protected.

Another one (you know i don't ask few questions) can you remote activate it? or perhaps an option to "EMP attack Station", "EMP attack Capital Ship". 3-4 good aimed flybys before you charge in would be like a bomber. Risk of it becoming kamekasi, but that is the risk you take
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 14:39

right now its designed only to work on your main ship via the hotkey.

however, i do plan to update it at some point, so the AI will also make use of it in battle and other things.

im also changing the effect so it can disable shields, weapons and other systems for a limited time as well

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 21:50

yeah. A dozen other games have shown the power of being able to stun an enemy for just a few instants.

would be a very very nice thing to try and integrate into TS AI: In case of emergency, before you try anything else fire a pulse to disable the shields, weapons and engines of the enemy for a few seconds then jump out.

Would that have any effect on OOS calculations? I think the best you can do there is unequip weapons for a short period then reequip. In sector that hardly seems elegant enough, perhaps take chunks off laser energy. No idea how you could effect engines though, not unless you can do negative engine tunings
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 16:27

I just downloaden this awsome looking script...

But no Teledi Eq dock seems to have the EMP what did i do wrong?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 20:26

i assume u have the EMP ware mod installed as well, as it uses an EMP ware.

also, do u have any blank wares, or any readtexts in the teladi eq ?

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 21:16

Yes i have the EMP installed...

And know there are no blank fields...

I tried every Eq of the teladi now and still i cant find anything. But i can say that it is installed properly because i see the ''Fire EMP cannon'' button in the interface tab.

drudude1983

mirrors arent working

Post by drudude1983 » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 01:05

hey man just thought id let u know that u mirrors for ur emp blast cannon arent working just blank pages

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 02:55

the main page should be working hopefully.

i need to change my mirrors over at some point, just not got round to doing them all yet

LokRar

Post by LokRar » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 10:16

Cycrow wrote:the main page should be working hopefully.

i need to change my mirrors over at some point, just not got round to doing them all yet
Its kinda annoying though Cycrow, to try and look for your scripts, and only find half of them because some of your links are dead :oops:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 11:23

well im working on getting a new site setup. The problem was they were too popular and using up all my monthly bandwidth so the site kept getting closed

dcmwai

Remove EMP?

Post by dcmwai » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 15:33

My EMP is always not responding...

Anyway I can remove this script?

I couldn't find the uninstall script as per said...

Please help.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”