[SCRIPT] Resource-Free Factory

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

5 (Great)
59%
9%
10%
5%
1 (Bad)
16%

Total votes: 98

arcana75
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Resource-Free Factory

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 6. May 07, 04:27

Script: Resource-Free Factory

I'm not going to wrap this around a story like Teladi scientists have etc etc :D no wait, in fact I will!
Axeface wrote:Newsflash - RFF Tech
-------------------------

Company Owners will be pleased to hear of a new and exciting Boron development. The Resource-Free Factory Device (RFF) has been developed by using a highly advanced and classified transporter device. Rumour has it that Boron scientists of the Royal Research and Development Institute, including the famed Bon Huli and Huni Hu, found a way to duplicate items at the molecular level during the tranportation sequence.

This new innovation, while incredibly expensive, allows for completely independent and self-sufficient factories, which will surely lead to huge profits once the initial setup and installation fees have been re-imbursed. The device works by simply duplicating any resources needed by the factory, so that the station will never run low, leading to a constant 100% production line.

The Teladi company has unanimously condemned this new device. Chairman Ceo has called for the research and sale of the device to be ceased and the plans be desposed of entirely, warning of teladi military action. The Teladi company claim that the technology will lead to a complete market crash and loss of sales to all races with all products, essentially flooding the market and bankrupting any first level stations such as Ore and Silicon Mines. Despite this many Teladi moguls have pre-ordered multipul RFF Devices in ernest.

This technology is now being sold over the station commands consoles via the Galactic Communications and Trade Network to anyone who has the funds for the setup and installation. Once ordered through your stations command console, the Royal Boron Research and Development Institute will ship the device and install it quickly, removing the funds from your credit account, they will even ship you the units of resources needed for the initial duplication process! The RBRDI guarantee that the device, software and resources needed will be installed within 10 mizuras of an order being placed!

The fee's involved are roughly three times the price of your basic station, pittence compaired to the profits you will make with your new Self-Sufficient Factory. Order now!
This script removes all resource requirements from your factory (for a fee) and makes it produce its stuff 100% without resources (except if they need Nvidium or Spaceflies). The idea was the removal of all support fabs just to make that one thing; reduces all the support fab clutter AND tubes.

You should be able to complex up the resource-free factory. The fee is roughly 3 times the price of the factory but that's easily changed. The price calculation is done using al_main's script in his DTS script.

Version 2.0.2.2
Resource-Free Factory v2.0.2.2 (spk)
Uses COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_24, conflicts with SerialKicked's Crystal-Free SPP since this script replaces it. Either use this script or Serials.

Version 2.0.2.1 - First script
Resource-Free Factory v2.0.2.2 (spk)
Uses COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_35, Conflicts with Ships Renaming Management by StarTrekMarc!!

Text-ID:
8517 - Resource Free Factory by arcana75

Command Slot:

Code: Select all

<t id="1124">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_24</t> - Removes Resources from Factory, Resource-Free Factory by arcana75
Terran Conflict version
Last edited by arcana75 on Wed, 7. Sep 11, 15:13, edited 7 times in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 6. May 07, 09:31

About that poll... is 1 good or 5?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 6. May 07, 09:34

Oopps... darn I can't change the poll. Bigger is better. :D

PhantomDG1
x3tc

Post by PhantomDG1 » Sun, 6. May 07, 11:35

Hmmm, OK, Sounds good !

BUT... Does it make the player HQ resource free ? :o

Thanks

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:25

PHQ? But the PHQ doesn't make normal ware. Only ships.

PhantomDG1
x3tc

Post by PhantomDG1 » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:36

True, but a massive amount of resource is needed to build each ship !

If your script were compatible with the PHQ it could save me millions £ £ £ :D

Thanks

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:42

Erm... the idea isn't to make the player get stuff for free :). It's a convenience thing; instead of building massive complexes to make 1 high-end product, you just drop the station and make it resourceless. Eg a Gamma PPC factory needs alot of support fabs. Building the support stuff is time consuming and messy.

This way, you pay 3x17mil or 51mil credits to make the Gamma PPC fab resourceless. U won't spend 51mil creds to make the support structure for the GPPC fab, not even close! The extra pays for the convenience.

U can also fuel ur PHQ easier this way. Not only that, since u can build all the required fabs nearby without huge performance impacts due to all the support fabs, u can have support complexes in the same sector as ur PHQ.

