[SCRIPT} B O F Collect Astronauts

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

B-O'F
x3tc

[SCRIPT} B O F Collect Astronauts

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 13. Aug 06, 17:58

Hi,

A possibly useful script for some people.

From the readme:-

Code: Select all

B O F Collect Astronauts 2006/08/13

So, you have had a good time, killed a few baddies. Or, even better, forced them to bail.

Then you went and claimed the 'donated' ships (hopefully with my SOS Claim or SOS Claim and Dock).

You, or one of your ships, have picked up all the 'goodies' lying around.

All in all, very profitable.

But it could be even more profitable

What about the pilots that bailed, they are worth money. Oops, you have lost some profitsss.

With this new software, you, or one of your ships, can 'rescue' them - but only if you have a Cargo Lifesupport System fitted in the ship - to keep them alive.

One unfortunate aspect of this rescue is a downgrading in status from Pilot, but it is certain that any Pirate Base will welcome them back with open arms, and even better, with open wallet. Yes, they will give you a reward for returning their lost brethren - normally around 1400 Cr. 

Use:
Any of your ships (including the one you are piloting) equipped with the Cargo Lifesupport System will have a new option in the Piracy menu - Collect Astronauts.

All you do is to select this option, and the ship will travel towards the astronaut in the sector. When within range, it will pick him up.

Normally the range is about 500m, but if a Transporter Device is fitted, the range is 5km.

When the astronaut is picked up, the ship will look around for another astronaut in the sector, and proceed to pick him up as well.

This will continue until there are no more astronauts in the sector, or you run out of cargo space.

You will be kept informed of the success or failure of the operation by temporary messages - you can read them, but they are not put into your logbook (no incriminating evidence)...

It is probably safer to get one of your other ships to 'rescue' the astronaut, as on the way to the Pirate Base to return him to his brethren you may get stopped by the Police. The Police do not like you to 'rescue' pilots and return them to their natural habitat, and it will cost you your license (if you have one), as well as the loss of the reward.

Enjoy,

Boron Ol Fh'art

Contents:
448892.xml..........................t file
bof.collect.astronaut.xml...........the main script
setup.bof.collect.astronaut.xml.....setup script

Uses:
Command slot -  633 - COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_33
Page id      -  8892
Text id      -  8892
Available here:-
.zip version
.spk version

Enjoy,

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 06:01

Good Idea this. I tend to have alot of floaters in systems without stations that need rescuing. :twisted:
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Wed, 3. Jan 07, 11:12

Or they are claustrophobic and need a bit of vacuum to get back to normal...

nitromethane
x3tc

Collect astronauts

Post by nitromethane » Sat, 29. Sep 07, 21:55

Does anyone know if there is a script to collect astronauts like wares?

nitromethane
x3tc

thanks

Post by nitromethane » Sat, 29. Sep 07, 22:45

thanks carlos thats exactly what im looking for it will go with my hcf quite well in xtm

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 00:27

Hi
This script is coll, but would have a way of instead of transforming they into slaves, them was pilots of the ships that I bought?

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 01:14

Hi jacare,

Glad that you like the script.

Sorry, but it appears to be hardcoded that any collected Astro becomes a slave, and requires Cargo Lifesupport system to stay alive.. when 'rescued' they seem to lose all their flying skills...

I suppose that it would be possible to write extra scripts to retrain slaves to pilots... but I do not have time to do that at the moment, maybe someone else would like to pick up the work as it woud be a shame to lose such a good idea - or you could wait a couple of years until I finish my current work.

Watch out for the next Bonus Pack (I do not know when it is due) as there is currently an updated version in it - but things can change.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Rheinlander
x4

Post by Rheinlander » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 04:41

Hah, this is awesome. I was just thinking that there needed to be a script for this earlier while cleaning up the aftermath of yet another pirate incursion to Elena's Fortune (nine astronauts, all bailed from pirate ships). I'm glad to see this, thank you.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 04:50

hehe...I went to a pirate sector...and just cleaned house....after thier largest capable ship fell they all pretty much baild like flys...was kinda funny...good thing i had that "collect fighter drones" one too...they left about 100 or so fighter drons out thier unattended...so i kinda went ahead and cleaned thoes up (damnd pirates always making a mess and not cleanning up after them selves...)...this stuff kicks some serious rear end :D
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 30. Sep 07, 14:47

Oh dear, what have I done wrong.. two more people like this script.. Oh well, back to the drawing board..... May you both make much profitss, and make sure that I get more than my fair share...

@ defiant1 - I see that you are using the Drones Plus version, the Plus gets me some credits when you 'convert' the spare drones .. thank you for your donations to the Help Make the Ol Fh'art Even Richer Fund (or whatever name it is using now), all contributions are gratefully received and swiftly stuck under the mattress.. don't want the tax man to see .. but it does make the mattress rather lumpy....

Boron - Old Fh'art

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 08:00

B-O'F wrote:Boron - Old Fh'art
Sounds similar to a name I have for a character in Eve: Fartracker

I'll leave it up to you to define WHERE the space should have been, as it seems to drive the Evites nuts, to the point of asking me. :)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 08:17

LOL!!!!!...well BOF...id rather "pay" a few creds and have the ability to clean up other peoples messes...hey I get "free" drones anyways and I dont have to pay full price either...

Now only if i had a big garbage barge like ship to use for clean up duty...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 1. Oct 07, 11:50

Hi defiant1,

I find that my LX Luxury Cruiser is great for collecting (and obtaining) donations. The 2 billion XL cargo bay helps - I can't help being a hoarder, and collecting anything I find .. it also helps to keep the X-Universe tidy - when the space dust disperses.

@Jakesnake5: I like the name, sounds like mine - and I don't mean the written versions (apart from written in the wind) of either.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

rb
x3tc

Post by rb » Mon, 28. Apr 08, 19:26

Hi
Why not collect Pirate pilots official and then take them to "Prison"
(special area in Trading Stations) and get the rewards for them 8). Because for what else you have got a Policelicence :wink:

(It's a very long time ago since my last English lessons (nearly 30 Years). So my apologize for my English isn't so well.:oops:)

rb

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 09:16

Hi rb,

No problem with your English, it is good.

There is a big problem with taking captured pirates to a prison or trade dock for a reward - none of this exists in the game. This means that everything would have to be written as scripts or Mission Director scripts. I think that it would be possible - but a lot of work, and I do not intend doing all that work..... too many other things to do.

Maybe someone else will take this on...

Boron - Ol Fh'art

rb
x3tc

Post by rb » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 20:46

Hi B-O'F

B-O'F
Maybe someone else will take this on...
I hope so. I am working on this idea in the german forum too.

rb

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Wed, 30. Apr 08, 09:42

Hi rb,

Then I wish you the best of luck.

If you want to use any of my scripts (or parts of them) then you are free to do so.

Have fun,

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”