[Script] Beam Dock v3a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

[Script] Beam Dock v3a

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. May 07, 08:28

Beam Dock is a replacement/upgrade for LV's DockTL script. Edit : Updated to v3a, which is the version in the Gunbus v3a Mod.

Now you can beam aboard a TL or M1, any M3, M4, M5, M6, TS, TP or Goner ship.

The destination ship must be a TL or M1, and it must have docking space left. V3a allows beaming to an M2 with dock slots.

Fixed the bug in DockTL that prevented a TS from being beamed onto a M1.

Very useful for the collection of capped ships, since you can dock pretty well anything you can cap without having to wait for the damaged ship to limp into the docking bay. Also means you can do this while in combat, if your quick about it. If your claim command is on a hotkey, you can claim and load into carrier in carrier by, target, claim, i, orders, navigation, pagedown, BeamDock, sector, ship. 9 key presses, that can be done pretty fast. Solution to picking up caps in Xenon sectors ?

Designed to replace DockTL, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first before installing Beam Dock.

Download : http://apricotmappingservice.com/Aprico ... ck_v3a.zip

Many thanks to LV for DockTL, which I found essential as soon as I found the docking ability gone in X3. Its been one of my essential scripts since pretty well day 1. Thanks also for allowing me to make available this updated version. :)

Uses Command 250 and 448686.

Please ensure the 448686 file does end up in the t directory. I'm not sure the pachaging worked correctly. If you get a read-text message on the menu, it means the 448686 is missing from t directory.

Note : the spk wasnt working, so I've changed the file to a zip file. Unzip into the X3 directory, and 2 scripts should go direct into the script directory and the 448686 file should go direct into the t directory.

If you replace the v1 version with the Gunbus 3a version, delete out the old beamdock scripts (2 of them) before copying in the new ones, as the new ones have a different name. The 2 sets of scripts together will conflict.

Edit : Range restrictions removed. If its on your nav scan, its beamable.
Last edited by apricotslice on Wed, 23. Jul 08, 02:39, edited 6 times in total.

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Tue, 8. May 07, 10:37

Ah, the sheer depth of your madness and pure creativity never fails to delight :) I have to say I'll be taking this one on my next hunting trip :twisted:

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 8. May 07, 12:49

I docked the Truelight Seeker to the Odin (by the way, I see Readtext_something instead of Beamdock). But I tried to change ship and i was in space next to the Odin, but I could notmove or shoot or jump.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. May 07, 13:36

Can you check that the 448686 file went into the t directory as it should have ? If its not there, so if you can find where it went. I'm not sure the script packager put it given it loaded off a d drive and had the d in the pathname in the pack.

If you cant find it, let me know and I'll do a zip version instead until I figure out the packager properly.

You must not be in the ship your beaming aboard. If you are, you get lost in the twilight zone. Ie. if you are in an M3 and tell your ship to beamdock a TL, you are in deep doodoo.

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Tue, 8. May 07, 14:52

I'm guessing the phrase 'beam me up Scotty' could end up with a whole new meaning :twisted:

Hmmm - that does leave me with a whole new idea. I wonder if one could beam an enemy pilot out of his ship into the empty expanse of space - or even in the hold of one's ship :lol:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. May 07, 14:56

someone did that a long tiem ago, but I dont think he made the script available.

In theory, you could change the sos Mk2 script to do that.

In any case, if you use the change race cheat command in general commands, you can efectively do the same thing :)

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Tue, 8. May 07, 17:48

9 key presses as well, unless you have a G15 it could be just 1 by running a macro and much quicker will be using this, great work! :D

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 8. May 07, 22:46

apricotslice wrote:Can you check that the 448686 file went into the t directory as it should have ? If its not there, so if you can find where it went. I'm not sure the script packager put it given it loaded off a d drive and had the d in the pathname in the pack.

If you cant find it, let me know and I'll do a zip version instead until I figure out the packager properly.

You must not be in the ship your beaming aboard. If you are, you get lost in the twilight zone. Ie. if you are in an M3 and tell your ship to beamdock a TL, you are in deep doodoo.
The file 448686.pck is in the scripts folder. I was in the odin, with the m6 docked, and I changed to the docked ship. Then it happened that.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 9. May 07, 02:40

cloppy007 wrote:The file 448686.pck is in the scripts folder. I was in the odin, with the m6 docked, and I changed to the docked ship. Then it happened that.
Move it into the t folder then. I'll have to look at why it did that.

Changing to a docked ship shouldnt have even activated the beamdock script, so I dont know how that could be happening. Mind you, I stopped doing that because my km3 model loses most of its shields if I exit the ship in it. I'll give it a try again and see if it happens to me.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 9. May 07, 03:27

apricotslice, how is this different from the Cisortech Dynamic Bay Configuration?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 9. May 07, 03:32

arcana75 wrote:Cisortech Dynamic Bay Configuration?
What is that ?

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Wed, 9. May 07, 04:23

link for that plugin can be found here

Easier than me trying to explain the differences or commonality. Have been a user of this plugin myself and been quite impressed by it, but been to busy in my own work just at this point to provide feedback on whether there would be any conflicts ...both have sprung out of LV's original scripts, so it may be likely.

I guess it would come down to individual preference and player style as to which one would better suit the player. Mind you, am still waiting for the promised updated version on than one, so that could well be a deciding factor 8)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 9. May 07, 05:07

Differences appear to be :

beam dock use only a single docking space for all ships and accepts more ship types except the M7 (which I honestly coldnt think of a rason for docking on a carrier.

The other script uses multiple spaces for ships depending on size, has a couple of good looking commands added, but docks less ship types.

It worth people looking at both. You probably can use both if you wanted to.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Sun, 13. May 07, 18:53

I still have ReadText :( the 448686.pck is in the T folder.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 13. May 07, 23:17

Whats the whole readtext message ?

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Mon, 14. May 07, 00:51

I can see ReadText2010-250 in the commands of a LX in another sector, should be the same ReadText message for all the ships, I guess.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 14. May 07, 01:15

Thats the command name. I dont know why it would be showing on any other ship but your own, since its a command that only your ship has. If you issue the command to a ship out of range, it will travel to the TL/M1 you specified it to, and could show the command as the one being executed by the ship (cant say I've looked).

I can only conclude that there is a script conflict between this one and some other script you are using.

What else are you running ?

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Mon, 14. May 07, 01:21

i had a problem similar to this if i hadnt activated the script editor in the current game...some items and commands would get a readtext error (others would not)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 14. May 07, 01:30

Good point.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Mon, 14. May 07, 11:11

I Have:
  • Advanced Jumpdrive
  • Advanced Tractor Beam
  • Assassins Guild
  • BBS Extras
  • BeamDock
  • Community Mod Extended Pack
  • DeathMatch Arena Redux
  • Dock Upgrade Manager
  • GidFX 2.0 by mine777 and Kortako (currently disabled)
  • Heavy Assault Technology
  • Litcube's Kha'ak Invasions
  • LV's Cheats (currently disabled)
  • Mass-Driver ammo generator
  • Shield Boost
  • Stevio's Shipyards
  • SuperVegeta.Turret.CMD.V.3.00
  • Treasurehunt Redux
  • Weapons Changer (1.45b)
  • Xai Corporation Navigation Override System X3.1.3
I'll try disabling them...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”