*[FEEDBACK?] 4\24\07 Rebel's Ridge Mod...By Pogi

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pogi
x2

*[FEEDBACK?] 4\24\07 Rebel's Ridge Mod...By Pogi

Post by Pogi » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 16:20

Feedback? 162 downloads since release. Anybody playing this? Comments? Problems? Etc.

Rebels Ridge..
For Printable Galaxy Map:

http://www.4shared.com/file/14647117/51 ... geMap.html

Mod Features:

1. 130 Unique Sectors (NO ORIGINAL EGOSOFT SECTORS USED)

2. Full In-game Galaxy Map.

3. *Unique Player Station Design (Modular)

4. Pirates Have New Ships TS,M3,M4,M5,M6,M1 and M2. DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY! THEY ARE NOW WORTH CAPTURING! :D

5. Player Starts In His Own Sector

6. Introducing "Sub-Race Rebels" That Sell Their Own Ships!

7. Map Based On Major City Names And Territories.

8. Secret Stations That Sell Very Rare Goods And Have Very Special Needs.

9. A Black Market

10. Retired Pirates

11. Great Mining and some "new" buyers for Nividium.

And Much, Much More.

The Ships:

CS-Dixie XLDMK2
CS-Heartland XLCMK1
Rebel Scout MK5
Pirate Broodstar XL4
PLO Sickle XL6
Pirate Dragnar XL3
CS-Mastodon
CS-Razorback XLTS
Pirate Ridge Runner XLTS
PLO Predator XLDMK2
CS-Viper MK3
IRA Rebel MK3
IRA Hunter MK4
IRA Recon MK5
Pirate WidowMaker XLDMK2
Pirate SoulFury XLCMK1
IRA Cloverleaf
CS-Lee XLDMK2
CS-Guardian XLCMK1
Pirate Raven XLMk2
CS-Equinox XLDMK2
CS-Formosa XLCMK1
CS-Striker
CS-Lexus XXLMV ("Star-Fury")
PLO Defiance LT3
PLO Raider LT4
PLO Storm LT3
PLO Winger LT4
CS-Excalibur XLTS
CS-QuadStar XLMK3
CS-WingMaster XLMK5
Pirate Knat XLMK5
IRA Shamrock

Install:

Mod in Mod Folder.....Scripts in Scripts Folder...T's In "t" Folder...Start Game...Pick Mod Confederate...Pick Map Rebels Ridge...Enjoy.

No Imbedded Scripts, So Should Work Fine With Your Favorite Scripts.

Credits:

DeadlyDa..Without his former works...I would be lost. All the guys and gals at the Egosoft forums for their assistance. Egosoft for making a great game..StoneD..DoubleShadow..And my wife, for keeping my coffee cup full all the time.

I am considering this a Beta because I am still working on the sector descriptions (like writing a book) and may decided to update it later with more features.

DO NOT TRY AND PLAY MAP WITHOUT MOD,SCRIPTS OR T FILES. YOU WILL CRASH AND BURN WHILE RIDING AROUND IN YOUR READ TEXT SHIP OR LANDING AT A READ TEXT STATION.

Download:

http://www.4shared.com/file/14641241/e2 ... Ridge.html

Please..Feedback is appreciated and helpful so I can improve my mod with new ideas..Thanks

Enjoy..Pogi
Last edited by Pogi on Sat, 5. Apr 08, 21:28, edited 7 times in total.
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 18:43

Wow, looks good Pogi! I updated the Community Plugins Sticky, not that anyone ever checks it... :roll:
Glad to see you are using the hell out of XeHonks Editor. Keep up the great work, :thumb_up::mrgreen:

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 19:04

@baubsmyth Thanks :) Yes, that editor is a very handy tool..Actually, the combination of it and X2 Editor by DoubleShadow covers about everything I need. They both have their strengths and their weaknesses though.

XeHonks Editor (in Java) is a great tool for gate making and quick setup of randomized sectors..It does have some issues though, like you said before..Check your work.

X2 Editor is the best for fine tuning your map..Copy and paste makes things go fast and easy.

I'm going to start a new mod soon..Going to incorporate the great graphics enhancements I've seen in the Organic Mod into it...Maybe I'll shoot for 200 sectors this time..Cheers
Last edited by Pogi on Fri, 8. Feb 08, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

duc999racing
x3

Post by duc999racing » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 02:51

I'd really like to download this, but I'm afraid I'm SOL until I obtain another computer (my old one died after eleven years of faithful service).

