[Script][V1.0] ShipFactory - Ship-/Station Factory

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script][V1.0] ShipFactory - Ship-/Station Factory

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 12:42

Ship-/Station Factory V1.0 (final)
The Ship-/Station Factory is able to build ships and stations, using easily available resources.

[ external image ] _ [ external image ]

When first selecting this command, a ship- and station factory is built into any station. All other production facilities are being removed for this. Ship and Station Components are created from ECs, Ore and Rastar Oil, which can be assembled to any space ship or station later. With selecting a ship (one you already own), a new one of this type is created inside the factory or next to it. Stations will be loaded into any nearby TL that has got the command Standby.

Download V1.0
[ external image ]

Script-Info
Textfile: 448769.xml
Other files:
1 Setup-Script
2 Plugins
Commandslot: 1121
STL EasyCommandChange (DE)

Attention: This script renames the Laser of any Lasertower. This does not affect the use, but can have an influence on modded games (XTM).

DE
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sat, 4. Oct 08, 21:12, edited 2 times in total.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 13:49

Very interesting , looks like a better, easier PHQ

Could you give more details ? (building times, costs ... )

Thanks in advance
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 13:56

Wow... nice work :P, ill test it with XTM as soon as im finished tweeking my TP naming system :P fantastic idea neway (i dont get along with shipyards)... does it spawn ships in space nearby when its finished?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 13:57

Ikaruga wrote:Very interesting , looks like a better, easier PHQ

Could you give more details ? (building times, costs ... )

Thanks in advance
I'll do some example-tests today - costs:

- 1.000.000 Cr for every factory you convert into a ship factory
- Material costs that even up to the normal price of any ship

Info:

Code: Select all

Factory M: Amount Price - Cycle time: 2:00min
Ship parts:   240  64 cr
ECs:           60  16 cr
Rastar Oil:     6 484 cr
Ore:           10 128 cr

=> 7.200 parts/h

Needed:       parts time (for one M factory)
Colossus: 1.726.142 239.7h
Hyperion:   636.508  88.4h
Centaur:    152.762  21.2h
Eclipse:     84.019  11.7h
Nova:        31.582   4.4h
Vulture SF:  24.951   3.5h
Demeter:      2.715   1.0h

Ore Mine M:   8.656   1.2h
This is not really an "easier" PHQ, but one that can
a) produce factories
b) be used more than once
c) be connected to a big complex (after converting the stations!)

This way, you can be independent from any race and shipyard, as long as you have got enough money (and enough time). ;)

Osiris_sam wrote:does it spawn ships in space nearby when its finished?
Yes.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 15:35

Ok, I got it.

That looks really useful !!!

If i understand correctly, it works like this :

1) Convert your factory in a shipbuilding factory (costs one million)

2) Supply this factory with ECells, Rastar Oil and Ore, and it will produce ship parts

3) Convert ship parts into ships (or stations)

Please correct me if i'm wrong

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 16:04

Correct. ;)

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 16:30

Ok thanks, downloading your script now

Testing it tonight

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 2. Jul 07, 22:01

Poll added. :)

wiz555
x3tc

Post by wiz555 » Mon, 2. Jul 07, 23:41

Above you mention Xtm, but is this scrpit compatible with xtm? and if not would you mind making a compatible version for xtm?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 14:29

wiz555 wrote:Above you mention Xtm, but is this scrpit compatible with xtm? and if not would you mind making a compatible version for xtm?
I guess it is. But as XTM shuffled around the TWares, and could even use these lasertower-lasers as normal wares, I cannot be sure until someone tested it. :roll: :)

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 10:24

Tested your script and really liked it ^^ !

Much more easier to handle than the PHQ because it can be built in a complex, so you don't have to manually use a TS to go from your complexes to your PHQ.

But, it's a bit too easy : only Ore, Oil an ECells. You should add more conditions.

And I noticed something strange : I created a mrecury Tanker with 8 000 parts, and sold if for 280 000 creds

I created 8 Jaguars Raiders with 8 000 parts and sold them for 50 000 creds each = 400 000 creds ...

:roll:

Great script anyway, very pleasant to use

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 16:09

Ikaruga wrote:Tested your script and really liked it ^^ !

Much more easier to handle than the PHQ because it can be built in a complex, so you don't have to manually use a TS to go from your complexes to your PHQ.

But, it's a bit too easy : only Ore, Oil an ECells. You should add more conditions.

And I noticed something strange : I created a mrecury Tanker with 8 000 parts, and sold if for 280 000 creds

I created 8 Jaguars Raiders with 8 000 parts and sold them for 50 000 creds each = 400 000 creds ...

:roll:

Great script anyway, very pleasant to use
Oh well, I can surely make it harder...

So, you can actually earn money with this?? I immediately have to stop that exploit. :roll:

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Fri, 6. Jul 07, 00:57

This sounds prett-damned hardcore, Symtec, and certainly a lot easier than using Shovinus's Shipyards.

Though I confess I still will, 'cos I like 'em.

May I make a small suggestion or two?

