[Script][V1.0] FBBK - Free Stock Exchange of the Boron Territories

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script][V1.0] FBBK - Free Stock Exchange of the Boron Territories

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 01:04

FBBK - Free Stock Exchange (final)
The Free Stock Exchange is a stock exchange where the player can trade with small parts of other companies of the X-Universe. If that company does good business, the value of your stock rises, if the company enters a crisis or gets into trouble, the value drops. Who to some extent knows whether the prices of the products of this company are rather high or rather low, whether the are rather many or rather few concurrents in the specific area, can conclude what he can expect.

The interaction software is started over the command console of each player station. After a short loading time at the first start, you enter a menu to buy and sell stock. For buying stock, you are offered a list of special packets that you can choose from. There are two types of companies: Real companies, that represent all their losses and gains in the stock value, and fonds, which define their economic situation mainly over the number of the products their members have stored in their cargo bays. Investing in fonds is usually less risky, but the companies can nevertheless throw off much profit in short time, if one choses the correct time (or even intervenes actively).

Note: In the first minutes, the prices vary a lot, here the chance of a high profit is given, as is the risk to lose money right at the beginning. Ideally, you first wait some time for stabilization - if however you wait too long, an offer will disappear, also, for performance increase, courses will not continue changing if you do not own stock.

------------------------------Interface-Screenshots (thumbnails, German Version):------------------------------
Opening Screen - Main menu
[ external image ] [ external image ]
stock offers - news in player log
[ external image ] [ external image ]
Infoterminal: description of FBBK and companies
[ external image ]

Direct Download V1.0
[ external image ]

Script-Infos:
The download file (.zip) consists of a text file (448753), 7 script files, an uninstall-file and two readmes. A .spk-Datei für Cycrow's Script Installer is included. All in all, the file is about 105KB.

Resources:
Text 8753
Command 1152

DE
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sat, 4. Oct 08, 19:39, edited 2 times in total.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 07:31

Impressive. Someone else was working on a stock exchange for X3; very ambitious, but I'm not sure he finished it.

With this, there is a dat file in the same folder as the spk. Do you have to do anything with that dat file? Or, just install the spk in the usual fashion?

Can't wait to play with this. Nice job, again, very impressive.

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 10:05

Great script! It add risk and opportunities. But what I really like with your FSE is that it gives you the feeling of a living economy.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 10:56

russbo wrote:With this, there is a dat file in the same folder as the spk. Do you have to do anything with that dat file?
I really don't know what the .dat-file is meant to do. Just ignore it... I'll ask Cycrow.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 22:17

Now I know what the .dat-file is meant to be: It contains data for the auto-update function. I hate programs that download stuff from the internet on their own, so I do not support this function. Just delete it, or leave it.

btw: Mirror added - the old one was broken. Maybe it'll be fixed later.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 8. Nov 07, 15:58

Love this script. I wish making money and manipulating stock markets would be this easy in real life. :D Makes you treat the factories differently. I think im going to spice up family rhy:s factories a bit... Right after i get most of their stocks of course.

How about adding a little bit of Option ARM loans and bad subprime mortgages to spice things up, eh? :P Would make you feel just like home.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 00:22

SymTec ltd. wrote:Now I know what the .dat-file is meant to be: It contains data for the auto-update function. I hate programs that download stuff from the internet on their own, so I do not support this function. Just delete it, or leave it.

btw: Mirror added - the old one was broken. Maybe it'll be fixed later.
incase u havn't figured it out yet, u can disable the creation of the dat file in the options of the Packager ;)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 17:24

Cycrow wrote:incase u havn't figured it out yet, u can disable the creation of the dat file in the options of the Packager ;)
Thanks for pointing that out to me, I had actually not found this yet. :)

nitromethane
x3tc

?

Post by nitromethane » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 01:45

How long does it take for new stocks to be offered for sale after ive bought and sold the 8 or 10 that were avaliable the sell page is empty.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 01:59

A while... :roll:

I really can't tell. Just wait. Investment is a long-term action and should not be done with too much time pressure. :)

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 13:47

Well hope so. i do a bit of real life stock trading and it's tough to predict where the stock value is going especialy if you try to make quick profits.

Hope the variations slow down soon. No point in holding stocks for too long unless you decide to develop some area or manipulate the stock.

Great script anyways, some german talks like alles and teiles and verkaufen can be seen.

Edit: Hey now i know whats missing. Comission fees. its easy to just buy and sell because ther are no middle hands taking their fees. This should be implemented so that you will generate loss if you simply buy and dump stock all the time. Holding stock should be encouraged, right?

Edit2: Dividends? where are they? you should get dividends paid to your account every hour or day according to how the company is doing. P/E value should be 10-15 maybe so the stock doesnt pay its value back right away.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 14:45

Here you see that the main focus of my developing has been set on GUI, not on calculation. Some more logical / RL-oriented routines are really necessary for a professional stock script. But there has not been a lot going on after release anyways, and I just do not have time to bring every single one of my scripts to perfection. :roll:

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sat, 10. Nov 07, 22:35

Yes of course.

buut in case you want to add more features someday... :D

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 15. Nov 07, 14:09

Not much to buy here. :(

The only stocks i get offered are MC Cahoona, Family Rhy, Teladi Profit and Teladianium.

Buy stocks is always empty, unless i sell of some of the above which i have done.

Oh well, i would like to increase holdings on family rhy before i start to develop their sectors but i guess there arent that many stock packages floating around?

Also the company listing is full of companies yet theese same companies only get presented, regardless of where i am in the space or what station i initiate the fbbk terminal from?

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 11:59

Not working. No other choice but uninstall this script now.

I have not been offered to buy anything for a very very long time. it mattered not that i sold away a little bit of my own stock all the time. Now i sold the rest of Family Ryks stock. Now i stand in a deadeye situation. nothing to sell, nothing to buy.

:cry:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”