[Mod] Khaak Intruder Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

[Mod] Khaak Intruder Mod

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 25. May 07, 05:30

Apricot Mapping Service.
External Memo.
To : Ban Danna, Argon One.
Subject : Our Missing ships

Ban, you remember not long ago I notified you of several of our ships going missing ?

Well I think we have found out what happened to them, and the implications are worrying. One of our ships picked up a transmission that we have managed to decode, the origin is Khaak I'm afraid.
KzKKns r'kst my son. Your mission is go. The family have agreed to allow this as all are frustrated that the war with our invaders is going poorly. The familes argue with themselves over objectives and participation. Some send ships off to fight, none return. There is no co-ordination of effort, no strategy for victory in place. The enemy is hurt, but not fatally. Tactics are flawed and they will not see reason.

My son, infiltrate the enemy. Use their resources against them. Prey apon their ships while you build your fleet, then attack them with all your might and lay waste to their space.

I am sending you resources. The new Intruder class ship is ready. The Fighter has been upgraded to your requested specs.

On the assumption that this would go ahead, I sent infiltration teams to steal key assets from the enemy that will allow you to hide from them in clear view. Resources you cannot obtain from the enemy will be supplied with these assets. They will meet you at the rendevous point. You will have a secure base from which to build your assault force. Nearby, we have positioned stolen assets that will allow us to buy from you ships and material you seize from the enemy. This is wanted for analysis on the Homeworld, and some products are already considered special by some and are keenly saught. We have infiltrated the enemies banking system and will pay you in their 'credits', allowing you to benefit from their ignorance.

Be aware that all will be against you at all times.

It is unlikely that additional resources can be gotten to you, so be wise in your use of them.

Good Luck my son. Bring our enemy down !
Ban, this is an unexpected development. We had a modified M1 and TL go missing as you know. Aboard the TL were 2 of BalaGi's new Headquarters facilities and a Shipyard. The implications are very disturbing.

I'll keep you posted if we find out more, but in the meantime, I am ordering more protection around our facilities and ships and I advise you to do the same with Argon space.

Good Luck to us all !

John.

-----------------------------------------------

Download Mod : http://circleofatlantis.com/games/X3/intruder.html

Apricot Forum Thread : http://www.circleofatlantis.com/X3forum ... .php?t=244

Instructions :

Unzip into your X3 directory. The mod will appear in the mods directory. Extra scripts will appear in the scripts directory.

X00.sav will appear in the X3 directory. Please manually copy it to your My Documents, Egosoft, X3, saves directory (or to wherever your save games are being kept if different).

10.cat and 10.dat will appear in the X3 directory. This contains an amended PHQ definition only. If you already have a set of '10' files (for example for EMP), then unzip to another directory, rename 10.cat and 10.dat to the next available number, and then manually update X3.

Start the X3 loader. Select the mod called Khaak_Intruder_mod_v1. Start the game. Select Continue, and then the save game in position Zero.

The game will then begin in close proximity to your base.

WARNING :

This mod is NOT compatible with any other mod that introduces new ships to the game. It should work fine with EMP, but check that EMP is not 10.dat/cat and is not overwritten by this mod. If need be, reinstall EMP after this mod, or follow the directions above to rename the 10 files in this mod before updating X3.

Most other mods are expected to cause a conflict if run together as false patches. If conflict occurs, remove the other mods.

------------------------------------------------

The save game bypases the Khaak Start in the normal game. You are safely to a non-race sector, you are flying a Khaak Intruder ship, and nearby are several other captured ships. You will find a HQ station nearby with the Ships ready to build. There is also another Khaak HQ that is your families trading fcility, that you can sell captured material to. There is also a Khaak Shipyard nearby that will buy capped ships from you.

Game aim : Build a fleet of Khaak Ships. When you have a big enough fleet, attack the enemies space and lay waste to everything in your path.

Game restrictions :

All races hate you on sight, except Yaki and Khaak.

You are unable to build factories.

Everything you need must come from raiding the enemy and captured ships. Money can only come from selling ships and selling what you pick up. Resources for building can only come from scrapping ships and what you pick up.

If your home sector is raided and the support stations destroyed, its game over.