PhantomDG1
x3tc

Post by PhantomDG1 » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:57

The money bit was a joke (sort of) with nearly a billion in creds already I don't need the money ! :D

freeing up pc system power / fps etc would be worth the extra millions I have to agree !

I have a thread posted where I'm trying to make a sort of 'space wares hypermarket'. Might be very usefull to use this script if I can get multiple wares / products into one factory !

I can be like the M&S / Tesco of the X3 universe ! ! :D

Thanks

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 10. May 07, 13:16

Added new version to use command slot 24.

:D

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 10. May 07, 16:17

Hmmm. I like the sound of this, especially if it causes no drop in production quotas, and if it really does enable complex attachment.

I've found that Serial Kicked's Crystal Free SPP makes your Power Plants unattachable, if running XFP at least.

Has this script been tested with the mod, perchance? Well, more importantly, has it been tested with XFP running, and the Resource-free factories complexed up?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 10. May 07, 16:55

Hmmm could be the problem lies with XFP than SK's script cuz I can't see why it'll matter.

Anyway I don't run XFP so I can't test with that, but in a non-XFP game it works no problem, the complex works as normal. Just have to make sure you run the script BEFORE you complex them up.

It won't change production rates as it still uses the default TFactories values.

But no I didn't test it with XFP and I doubt I will too. Since u run XFP maybe u'd like to let me know?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 10. May 07, 16:57

Hmmm 5 bad votes out of 8... guess people love their tubed up megaplexes.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Fri, 11. May 07, 01:25

Good news, arcana.

I connected Resourceless SPP to my complex, in XFP(something which always crashed the game if I did it with the Crystal Free SPP script), and it works fine. :)

Thanks for this script.

Much appreciated.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 11. May 07, 02:27

arcana75 wrote:except if they need Nvidium or Spaceflies
I'd love to know if there's any factories that use these as resources :gruebel:

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 11. May 07, 05:27

Dave Toome wrote:
arcana75 wrote:except if they need Nvidium or Spaceflies
I'd love to know if there's any factories that use these as resources :gruebel:
If a modded game were to mod the TFactories to say include different and unique resources, or change cycles times, my script won't care. It only removes resources which I believe to exist for all normal unmodded factories. But it'll still work, removing the standard resources in that custom factory.

There are NPC factories that use spaceflies and nvidium. It's trivial to make player factories that 100% mirror NPC factory needs (eg having actual secondaries).

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 11. May 07, 05:33

Thraxwhirl wrote:Good news, arcana.

I connected Resourceless SPP to my complex, in XFP(something which always crashed the game if I did it with the Crystal Free SPP script), and it works fine. :)

Thanks for this script.

Much appreciated.
Thanks! But it's odd... just curious are using ver 1 or 2 of my script?

andreslin

Post by andreslin » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 13:23

Hi Arcana:

Thanks for this magnificient mod!

I was trying to find Benco's factory autotrade mod in order to save the hassle and drawback of gigantic complex, but it's too bad all his mod isn't downladable anymore.

My new hope is this resource free mod!! Just wondering that if this mod will work with Ashley' s XXL Factories mod? It'd be awesome if these two mods can be joint so people can save even more resource and time!

Thank you again for providing us a better alternative of game.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 13:26

andreslin wrote:Hi Arcana:

Thanks for this magnificient mod!

I was trying to find Benco's factory autotrade mod in order to save the hassle and drawback of gigantic complex, but it's too bad all his mod isn't downladable anymore.

My new hope is this resource free mod!! Just wondering that if this mod will work with Ashley' s XXL Factories mod? It'd be awesome if these two mods can be joint so people can save even more resource and time!

Thank you again for providing us a better alternative of game.
How this script works is :

1) It strips ur activated factory of all known resources, eg e-cells, food types, etc.
2) It calculates an approximate market value of that factory, then multiplies it by 3 as a fee for using the script. (or was it 5x hmmm)

I never installed Ashley's mod so I am not sure if (2) will work properly. If you do try and ur fee charged is around 3-5 times the cost of your factory and all ur resources are removed, then I'd say it works!

:D

andreslin

Post by andreslin » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 13:29

Thanks for your timely reply! I'm totally shocked!!!

I will try it our and report to you about the result.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”