X3 online NOT DAME UPDATES

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Matix

X3 online NOT DAME UPDATES

Post by Matix » Wed, 2. May 07, 22:59

ok 5 games now iv got all 5, im not paying for any more im sick of egosofts lies all time, pormise a online game, all we ever wanted ,we all surport you and payed dame good money, 5 bloody games at 30 ponds good money, sort your act out work on a online one, about time you carnt say its not posable, cos it is, even if i have to subcribe to i dont care, if £50 year sub its worth it, it is posable server only number crunches load server do it,IE legendofmir ok it a rollplay same aspects but not space, trade ,upgrade, lvl up, wep, fight all same aspects there over 4000 players on it ,cant say you can not do if cart maybe you talk to kerans ie wemade there ace at network game you got it all graghics there no1 but we are all sick of playing computer opents all time not being able play with are mates atlest get to ip in or lan if not online you at lest do that ,but im not getting you dame x3 20 ,WANTS MATE PLAY AS WELL NOT CRAPY COMPUTER AI ALL TIME!!!#
PLZ MAKE ONLINE !!!
Last edited by Matix on Wed, 2. May 07, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Unserene
x4

Post by Unserene » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:06

Punctuation is your friend. :roll:

How do you update a Dame anyway?...ask the Queen to make her a duchess? :wink:
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:11

I think someone needs to take a chill-pill, get some education on punctuation and accept the fact EGOSOFT have never said they where putting X online. Thank Heavens.
I won't go into why, everyone knows.
Those who don't, need to think for 5 minutes and you will come to the same conclusion.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Matix

Post by Matix » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:13

they did say it years ago, it was promised , as forum no longer go back that far, you cart see it was promised, and sure some of old forum members remenber reading it. loads topics on it.
Last edited by Matix on Wed, 2. May 07, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

Ebyl Vampyre
x4

Post by Ebyl Vampyre » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:16

The amount of resources it would take to turn X3 into a public online game is nearly unthinkable, at least if you were trying to maintain something like the feel and play of the real X3. I'd say next to impossible.

However, a limited multiplayer would be doable, where you and a few of your friends could play in a local game.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:18

An online X game would have serious problems for players and for their computers:

- no SETA available, because it's one big universe (if you could skip time and someone else doesn't do it, you could gain more in less time in the same environment)
- serious network activity, which will only allow a few dozens (perhaps a few hundred players at once), because all info about every bullet, ship, station, crate (loot), ... has to be sent to all players at the same time

Imagine having 5 players in the same sector with capital ships, all attacking each other, there would be thousands of bullets flying around onscreen.
Not a big problem for your computer, but your network card and internet connection would have to send all data about every single bullet to the other players, this would require a very large bandwidth.

And what happens to UT's?
They would be running continously on the server side.
And your stations, ships and everything else you own.
Of course, they could remove your property from the universe when you go offline, but when you come online, all your property will be placed back into position.
Imagine having 100s of players logging in, each one with hundreds of stations and you're flying around at high speed.
Someone logs in, his property appears right in front of you and you're dead. Nice he?

Or worse:
Someone built a big complex and is offline.
You build another complex on the same spot, but you don't know if that spot is occupied, because the other player's property is unloaded.
When the other player comes online, both your complex and his complex are colliding until they both blow up.
Nice. Spending millions of credits on a major complex and it's gone when another player logs in.

After a few weeks, the entire universe is occupied and no-one can fly anymore, because of all the property inside each sector (major lagg).