Anyways, I was hoping you might be tempted to post some pictures somewhere... :)
Proprio vos sanguine pasco

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 18:11

:arrow: Update:

:arrow: I'm waiting to hear back from the original designers of the various ships and effects I've just incorporated before I can post these new updates to my mod. Sent out some e-mails, don't know when they will get back to me though.

Been a busy week...I managed to incorporate the great graphic enhancements found in the "Organic Mod" into my mod. As well as a sound effect I liked from "Terradine".

Tranformed the Teladi Harrier into (jumpdrive usable) cargo re-supply ship for M6..It can now haul XL cargo, but for a tradeoff of a top speed of 90mps.

Included the Gargantuan..The Xenon MO is now a mobile storage platform..Very handy indeed.

:arrow: Put the great looking old style Xenon ships back in the game from the "Old Xenon Ships Mod"..Tweaked them a little by upping shields, lasers and speed. They will be able to be purchased at the "Museum of Curios and Relics"..I sure missed these guys.

All five ships from the "Goner Secrets" are now included as well.

The new ships when and if updated:

CXL Ranger LXL
CXM Spirit MXL
CXN Sprite NXL (Tweaked versions of the older Xenon L,M,N)

CS-Gargantuan: "A massive portable storage platform designed by the Confederacy. The Gargantuan can store "station class sized cargo" of up to 100,000 units. Sporting a maximum of 12 125MW shields, up to hornet class in missle defense and a top speed of 25mps. There is however, no docking bay and all cargo must be transfered via a transporter device.
"
CS-Asp (M3)
CS-Marauder(M4)
CS-Nomad(M5)
CS-Decathlon(TL) "Fast, heavy shielded, no lasers, large cargo, max hornets.. Mining support TL"
CS-DrillMaster(TS) "2500" cargo bay and "dual" front mining lasers makes quick work of any astroid. :)

CS-Deliverance(M1)
CS-Vector(M2)....."The Teladi Eagle and the Teladi Firebird"

AP-Gunner (NPC Only)

Still have my eye on a few other ships I would like to put in...Lets see how the permissions go on this first.. :D

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sat, 28. Apr 07, 12:31

Sounds, very nice: I wait for the final release. :D

Could it be possible for you to make a version without a player owned sector, just a rusty M5 as only property at the beginning like in the normal game. I like to start from scratch as "self made man"...8)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sun, 29. Apr 07, 11:06

@NavaCorp...If you have X2 Editor you can do that yourself...Just open up the map and goto Rebels Ridge..Delete all the player owned stuff at start..Walla! your just in your rusty old Disco.

Sent out 5 different e-mails and 3 came back as no longer available. :( ..Looks like this may be a final after all if I can get no permissions.

Going to start work on a new mod I think...19 people have downloaded this one so far and it would be better to release a new one in a month or so, then to try and update this one with another large download of .cat and .dat and updated map..So go ahead and download it and enjoy, I'll post a new one later when it is finished..Cheers :)

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 29. Apr 07, 15:26

Pogi wrote:@NavaCorp...If you have X2 Editor you can do that yourself...Just open up the map and goto Rebels Ridge..Delete all the player owned stuff at start..Walla! your just in your rusty old Disco.
Ok, I'll do it with X2-Editor. :)

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Mon, 30. Apr 07, 12:55

HEY POGI .. JUST DOWLOADED THIS MOD AND INSTALLED IT. :evil: IT CRASHED THE PC. ANY IDEAS ?? I CAN PLAY ALL MODS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES INCLUDING MY OWN DEVELOPING MOD. WHEN I SAY CRASH, I MEAN "CRASH" STRAIGHT TO DESKTOP .... HAVE LOADED ONLY WHAT SCRIPTS ETC THAT WERE SUPPLIED WITH MOD. :? SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS IT LOOKS OK.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Mon, 30. Apr 07, 13:14

The same happened to me. It seems to be a problem with the map. I first started the mod in the in-game galaxy editor -> crash. Then I started the mod with normal Example.xml -> no problem.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Mon, 30. Apr 07, 15:26

:? ...Hmmm..could be a number of things...Been 26 downloads of the mod so far with no problems...Try this..On the first start screen click "ignore last setting and start from default"..That seems to help when having problems with a new mod..There are no imbedded scripts in the .cat or .dat..could be you have a init. or setup in the script folder "from another mod" trying to find a sector that is not there any longer..Like I said a number of things could cause this problem..Most likely galaxy...init..or setup .xml in the scripts folder...But as every persons setup of their game is different, it would be impossible for me to guess..Good luck.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Mon, 30. Apr 07, 16:46

I just downloaded your mod once again. I renamed the scripts-folder, created a new one. Then I copied the scripts beginning with ! in the scripts folder and then everything from the rar-file to the appropriate place. I play in German, so I renamed the t-files to 49*** and changed the language id in the xml to 49. It still did crash. And again, it didn't crash using the Example.xml map. The sector names were yours, so obviously no problem with the t-files.

