[Script] Remaining Missile Counter [V 1.00]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-Dusty-
x3tc

[Script] Remaining Missile Counter [V 1.00]

Post by -Dusty- » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 17:19

Readme wrote:
[ external image ]Description:
This small Script shows the remaining amount of missiles in your cargo bay by pressing a hotkey. The message is displayed in the game's subtitles.

[ external image ]Requirements:
X3 - Reunion
Active ScriptEditor

[ external image ]Installation:
Copy all files located in "scripts" folder into the "scripts"-folder in your X3-Directory. Same with all t-files - copy them from "t" to "t".

Alternatively, use Cycrow's Plugin Manager, and double-click on "Plugin.Dy.RMC.spk".

You have to enable the ScriptEditor. Change the player's name to "Thereshallbewings" (without " ). The name will be resetted to your old setting. Now save your game and reload.
Note: Activating the Script Editor will create a ***modified*** in your game statistics!

When installed, go to options/controls/interface. Scroll down to "Extensions" and set a hotkey for "Remaining Missile Counter".
Then activate the subtitles. Go to Options/Audio and set "Show Subtitles" to "Yes".

[ external image ]Uninstall:
Open the ScriptEditor, scroll down, select the file "uninstall.plugin.dy.rmc", press "r", and press enter twice.

[ external image ]Use
Press the hotkey, and the remaining amount of the currently installed missile type is displayed in the subtitles.
Script can display 0-9993 missiles. Pressing the Hotkey again will deactivate the Counter.

[ external image ]Information:
Version: 1.00
Date: 18.10.2007
Author: -Dusty-
Script Idea: Alkali

Text files:
448849.xml
498849.xml

PageID:

Command Slots:
-none-

Used Tasks:

[ external image ]Contact:
dusty@dustyplace.ch

Have Fun. Comments are desired :)
Last edited by -Dusty- on Sun, 21. Oct 07, 22:42, edited 2 times in total.

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Post by Senator Vrax » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 17:48

Working very nicely. 8) 8)

...and the subtitles stay visible long enough for you to scroll thru your entire inventory. Nice job Dusty. :thumb_up:

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 20:17

And the scripteditor won't mess the game up?

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Post by Senator Vrax » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 20:22

repatomonor21 wrote:And the scripteditor won't mess the game up?
In a word, no.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 22:08

repatomonor21 wrote:And the scripteditor won't mess the game up?
activating the script editor will mark your game as modified.

Whether this messes up your game will depend on which scripts you then try and run. there is always the possibility, but most won't cause too much trouble.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 23:07

Dusty you're my savior man, awesome work. And thanks to Alkali for posting the idea. You never seem to know how badly you need something until you get it heh.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 23:34

Dusty, would much speak against having the script just run global and show the new subtitle everytime the selected missile's number decreases, and everytime a new missile type is selected? This would save one hotkey and enable a much more intuitive feeling.

Why not just make it an AL-Plugin? :wink:

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 00:14

SymTec ltd. wrote:Dusty, would much speak against having the script just run global and show the new subtitle everytime the selected missile's number decreases, and everytime a new missile type is selected? This would save one hotkey and enable a much more intuitive feeling.
Not a bad Idea... but with (small) disadvantages. Imagine you're right in the middle of a fight against some... Xenon, whatever, and you're not sure if there's one hammerdhead left in your cargo bay or two. You had to switch through all missile types to get the information, or to fire one of the hammerheads. Not very convenient...

And maybe you don't always want to see when the number of missiles decreases/increases, especially aside from bigger battles.
SymTec ltd. wrote:Why not just make it an AL-Plugin? :wink:
You're not the first one who suggests me an AL-Script :D
But regarding that this is just a Mini-Script, I can't see a real advantage in making that AL-Script.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 01:46

I'm not sure if this is fixable or not but the missile counter is multiplying the quantity on hand by the volume size of the missile (ie Silkworm has a volume of 2 so if I have 100 missiles then the counter says I have 200).

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 02:02

:oops:

Damned.

Fixed now - Please download the Script again, overwrite the old files, and restart the counter by pressing the hotkey.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 02:10

Also it seems to either cut off or remove entirely most of the computer's voice messages (ie selecting a gate/ship/base etc.).

Thx for the fast fix (why are my smilie links broken :( ).

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 02:20

Do you miss Betty's beautiful voice? ^^

Anyway, updated once again.
I didn't know that negative priorities are possible :o

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 02:42

As you speak german...:
Eine Priorität ist in MSCI-Scripts eine Zahl von -2.147.483.647 bis 2.147.483.647[...], so it can be negative, too. (Does it matter that it's a quote from my own article?)

However, nice work. You know my opinion of this script ^^

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 8. Mar 08, 08:44

Just an idea, why not make new hotkeys for firemissile and select missile, ones that use the missile counting system. This way its an "active" counter (at least in battle it is, short of you loosing wares to damage) and it should be relatively simple to do.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 23:38

Sounds like a great idea, but when I click any of the links, I get a page with a little button at the top, no dl..nothing, I got to be doing something wrong here..lol.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”