This is absolutely impossible to run, unless there are major restrictions in place (max number of players, max number of ships/stations per player, ...)
Last edited by PowerPC603 on Wed, 2. May 07, 23:23, edited 2 times in total.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:18

I see you have learnt how to use comma's.
Full stops and Capitals I'm sure are close behind.
I've only ever seen EGO's references to NOT doing a online version, relax and have a think why.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:23

Hmm. Is the OP really one sentence?
I'm not sure if there are contests for run on sentences but the force is strong with this one!
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Matix

Post by Matix » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:25

still not reson, y cart do a lan or a small ip in like 10 players, load games use have loads going on back ground fight age empire one c&C they at lest give lan game

Clantron
x4

Post by Clantron » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:30

Matix wrote:they did say it years ago, it was promised , as forum no longer go back that far, you cart see it was promised, and sure some of old forum members remenber reading it. loads topics on it.
I'm pretty sure it was an idea, and not a promise. Promises in game world are dangerous.
There was also work on Wing Commander Privateer 3 (online), also never finished. I'm sure there are dozens of games like that. Good idea, never completed for the same obvious reason why X Online would be a time/synq-disaster.
Matix wrote:still not reson, y cart do a lan or a small ip in like 10 players, load games use have loads going on back ground fight age empire one c&C they at lest give lan game
Comparing X world with C&C is a strange comparing. Take atleast an online game that is similar to X. Like Freespace / Wing Commander / Darkstar One and others, but eh.. then online :P (is there even one?)
Spoiler
Show
And without SETA: Imagine being in Grand Exchange and not explored south of that. Then go search for the M7 Hyperion without SETA

Matix

Post by Matix » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:33

only frame work numbers all game is,main game struchure im on about not game is self

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:34

its been disccuded many many times, perhaps looking up one of those threads ?

but to some of your points, egosoft have never promised they will bring out an online game, they said, that in the distant future they will like to make one, but currently dont have the money or resources to attempt it. Even the online universe page predicted a data of like 2030 for its release.

the current X game could not be made into an online game without significant changes, its just not feasable.

as for your idea of a lan game, this has also been disccuded many times, and bsaically, a lan game for X will not make enough money to cover the costs in the first place, which makes it pointless to do.

on top of that, not everyone who plays X wants it to be online, they prefer it as a single player game

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:36

HEAR HEAR. well said.
May I recommend Freelancer to the original poster.

Ebyl Vampyre
x4

Post by Ebyl Vampyre » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:39

I'm hoping that the next release for the X universe will have a LAN option. As good as the game is right now, playing in a universe with a friend or two would be even better.

drunk weasel
x3

Post by drunk weasel » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:43

For the game to actually work online you'd just have to strip it down to the bare bones and turn it into something similar to all the MMORPG's out there. Farming Khaak and Xenon for Loot to buy ships/upgrades just so you can go fly around with your buddies you might aswell just download one of the free MMORPG's instead or just buy a pure space combat game thats online with none of the trading of the X games.

Clantron
x4

Post by Clantron » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:44

Ebyl Vampyre wrote:I'm hoping that the next release for the X universe will have a LAN option. As good as the game is right now, playing in a universe with a friend or two would be even better.
even if it does cost 10-20 minutes to cross a sector? lol
(probably more in a lot sectors)

Unless a whole new propulsion system is made for an online version, one that never stops accelerating orso :lol:

Ebyl Vampyre
x4

Post by Ebyl Vampyre » Wed, 2. May 07, 23:46

There's an easy way around that. Modify the jump system so you can use it to travel more efficiently within sectors.

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Thu, 3. May 07, 00:13

You could take a look at (and wait for) Infinity to come out. It's an MMORPG currently in development, offering the same types of things the X games do...

http://www.fl-tw.com/Infinity/index.php

Dadamh
x3

Post by Dadamh » Thu, 3. May 07, 00:26

Gah, personally I recommend English class for the original poster.

Don't try to convince people to do anything if you can't properly form your thoughts into words and sentences. It's a basic human skill that is required for communication.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 3. May 07, 00:30

Matix wrote:...it was promised...
No, it wasn't. The X-Online Universe site has been around a long time as a vision of what the developers would like to achieve with the X series one day. At no time have any promises been made about it actually happening, nor has any timescale ever been given. Some of the reasons why it hasn't happened yet have been explained on numerous occasions, but they basically boil down to money.

While I'm here, could people stop picking up the OP on their standard of English? Remember that not everyone posting here has English as their first language, and that if you find it difficult to read a post then you are under no obligation to do so let alone reply to it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”