NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bantamoog

Post by Bantamoog » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 18:33

Anyone ever put their HQ in Presidents umm dang forget the full name it is east of HOL and has all the dead stations in there. May not be a good place I suppose because lack of resources.

I don't know where to put it thought about Ore Belt also... or just place it in Argon Prime but it is getting to be a busy place.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 19:33

Caldric wrote:Going off on someone for using the word Client is a bit much.
Once again, please read my post again; I did not "go off on" the poster concerned. I simply did my best to answer a poster that seemed confused and had posted in a thread that appeared to be unrelated to their question. For reference we have many people who come here thinking, for some reason, that the game is multi-player and it did not seem unreasonable, especially given the way the post was phrased, to assume this was such a person.

Now, is there any chance this thread could get back on-topic? If you have further comments you wish to address to me, or to other moderators, then you are more than welcome to drop us a PM.

Atmus
x2

Post by Atmus » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 06:02

So, uh... towing stations through gates! Does it work with mines also? :mrgreen:

Caldric
x3

Post by Caldric » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 06:35

CBJ wrote:
Caldric wrote:Going off on someone for using the word Client is a bit much.
Once again, please read my post again; I did not "go off on" the poster concerned. I simply did my best to answer a poster that seemed confused and had posted in a thread that appeared to be unrelated to their question. For reference we have many people who come here thinking, for some reason, that the game is multi-player and it did not seem unreasonable, especially given the way the post was phrased, to assume this was such a person.

Now, is there any chance this thread could get back on-topic? If you have further comments you wish to address to me, or to other moderators, then you are more than welcome to drop us a PM.
Good enough wasn't my business to start with I should have kept my comments to myself.

Great update to the game though quiet impressive for a company to continue to support in such a fashion.

Caldric
x3

Post by Caldric » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 06:37

Atmus wrote:So, uh... towing stations through gates! Does it work with mines also? :mrgreen:
Any idea how to load the HQ onto a hired ship?

Not sure if I messed up by buying the microchips in a small ship and finishing the mission.

Now it says I can pick up my HQ "here".

I looked through thread but don't see anything about this.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 12:21

Just show up at the shipyard with a TL (your's or hired).
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Elkor

Post by Elkor » Tue, 12. Jun 07, 21:09

Hi,I have a problem with reputation.I'm tring get higher rep with paranid by trade.I'm watching the Pilot-Statistic.My rep is now Paranid Shameless Nomad 0%.After a few minutes it is go up to 5% but in a second it go down back to 0%.So i cant get higher rep then 0.Is it a bug or what.PLS help.

moggy2
x3ap

Re: Reputation

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 12. Jun 07, 21:24

Elkor wrote:Hi,I have a problem with reputation.I'm tring get higher rep with paranid by trade.I'm watching the Pilot-Statistic.My rep is now Paranid Shameless Nomad 0%.After a few minutes it is go up to 5% but in a second it go down back to 0%.So i cant get higher rep then 0.Is it a bug or what.PLS help.
It's not a bug, it's part of the plot.

The Paranid have closed their sectors to all non-paranid. You'll have to finish the plot to solve this problem.

Elkor

Post by Elkor » Tue, 12. Jun 07, 21:55

Thank you

Central Scrutinizer
x3tc

Post by Central Scrutinizer » Mon, 16. Jul 07, 22:58

Bantamoog wrote:Anyone ever put their HQ in Presidents umm dang forget the full name it is east of HOL and has all the dead stations in there. May not be a good place I suppose because lack of resources.

I don't know where to put it thought about Ore Belt also... or just place it in Argon Prime but it is getting to be a busy place.
I put mine there, there are a couple of asteroids for starting up a small complex there, mine is making microchips for repairs and shipbuilding at the HQ, and the ore/silicon, energy cells, etc from the complex are close by when needed as well. Its probably not the best location, but its close to jumpdrives in home of light, lots of weapons and resources are available in nearby sectors if needed, and I just like the look of the sector with all the station skeletons lying around. I already had some patrols moving through that sector sweeping for pirates so its pretty safe and a good staging grounds for heading down pirate alley and on to some of the more dangerous remote sectors.

xierxior
x3

Post by xierxior » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 22:39

is it possible to mod out either the resource requirements or the money requirements to make building ships a little easier? or is it hard coded?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Jul 07, 23:04

Please ask modding-related questions in the Scripts and Modding forum.

fred3535
x3

Post by fred3535 » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 17:50

just down loaded it lookimg forward to playing the mission cheers

Krouer
x3

Post by Krouer » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 17:24

Does M3+ available after Bala Gi or can be at any time?

I ask because I experiment what related below on my plot game:

I received the invite to start the Bala Gi but I was on the path to make the survey mission on the Yaki sector. I did the Yaki mission and now Paranid are not my best friend ;) I did also the Don's daughter rescue mission before I notice Eclipse was available in Argon Prime for the M1 rank (I don't have).
More, I was visiting Farnham Legend after the daughter had tell me to wait for her when I encounter a Split weapon trader flying on an Eclipe. I engaged him after he goes red because he did not like I scan its cargo and I manage to capture it. So I fly in an Eclipse but I never did the Bala Gi mission!
BTW, all M3+ are available in good shipyard.

Info: I started the game 3 weeks ago directly with CD + patch to 2.0.02 + bonus pack 3.1.06. I never dock to the station were I was invited to do in the message only one my mk3 trader did because it was badly hurt by pirates in the nearby sectors but I had visit the sector.

After reading forums, I think I benefit of a game bug, don't you? Did others have notice same behavior?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 18:03

Eclipse is available before the Bala Gi missions start, both to you and NPCs, and the LX will also appear right from the beginning of the game. Medusa and Chimera shouldn't be--are you saying you can buy those before doing Bala Gi?

Krouer
x3

Post by Krouer » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 20:53

Sorry, I was mean it is because I was sure to have seen the Chimera but I check my game and don't found it again. Perhaps, I had not look to carrefully.

I'm glad to see it's normal to meet Eclipse but I was sure to not seen them sold at Argon Prime before the message bumped. Now, I'm not sure at all. :oops:

5i1
x3tc

Post by 5i1 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 08:21

Eclipse is available before the Bala Gi missions start, both to you and NPCs, and the LX will also appear right from the beginning of the game. Medusa and Chimera shouldn't be--are you saying you can buy those before doing Bala Gi?
I don't rememeber seeing the Eclipse or any of the other M3+ ship until I got the Mission in the Unknown Sector.

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 08:31

how long is this mission after you find the first
Spoiler
Show
unknown sector
?? it just seems to keep dragging on and on (prbably because i had to fight through 50 xenon squads just to get to the guy who tells you where to find the BPs

malcor
x2

Post by malcor » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 20:08

the eclipse i have seen in first 3 hours which i then preceded to cap :) so i now start of doing 3 rd mission onwards in an eclipse in extreme :)

not done this mission as of yet looking forward 2 it :)

hawkz25

Post by hawkz25 » Sun, 12. Aug 07, 02:43

I gather you need a sizeable force to complete the BG missions? I shot around in a fast m5 and found what I needed to, but to get back out with baggage would be impossible! Do i need to bring a stronger fleet? (Think I answered my own Q! :P )

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”