TrackIR 4 Pro

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dashik
x3

TrackIR 4 Pro

Post by Dashik » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 21:51

Hi guys.

Love this game. How about getting it TrackIR enabled? Or has somebody already posted about this?

Here's their site http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Really fancy this game with TrackIR 4 support. I just got one after dithering for the last 6 months and its really good. Love it in FS2004/FSX etc. Oh and no I have no association with naturalpoint etc.

Cheers!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 23:26

I've done a quick search on TrackIR but can't see any reports of anyone using it. I'm guessing, therefore, that it doesn't work. It has been indicated that 2.0.02 was the final patch, so I would advise against expecting any further updates to add this functionality.

hyena5
x3

Post by hyena5 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 00:32

TIR would be sweet, but I think they declined to code it in. You would have to use it as mouse emulation and of course no vector support. Personally I dont think I would use it as much with X3 as with a regular flight sim. I dont bother tracking where other ships are with the nifty radar and speed at which the ships turn. No radar + cockpit only + slower turning and it would be a must, but im not really missing it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 02:53

it was actually been brough up a few times in the past, and there were some ppl who were trying it out, but i dont remember what the results were and if they did ever get it to work.

but as far as i know, you can map the TrackIR to the Hud Control keys to emulate the effect of looking around the cockpit

Dashik
x3

Post by Dashik » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 22:31

Sounds like it might be worth a try, I'll go read up on it etc. Thanks.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 22:46

and on a related note, I got X3 to work with 3D glasses by eDimensional... in case that ever comes up :)
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Switch 9
x2

Post by Switch 9 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 23:09

I believe that you can use the Track IR to emulate a joystick POV hat...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”