Many of the games products are unavailable to you unless you capture some of the enemies shipyards, equipment docks and trading docks. To simulate capturing a station, you use the change race cheat option on the general menu (LV's cheat scripts originally but included in the bonus pack), to change the race of a shipyard, eq dock or trading dock to Khaak. Then you will be able to buy and use whatever it sells.

Added scripting :

Mk2 System Override Software by Cycrow.
Scrap Ships at HQ by eladan.
BeamDock by LV/Apricotslice (updated version of DockTL).

If you are using DockTL, please remove this script as Beam Dock uses the same command number and may cause a conflict. Beam Dock replaces DockTL.

Combat note :

If you love XI's, then this is for you. Even in lightly travelled sectors, the combat is constant. During testing, in Danna's Chance and Brennans Triumph, the ability to pick up dropped goods and safely collect capped ships was limited due to the constant need to fight. In heavier trafficed sectors, this will be very difficult. Its not a matter of clearing a Xenon sector and then collecting things with no enemy around, because the ships just keep on coming ! Let anything through and you waste the opportunity to cap, and capping is your source of building new ships.

Apricot Mapping Service.
External Memo.
Subject : Home of Light

Ban, Home of Light is gone !

One of our ships was lucky to get out of the carnage. Terracorp headquarters and all the other stations were destroyed. 100's of ships destroyed too.

I regret that it was our missing ships. The M1 did the station destructions. The TL was seen picking up abanndonned ships.

A new Khaak ship was seen as well. It looks like a fighter from the outside but it hits like a M2, faster and more deadly than any KM3. Fortunately, it still only packs 3 guns or it would be a serious problem. All the same, the majority of the ships destroyed were killed by just this one ship.

Another interesting thing happened. The khaak collected all products left floating in space by destroyed ships, as well as every intact ship hull. They even captured the ejected pilots and took them away.

This is something incredably new on the part of the Khaak, who have never shown any interest in our technology and products before. As yet, we do not know why they have changed behaviour. But it does not bode well.

John.

Apricot Mapping Service.
External Memo.
Subject : Another Sector gone

Ban,

Empires Edge is gone too. Same battlegroup, same tactics.

John.

Apricot Mapping Service.
External Memo.
Subject : Things getting worse.

Ban,

Things are getting worse. I sent out some ships to see what going on, and they have reported back some startling deveolpments.

Elena's Fortune is gone too, and so is Cloudbase Southeast.

Whats more, the sectors the pilot's call Pirate Alley are also littered with destroyed stations. On a hunch, I sent a ship into Xenon 101 as well, and they report an empty sector.

Thats 12 sectors in less than 18 hours ! And 2 of them were race core sectors. And 1 a heavily defended Xenon sector.

There is one puzzelling aspect. In CBSE, there are still 2 stations. The EQ and the TD are still there, but their transponders show them to have been taken by the Khaak. The TD in Elena's Fortune has likewise been taken.

The khaak have never done this before either. At this point, all we have is wild speculation about whats going on. If Intelligence can come up with something, I hope you let me know asap.

We have a major threat here Bann. Whatever this new Khaak battlegroup is, it has got to be stopped before it has time to get stronger.

John.

Apricot Mapping Service.
External Memo.
Subject : More info

Bann,

The Split lost Rhonkar's Clouds a short time ago.

We've also intercepted the following message.

Father, we are 23 hours in enemy space now. Intruder performs up to expectations. 43 Million credits worth of product deposited with your trading agent. This not includes ship building resources of which much is stockpiled already. 3 Intruders and 14 KM3+ built and outfitted. 14 sectors destroyed. 5 stations captured to provide future ship upgrades. 102 ships scrapped for resources. 1,033 ships destroyed personally not including the pesky drones. 51 stations destroyed. Enemy ranking of Warlord and Master Dealer. Sleep period follows. We have begun well I feel.

Several implications are now apparent.

The khaak have a base in a sector we have not found yet. We will continue to look for it.

They are obviously building an upgraded version of the KM3, and have seem to have 4 of the Intruder class of ship that has been doing most of the damage to our shipping.

The capturing of stations is now revealed as a source for the Khaak of ship upgrade components. Why they were not able to supply their own is unknown, but we should take the opportunity to deny these stations for this purpose, and I urge the Argon to talk to the other races and send in assault teams to take back these stations or ships to destroy them.

It seems this has only just begun, and things are going to get worse unless the races can stand united.

I know you will do what you can to achieve this.

