[Bonus Plugin] Scrap Ship at Player HQ

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Scrap Ship at Player HQ

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 13. Jun 07, 16:32

Name: Scrap Ship at Player HQ
Version: 2.04
Date: 28.04.2007
Scripter: eladan
  1. Overview:

As well as being able to produce brand new ships, the Headquarters also has a scrapyard facility that allows you to recoup some of the materials used in the construction of ships.

When docked at your HQ each of your ships will have 2 Special commands available to them. One will request an estimation of the materials likely to be recovered from scraping a ship as well as the time it's likely to take. The other orders the HQ to scrap the ship

Reporting approx. Build/RE costs:

Shortly after starting this command on a ship you will receive a report from the Chief mechanic that details the likely resources and time needed to build or reverse engineer a ship of this type.

Scrapping a Ship:

To scrap a ship at the HQ the ship must be docked at the HQ. A Special command is then available which orders the HQ to scrap the ship, recovering as much of the raw materials as possible. The amount of materials recovered is roughly the same as the quantities required to build the ship. The actual amounts vary from ship to ship and are always less than the resources that went into the ship in the first place.

When the process begins the contents of the ship's cargobay are emptied into the HQ's holding bays. If there's not enough space for all of it, the process is stopped and a message will be sent to you informing you of the problem.

The process will also be interupted if the ship is moved, or if the engineers discover that there won't be enough room in the HQ's storage bays for all the recovered materials. In these situations you will be informed of the problem.

If the process is interupted it can simply be restarted by running the Scrap ship command again. The process will then restart from the begining.

GermanicHeathen

X3 Bonus pack - scrap ships at HQ - how?

Post by GermanicHeathen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 09:36

Seriously, how do I do it? I've checked the extended commands of both ship and HQ, no option there. I've checked the installed extensions list of the ship, no entry. How does that thing work? If I understood the readme correctly there's supposed to be some extra commands available to ships docked at the HQ, no?
My God carries a hammer.
Your God died nailed to a cross.

Any questions?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 10:44

When ships are docked at HQ you should have a 'Scrap Ship' option in special commandsfor the ship.

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 11:09

That would be the very same "special command" slots that (among other things) offer the remote transporter device activation, right? If so... I got a problem. Nothing to see in there. :?
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 11:29

It can't be your ship - the ship you're piloting, that is. But it should appear in the special command menu of any of your other ships when they're docked at the hq.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 11:37

GermanicHeathen wrote:That would be the very same "special command" slots that (among other things) offer the remote transporter device activation, right? If so... I got a problem. Nothing to see in there. :?
No - RTD is in additional commands.

'Special commands' is on the main command menu. It's possible you might need to have Special Command Software installed.

EDIT: Works without SCS installed

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 12:34

Carlo the Curious wrote: No - RTD is in additional commands.
Where you see the options for the best buy locator et al, yes? Also no luck there. :(

(Unfortunately I'm at work right now, or else I'd gladly check it out one more time just to be sure)
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 13:04

Possibly worth reinstalling the script pack. Do you happen to be running any scripts/mods?

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 13:07

Nothing besides the bonus pack (and Bala Gi). Straight vanilla game, non-plot.
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 13:17

Should be there then. No upgrades are required in order for the command to appear (wouldn't make sense for it to require upgrades.) My post above mentioned the only requirements for the command to appear. As long as the script was chosen for installation, and you meet those requirements, you should see the command. As I said, see if reinstallation makes it visible.

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 15:10

Yup, will have to try that. Sometime in the upcoming days (low priority currently) :)
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 17:32

GermanicHeathen wrote:Where you see the options for the best buy locator et al, yes? Also no luck there. :(
Still no :p. That's in the main ship console (or possibly the iconic menu, but you can't access that for a docked ship unless you're in it, in which case Scrap Ship won't work anyway).

If you select a ship from the landed ships list and hit 'c', that is the ship command console I'm referring to. Looks like this. 'Scrap ship' should be under 'Special...'.

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 21:04

I guess we need some gesture support for differentiating between the menus then... like, you mean the "c" command console you rub your nose, you mean the iconic menu you jump up and down... :lol:

Seriously, right after posting this I'll reboot from operating system back into M$ and check it out :roll:
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 22:45

*rubs nose while stroking head in a circular motion, jumps up and down, and falls over*

Clearly the ship command console accessed via the icons! :p

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 02:37

Carlo the Curious wrote:
GermanicHeathen wrote:Where you see the options for the best buy locator et al, yes? Also no luck there. :(
Still no :p. That's in the main ship console (or possibly the iconic menu, but you can't access that for a docked ship unless you're in it, in which case Scrap Ship won't work anyway).

If you select a ship from the landed ships list and hit 'c', that is the ship command console I'm referring to. Looks like this. 'Scrap ship' should be under 'Special...'.
Good catch, Carlo - I must have been asleep when I read that...

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 05:39

Of course if it's under "special" I wonder if you in fact need the special software to use it? :P

Seriously now, I think I have found out what's going on...

...granted that I followed a link posted in another forum toward the bonus pack download, but it did point toward the Egosoft site... only that (as I realized about two minutes ago) it linked me to version .5 instead of .6. :evil:

(Now think about that on your own when you've gone to "the original site" for all you can tell!)

Downloaded V .6 now. Will have to wait until the evening to try it out, but somehow I'm confident it will work this time... :roll:
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 05:49

GermanicHeathen wrote:Of course if it's under "special" I wonder if you in fact need the special software to use it? :P
:roll: Good point... :)

You, of course, are joking, but for anyone else who reads that, no - you don't need special command software to run it. :wink:
...granted that I followed a link posted in another forum toward the bonus pack download, but it did point toward the Egosoft site... only that (as I realized about two minutes ago) it linked me to version .5 instead of .6. :evil:

(Now think about that on your own when you've gone to "the original site" for all you can tell!)

Downloaded V .6 now. Will have to wait until the evening to try it out, but somehow I'm confident it will work this time... :roll:
Heh, yep, that'll do it. Hope it works for you this time.

GermanicHeathen

Post by GermanicHeathen » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 08:15

Just couldn't hold myself back and tried it out the very seconds before I absolutely had to leave for work - yep - now all running fine :wink:
My God carries a hammer.

Any questions?

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Sat, 15. Sep 07, 19:35

anyone know if this script also salvages when used on a mobile ship that does RE (Goner Aran (XTM), for example)?

Matt Armada
x4

Post by Matt Armada » Sat, 15. Sep 07, 21:52

I dont believe it does but...hmm...damn, this is a really good question....I'll test it but i dont beleive it does, because the Goner Aran is NOT defined as a HQ

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”