1) Would it be possible to ensure that the "Convert Station to Shipyard" command, or whatever the command that sets up this thing, is an option that only appears on ONE type of station?

I don't really care which station that is, but it seems to me that this fauture ought to be something quite exclusive to a particular station - not really suitable for EVERY station type. My idea, you see, is that I'd clone a factory in my TFactories file, then assign it to use a custom model, and then only that TYPE could ever perform these tasks. Altering the relevant line in the script would ensure that it referenced the correct factory entry.

Now, I appreciate this would mean that you can't cater for different mods - as every mod has a different TFactories file, and all the reference IDs are different as a result...

...but would you at least be willing to help me(and potentially anyone else who wanted to make this feature more exclusive) understand how one could ensure that this particular command were to show up for only one particular station type? Just as Shovinus' SY Manager only shows up on SYs.

Would that be ok?

2) Do think you might ever give any thought to the idea of creating a way in which the player could run a commercial SY like the AI does?

Ie. factories and ships produced by the station are created as WARES or products inside it, rather than as stuff you can use. Well, you could load the factories aboard your TLs I suppose, but ships are just useless wares(class Tiny) that don't function.

It'd need an AL Plugin, but my thought was this:

Your Station keeps on producing these products indefinitely for as long as it has the resources. These ships(which are wares), serve no purpose because you can't launch them, BUT periodically(the better your notoriety, the more frequently this happens), those wares vanish and are replaced by AI-owned ships spawned just outside the station - your notoriety determines which Race owns 'em - and you are given the credits for this.

Effectively, you've just produced, say, a Nova at your factory, and the AI has just bought it and is flying away with it.

This means that you, the player, can do precisely what the AI has always done, but in reverse - ie. ships you produce are sold at point of production, rather than you having to fly them to the point of sale(ie. an AI shipyard).

The AI already does it - YOU buy ships from THEIR SYs, but even with a PHQ or Shovinus' SY it's never been possible to simulate that transaction in reverse.

What do you think?

Just an idea or two for you there.

As it stands though, it looks like a great script already, and I look forward to testing it out.

Thanks.

Adam. :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 6. Jul 07, 15:08

1) It would most certainly be possible to limit the command to certain stations. But I won't clone a TStations-file, because that would mean I'd create a mod, not a script, with all the disadvantages connected to this. I also would not like to limit the use to ony a few stations, as long as I do not have any reasons to do so.

What one could do is to add a "select"-script. This is pretty easy if you know what you are doing.

2) There are several problems with "commercial" Shipyards: Not only are the real shipyards hardcoded and not easy to replicate, but it is also hard to find a use to this new ships, as the normally used ships are spawned at shipyards via unaccessible jobroutines. So, the ships sold by this shipyard can neither really be stored as normal ships, nor can they work as normal ships later - all the possible gain in atmosphere would be lost immediately.

This script is a 4-file script of the most simple kind. It is possible to add to it, using more complicated algorithms. But this is connected to an overproportional amount of work, and other projects are waiting on me as well. ;)

Cyberblaster
x3

Post by Cyberblaster » Sun, 8. Jul 07, 21:12

which stations do you recommend to use for this i have tried a couple and they don't hold enough parts. Enless i'm missing something..

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 8. Jul 07, 22:39

Basically, all stations are the same in means of their capacity, only that M-stations can hold twice as much, L-stations 5 times as much, and XL-stations 10 times as much Constrcution Parts as S-stations. This means that you have to connect several (already converted!) factories to a complex to get the possibility to build all ships.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sat, 14. Jul 07, 11:23

Do you plan to make a new, "harder" version of this script ?

With, let's say, more different wares to get to build a ship (teladianium, quantum tubes, ...) and more parts needed ?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 14. Jul 07, 11:56

I do indeed plan on doing so - it' just that I have two more upcoming script releases before I can go back improving my old scripts.

FritzHugo3
x4

Post by FritzHugo3 » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 21:38

hi symTec, aus irgendeinem grund kann ich dir keine PM schreiben, habs schon zwei drei mal versucht, in der liste unsignierte erweiterungen ist ein Link falsch gesetzt, der autor verwies mich auf dich, wieso auch immer?

"hu hu, bei dem schiffs und stationsfabrik script wird derzeit auf die englische version gelinkt, der deutsche ist http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183612"
Ich fordere mehr und vorallem gerechtere Verteilung von Keksen und Süßkram für die "Magischen 20"! Daher wählen Sie jetzt die DPFGKV, die Deutsche Partei für gerechtere Keks - Verteilung!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 23:08

FritzHugo3 wrote:hi symTec, aus irgendeinem grund kann ich dir keine PM schreiben, habs schon zwei drei mal versucht, in der liste unsignierte erweiterungen ist ein Link falsch gesetzt, der autor verwies mich auf dich, wieso auch immer?

"hu hu, bei dem schiffs und stationsfabrik script wird derzeit auf die englische version gelinkt, der deutsche ist http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183612"
Thanks - I guess this would have been the proper place to ask, but I found what you meant and fixed it.

Maybe my PM-Inbox is full - although nobody complained yet. :roll:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”