John.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Sun, 27. May 07, 03:37

If anyone is interested I made a small script to assign a hotkey which will turn your target from whatever race it is to Kha'ak (and therefore a friendly). There is a 500,000cr charge each time you use it, and it checks your money beforehand. This will mean you won't have to run the cheat script from the script editor anymore.

Get it here: http://www.xai-corp.net/en/files/xaicor ... haak-1.spk

Usage:
Set the hotkey via the controls menu.
Select a target, press the hotkey.
Nothing will happen if your target is Khaak already (or player obviously)
You will be charged 500,000cr for any target converted, M5-M1 or stations, so use it wisely ;)

If 500,000cr is too much for you, open it up and change the value in line 014
If you want to set to a race other than Kha'ak then change lines 007 and 017

This is meant as a script to compliment this great mod :)
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sun, 27. May 07, 05:01

Hi Apricotslice: I start a game with your mod and when I beam a ts inthe TL, the ts get stuck. I order to dock or any order and don't get out of the TL. I test with oder ships that I install with Cycrow ship installer and the beam dock is ok. Also it appear in the commad slots as read text. I check the T files and they are all install.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 27. May 07, 05:13

You have to use the beamdock command to beam the ship out of the TL, before you can then give it orders. Only fighters will undock from the TL using normal orders, because thats how egosoft built X3.

Whats the whole read-test message ?

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sun, 27. May 07, 05:35

apricotslice wrote:You have to use the beamdock command to beam the ship out of the TL, before you can then give it orders. Only fighters will undock from the TL using normal orders, because thats how egosoft built X3.

Whats the whole read-test message ?
Ok, that's why the mules are m5? So I can not use the TS to dock in the TL?

Founf the read text error, is from the beam dock, another script conflict with the T files.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 27. May 07, 06:03

In X3, TS and TP ships cannot dock with a m1 or TL like they did in X2. Hence the need to beam them on board instead.

What script is conflicting ? If you were using DockTL, that will, so remove the scripts for that from the scripts directory. There isnt anything else in the sticky documentation that uses that command slot.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sun, 27. May 07, 07:41

apricotslice wrote:In X3, TS and TP ships cannot dock with a m1 or TL like they did in X2. Hence the need to beam them on board instead.

What script is conflicting ? If you were using DockTL, that will, so remove the scripts for that from the scripts directory. There isnt anything else in the sticky documentation that uses that command slot.
Your right, I check every script I have install and anyone conflict with beam dock????????

Thanks Apricotlslice....

lion3142

Post by lion3142 » Mon, 28. May 07, 12:51

Hey Apricot, Nice mod with a nice idea. I just wanted to point a couple of things out - I liked the mod a lot, but there was something that kind of... well... it made it too easy to say the least.

The modified Carrier docked at the HQ with all weapons enabled and 10GJ of shielding. What i did was, i stripped out the B-PBE and replaced it with Gamma Kyon Emitters from the HQ on every turret, set it to attack all and boom, the whole universe was going down.

The Gamma Kyons have a range of nearly 4KM, Plus the fact the Carrier moves at 300-400kps and handles like an M5, not even an conventional titan could get close to the dam thing, the G-PPC just flew past the rear of the ship at the speed it was going. whilst the gamma emitters just blasted every ship before they could even get close. Meaning you can play this mod without the need for building up a fleet (i still did after i found this out, scrapping the carrier for resources)

I found a similiar sort of thing with the new invader ship, where you can just sit at a 4KM distance and use 3 gamma emitters to pulverise everything. + the fact the invader has 10GJ of shielding, it took a pirate nova a whole empty of its weapon banks just to take the invaders shield down 1 notch on the bar with A-HEPTs (not counting missiles).

Dont take this too harshly, i liked it a lot once i scrapped the carrier and built my own fleet of Khaak destroyers. It was a lot of fun to watch the paranid sectors bieng destroyed in a matter of minutes!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 28. May 07, 15:13

Ok. This time do it again flying the KM3+, and only build KM3's. :)

Yes, I agree with you. In actual fact, leaving the pbes on would have the same result as what you did, as they were range extended and hit increased anyway from the mod I took the files from to start with. The gppcs do the job as well.

What you could do is use bkyrons all round.

And there is nothing to stop you swapping out the shields on the Intruder and putting 25mj ones in instead, with 3 bkyrons.

