[SCRIPT] Law Enforcement Device MKI - v1.00 2007-01-21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 06:50

defiant1 wrote:also did you or some one mention somthin about smerl...(i dont remember the blasted lettering combos) that delt with some kinda satelight or sat respawn [or somthin like that?] made by cy or some other person that would also make this even better??
Aye, that's Cycrow's SEWN (Satellite Early Warning Network) script. It's brilliant (although if you find a problem with sats not respawning, let me know as I found a bug and I'm not sure if Cycrow had a chance to fix it in the release version). http://x3.ircwhore.co.uk/Scripts/sewn/

SMERL...good name...someone needs to write a script to fit that acronym. ;)

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 06:56

lol Sencer Management Equipment Relocatible Logistics (SMERL)was somthin i thought of since i wasnt sure of the sequence of the other one and kinda partly cus im tired (already ran my type 6 shuttle into my excelsior class ship)...but im sure you could think of somthin for it :P...your mod is a neat one too...

PS: thier i created an acrynim for ya...:P:P enjoy...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 04:23

Bah, Sorry about the CMP thing. I always think of it as that instead of EMP :P EMP to me sound I dunno like a weapon! :P

Sorry about the mix up.
Siath

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 13:28

Yeah, especially considering there is an Electro Magnetic Pulse add-on.
Rawr.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 23:35

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but the script doesnt seem to work, i have all the prerequisit i see all the script in the script browser, but it doesnt add the item in the argon equipment dock, anyone know how i can fix that? By manualy activating something, or f0orcing the setup program to work?

Sephiroth-omega
x3tc

Post by Sephiroth-omega » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 09:57

Yeah! It dosnt work for me either.

Though ive a few suggestions for the mod.

1) Make an option that the Pirate/Smuggler ships can pay a "TAX" of 100 Credits for not getting their ID's transmitted to the Sector forces. If they not pay, they get transmitted their ID's to the Police immediately. Should they pay, the Pirates/Traders should remain neutral (blue). Though, not all will pay (like not all pilots will jump out if you try to capture their ships).

2) Make an option to configure the Settings of the Law Enforcement Device for every Races Sector (means that you could have one setting for all Argon sectors, one for all Teladi ones, etc...).

3) Your own ships should also be scanned. If they transport Illegal goods a certain amount of Credits should be deducted from the Player account, and the entry in the Scan log should be deleted (for Uni Trader it should be deducted from their account). If the Player has not enough money in the account, the ID of the ship with the illegal wares should be transmitted to the Sectorforces like it would be with normal Pirates.
Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once (William Shakespeare)

Ours is not to question why, only but to do or die. [The Charge of the Light Brigade (Battletech)]

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 19:04

ok dont laugh but i finaly reaised, that i didnt have emp installed, wich is also explain why other script wasnt working. i now remember to have forgotten installing some script when i download all of them, and the emp is included.

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 19:32

jocan2003: thanks for letting me know what your issue was. LEMKI is actually a pretty simple (in design) script as it was my first one. Not a lot should be able to go wrong. Also, there's nothing wrong with digging up an old thread in a case like this. It is my understanding that script threads like this one are the most appropriate place for technical support discussion for that script, no matter how long ago the last post was. This is very different from, for example, regular discussion threads.

Sephirorth-omega: Regarding your fine suggestions:
1) The various government authorities have found hard-line implementation of their laws more appropriate (and profitable). Seizing illicit goods and occasionally ships, rather than collecting fines, has been deemed much better for the commonwealth. ;)
2) Not really hard, but more work than I really want to put into this script. I want to keep it simple.
3)Your own ships are be scanned, and if your current ship is carrying illegal goods, you are warned. But since I'm not too interested in implementing (1)...

The real problem is that I've become much busier in RL than I was not too long ago so I've not even had time to play X3 for myself. So my "all suggestions welcome" is a bit diminished by that right now. :oops:

Thanks all.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 20:29

I changed few thing in the script for my own gameplay suit, i changed all the civilian anger chance to 1% because with huge fleet like the one im building, it can quickly turn to a mess of *you have loosed recognition* because my patrol killed all split on sight because only one turned red on the scanner... and its even worsed if one military turn red....

just to let my impression off, but for solo play and merchant play with no offesive unit patroling the civilian turning red is a must :D involve gameplay.

BTW the script is awesome, finaly i got something to do to get some cash. Killing pirate invading wasnt enough since i was waiting 30 minute to have a small skirmish, now even the pirate that just finished buying my goods get killed and a part of my goods returned more profit for me :D

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 20:40

Glad you're enjoying it. :) And that's one of the greatest joys of learning to script, if only a little. Not only can you create all new functionality, but, perhaps even better, you can tweak all the other scripts (including ES scripts) to work they way you think they should. For example, I've rewritten all of the core ES move and jump scripts to support Cycrow's Advanced Jumpdrive. :twisted: (And before anyone asks, no I can't release them. Sorry. :()

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 21:02

im trying to lerarn scripting in X-3 slowly, im used to script for UFO-After series, Ultima online free shard and few other game, but this game is a totally new language for me, and the script editor look very powertfull too.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”