So I checked the scripts and I found the script named 'Pogi.Shipyard2' is missing. This can't be the reason, but I hadn't a better idea, so back to X2 to comment the line in the setup script.

Silly me! I wanted to load the example map, but I choosed the Rebel Ridge map. And it loaded! Back to desktop (by choice this time) and in again... it loaded.

Don't know what the problem was, but it works for me now.

I did all this work on my notebook which has poor graphics. I have an X2-Installation for scripting purpose on it. So can't say much about the mod by now. But I will have a closer look at it this evening. Then I will give you some feedback.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Mon, 30. Apr 07, 17:36

:) ..Glad things worked out for you..The Pogi.Shipyard2 is for my next mod..Right now it's a "null", your right, it will have no effect in the game..Enjoy

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Mon, 30. Apr 07, 17:40

Ahhh..Just thought of something..It is best when starting a new mod to start a game using the normal universe map and regular Egosoft unmodded cat.dat..Go into the script editor and re-initiate all scripts..This will get rid of all init.**** scripts from prior mods in the backup folder..Cheers

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Sun, 6. May 07, 15:02

:cry: hey pogi. Tried a number of different options, deleted backups etc.. still no good. Crashes to desktop! I actually only run supplied scripts and t files in all the mod versions. Never have mix ups or conflicts because i prefer to use the supplied scripts to enjoy that mod. Occasionally add wingman scripts and nav sti to make things more enjoyable.

If anyone has an idea that might help, i'd be greatful. I myself over the years have collected scripts from heaps of sites and have most mods avail as it keeps the x-perience alive!

Hey, i know... i'm truly an x-junkie !! haha even tried my hand a fanfic.

Please help anyone cause i like the "lag free idea" of pogi's and would love to play his mods. I have about 15 designed x universe maps of my own making.. to go with my supermod.. but still working on the ingame visible mapping.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sun, 6. May 07, 23:29

@blazermick...First, take a deep breath and don't let your blood pressure get to high..Not good for you.. :D

There has been 34 downloads of Rebels Ridge with two reported complaints, yours and Chris Gi's..Chris figured his out, so I can only assume that there is some problem at your end..With that said your options are as follows:

Do a complete re-install of X2 (delete the Egosoft folder after uninstall)
Make sure you upgrade properly to 1.4
Download my newest mod (it has improvements over the last and many more ships) and try it instead.

Run a program such as CCleaner (filehippo.com) "after" you uninstall the game..This cleans up a lot of resident files as well as the registry.

If you don't want to re-install the game the only advice I have is to start a "regular" game with regular map..Go into the script editor and "re-iniate" script cache"....Hmmmm you deleted your backup folder?..I would suggest you re-install the game.

Here is a tip: I make a backup copy of the "entire" Egosoft folder when I install the game...I do a fresh install, upgrade to 1.4 and add all the bonus material, then I right click on the main Egosoft folder and save the entire folder to a .rar file using winrar. Whenever I have a serious problem then with scripts acting stupid or just want to start from scratch again, I just simply "delete" the original Egosoft folder and drag and drop the new one back in from my backup..No need to go thru the un-install process and the registry is not effected..Quick and easy...Good luck

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:08

Feedback? Anybody playing this? 74 downloads since release..Comments?

bolmy
x3

Post by bolmy » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:28

I've downloaded it, and it works fine, I just havent played it too much, been pre-occupied with another mod at the moment. So far though it looks really cool. Good work. One thing that bothers me a bit (yeah, I'm picky) is no telling you what ship you've selected or where the next gate leads...niggly things I know, but they bug me a tiny bit.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 17:53

Thanks for your comment...Yeah I know what you mean, but that would entail my wife changing her name to Betty and me figuring out how to add audio to the game....Both very unlikely to happen :D

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 23:18

Adding audio like ship names and such isn't that difficult at all. The only problem may be your wife :D (mine didn't change her name to Betty either, so I had to work with samples from the audio that came with the game).

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”