That changes the whole nature of the game play easily.

I designed the ships so they can be outfitted the way you want to. So if you dont want the ships to be so heavily outfitted, take out whats in there now, and replace with what you think is better suited to how you play your game.

Just as a heads up, I'm now working on a Goner mod, where you get no guns at all :)

lion3142

Post by lion3142 » Mon, 28. May 07, 15:58

One thing, can you actually destroy Argon One? in my game it wont seem to drop its hull below about 85%. I even used a cheat and spawned a set of kha'ak destroyers right next to it, still when it had about 60 lasers at it, its hull was not dropping at all.

Im running V2.02 without any other mods except yours

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 28. May 07, 15:59

Hi Apricotslice: If you know can I reverse egineering trading docks in my hq in order to capture sectors, using Sector takerover script?

Also I have problem with the emp. Should I put last # or at the begining?

Thanks...

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Mon, 28. May 07, 16:06

lion3142 wrote:One thing, can you actually destroy Argon One? in my game it wont seem to drop its hull below about 85%. I even used a cheat and spawned a set of kha'ak destroyers right next to it, still when it had about 60 lasers at it, its hull was not dropping at all.

Im running V2.02 without any other mods except yours
Argon one can't be destroyed sorry.

But my post above has a script to change it to Kha'ak owned :twisted:
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

lion3142

Post by lion3142 » Mon, 28. May 07, 20:34

im gonna have to get that script and just turn the argon titans and colousses against themselves, now that would be funny to see.

I thought Argon one was invincible from when i did the plot, the Khaa'k destroyers were doing nothing to its hull... thanks anyways

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 29. May 07, 00:45

Puruco wrote:Hi Apricotslice: If you know can I reverse egineering trading docks in my hq in order to capture sectors, using Sector takerover script?

Also I have problem with the emp. Should I put last # or at the begining?
The HQ only RE's ships.

What you can do is attack a shipyard, get it down to a low hull value, then simulate capturing it using the change race script in LV's cheat pack. (General menu on ship). If you change it to "freindly race", it retains its functionality and then you can buy the stations. If you change it to yours, then you will get 1 of each station it has, and once you take it, its gone for good.

There is also a script called Unified Capture that actually does enable station captures. If you capture one, change it to freindly immediately so you can buy as many as you need. Also, if you leave it as yours, then when the sector defenders respawn they will likely attack the station.

With emp, if its 10 now, then rename the 10.cat and 10.dat that came with my mod to 11.cat and 11.dat, then copy them to X3 directory. That should work. Alternately rename the emp files to 11.

Mirador
x4

Post by Mirador » Wed, 16. Jan 08, 17:12

Is there a chance this mod could be made to be XTM compatable? I would really love to try and be the Khaak in XTM.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 02:23

Very unlikely, sorry.

I did try an xtm version of the gunbus mod, and not long after, they brought out a patch for xtm that rendered it useless. Until they announce that xtm is a stable product that wont be changed again, I dont see the point in trying to keep up with them frankly. I dont use it myself, so am not following its ongoing development.

Mirador
x4

Post by Mirador » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 13:26

Thats a fair enough responce. I shall just switch back and forth between the two as the mood takes me.

I am currently in a "destroy everything" mood, so your mod is current active one..... and its awesome fun :D

Thank you

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Thu, 17. Jan 08, 20:48

I have X3 version 2.5 and the .SAV file is version 2.0.0.2. If I were try to load it, it would drop me to the desktop. Is there any way to load this file with version 2.5?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 18. Jan 08, 02:01

I was not aware they changed anything significant in the 2.5 patch. The announcement didnt specify any ship changes. So I must admit I havent looked.

Since there wasnt anything in the 2.5 announcement that interested me in the slightest, I havent looked at it.

Off the top of the head, the new patch would have installed as 10.cat/10.dat which would have already existed holding the PHQ definition. So after installing 2.5, you would need to replace the PHQ as 11.cat/11.dat out of the zip. (unzip it somewhere else and rename it)

If the phq definition got overwritten, and you have one in the game, I would think this would cause a crash.

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Fri, 18. Jan 08, 21:27

My .cat and .dat files from the ZIP package of the mod are named as 11.dat and 11.cat. What should do now? Sorry, if I am writin stupid things, but I am from Hungary, not from England or USA.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”