I've created some new and improved Flak sound effects

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khaak_Slayer
x4

I've created some new and improved Flak sound effects

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 18:27

This pack improves (greatly, greatly) upon the sound effect of the Alpha and Beta Flak Artillery Array that is played when the shell detonates.

I stayed up late last night mixing them and created four slightly different versions, previews are included.

I also included some new launch effects for the Firestorm Torpedo and the Mosquito Missile, these i did not make.

I grew so sick of the Flack sound i just had to do something about it.

Additional details are in the readme.

If you think the Flak effects should be altered in any way, give me some feed back!

Enjoy dudes.

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/17248596/X3 ... ffects.rar

(Scroll to the bottom right and choose "Free").
Last edited by Khaak_Slayer on Mon, 19. Feb 07, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.

Gotcha!
x3tc

Post by Gotcha! » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 19:12

Join the club. :D

Minsc's work: (I believe he changed the sounds as well)
http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 9&start=15

My work: (I just lowered the volume down with 80% and 60%.)
http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=170951

Baron von Beer
x3tc

Post by Baron von Beer » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 19:34

maybe I'm missing something but that rapidshare link appears to be to the upload portion. It is asking to log in or create a collectors account, rather than linking to the download.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 20:49

Ah yes, thanks, the link has been updated.

Also, this is an entirely new sound effect, Minsc just changed the volume really.
Rawr.

Minsc

Post by Minsc » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 21:11

Hi!
Actually the mod consists of 4 sounds combined together (mixed in and adapted, and cleaned) to make a arty sound effect that goes along with the explosions to. Becouse of the artysoundfiles being the same used for big/med explosions they have to go hand in hand or else arty sound good but explosions sounds strange/bad.
I made 4 version or was it 5, with volume difference both for the whole sound file and certain places in the sound file!

(Although my first mod in the middle of the page was just a change of explosion sound to go from soundfile 920>919 for smoother sound explosion noise!)

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 00:01

ahh right, yeah i remember. it wasn't actually the volume levels alone of the original that bothered me the most (well, ok yes it was), but the actual sound effect. it was too repetitive and sounded far too unique to be used over and over in quick succession. So my aim was to achieve a sound that was quite generic and futuristic sounding that would also sound good used with many many artillery cannons spread out over a carrier.

I really wish there was a standalone add-on mod/ship that would serve as an immobile defense emplacement. like a main structure and a turret on the top and another on the bottom, which could have different lasers added and removed.

Is there one? I have a really kool image in my mind of that, i think i'll sketch it out.
Rawr.

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 07:30

Has anyone tried rl flak sound effects? it may not sound as menacing but maybe thats what it needs? rather than an explosion its more of a pop

it would be nice if the bala gi hq had flak all around the top dome part :twisted:
pirates never get the hint so i just gave in and put 6 laser towers at each gate that way i dont have to bother.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 16:21

Have you tried mine? Has anyone?
Rawr.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 19:31

As someone once pointed out, in space there would be no sound. :P

But, the real reason I posted, did you take into account the stuff minsc said about the sounds being tied together with outer explosions?

Siath

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 21:51

What do you mean by that? could you please elaborate.
Rawr.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 22:24

Minsc wrote:Hi!
Actually the mod consists of 4 sounds combined together (mixed in and adapted, and cleaned) to make a arty sound effect that goes along with the explosions to. Becouse of the artysoundfiles being the same used for big/med explosions they have to go hand in hand or else arty sound good but explosions sounds strange/bad.
I made 4 version or was it 5, with volume difference both for the whole sound file and certain places in the sound file!

(Although my first mod in the middle of the page was just a change of explosion sound to go from soundfile 920>919 for smoother sound explosion noise!)
This is what I meant, I also meant other not outer.

Siath

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 01:14

Yes I have tried your sound mod,s its much better than the generic annoying no bass cracking sound but what i mean by rl sounds is the WWII flak cannons they were not loud explosions or any kinda of explosion sounds(no massive fire balls) it was a short deep pop sound when the head exploded and sent the shrapnel everywhere.

I have some samples if you want to hear then i can email it to you just pm me with email.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 01:49

siath70 wrote:
Minsc wrote:Hi!

This is what I meant, I also meant other not outer.

Siath
Gotcha. actually no i've not, but i believe it's possible to add additional sound effects, i still need to test an idea i had though. i'll get back to you.

and @Dyroi - Ah right, i see! That's alright thanks, i've seen enough WWII documentaries to know what you're on about, that's true.. but i guess in space where ships are better armored and even have shielding technology things have to have a little more kick to them.

Also, awesome, thanks for trying them out!
Rawr.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 01:50

Cool, thanks :)

Siath

JCDenton513
x3

Post by JCDenton513 » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 19:21

Good job. I really like Flak 2.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 20:53

I like the missle sounds...awsome job...especally when my eclips sunndenly (not sure exactly why) missle spamed an enemy pirate ship...

just wish the flack had some sorta reload sound also to make it sound like it was reloading for another shot...other then that I like the sounds
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 10:17

Thank you very much Khaak_Slayer. Just got my first Titan and only had 4 Flaks. Wanted to load up on them but the noise was driving me crazy as it was. Problem solved thanks to you :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”