[Script] Hotkey Radiation Blast 04/04/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TycHouse
x3tc

[Script] Hotkey Radiation Blast 04/04/2006

Post by TycHouse » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 22:59

Thanks to @artblade for the original idea some weeks ago, i've decided to unleash the power of the radiation blast on the unsuspecting x3 community ;)

From the readme:

Code: Select all

Description:

Adds a new 'hotkey' command to your controls menu under 'interface'

Radiation Blast - collapses & compresses up to 60% shields to create an intense ship/missile damaging blast. Damage caused by the blast depends on your scanner range, your total shield capacity, your power generator & the distance you are from the other ship(s).

Background: It has long been known that the sudden collapse of an electric field causes a backwards flowing electro-magnetic force (back EMF), scientists have managed to harness this power to produce a blast of radiation which is emitted from your ship and will damage any other ships in range. This force wave can be 'tuned' with the use of a Crystal to only affect enemy ships, thus reducing the accidental kills of friendly ships, the crystal is unfortunately destroyed once used.

Installation:

Unzip the installation file, you will have two files

X3_Radiation_Blast_EN.txt    - this readme file
     X3_Radiation_Blast_v100.exe  - the main install files

Run the .exe file and point it to your X3 folder.
   (For manual installation copy .\scripts\*.xml to .\x3\scripts\ and .\t\*.xml to .\x3\t\)

Usage:

Once installed, load the game and go to the Game Controls Menu. Select the 'Interface' tab and scroll to the very bottom of the list. You should see a new option, allocate your preferred key in the normal way.

When in space (ie not docked) simply press the allocated key to activate the function.

Compatability:

There should be no conflicts with other scripts, no command slots are used.
   Language files 448181.xml & 498181.xml are used.

Download as usual from here

Have fun :D

TycHouse
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

qtv
x3

Post by qtv » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 00:07

Sounds like a great idea! Will try it when i finish the plot.

Hmm, just a thought, could you modify this so that it goes off when a ship is destroyed, or hull strength reaches 1%, ie like an explosion effect?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 00:25

Interesting.

I was thinking it'd be more of a timer/bomb sorta thing, but I'll give this a go. :D

ALso, I wonder where he got the idea? :P

©ArtBlade
x3

Post by ©ArtBlade » Thu, 6. Apr 06, 02:53

hehehehe :) TycHouse and fud in one topic, now me... can't be coincidence now can it :)
wondering how to reverse a reversed sleep pattern
My Scripts (English + Deutsch)
I am not impatient. I just live fast

A Team
x3

Power

Post by A Team » Wed, 3. May 06, 21:06

I think you need to reduce the power of the blast. It feels way 2 powerful.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 3. May 06, 21:12

ever heard of the H Bomb...

same priciple for radiation :wink:

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Wed, 3. May 06, 23:33

yes indeed something like this should be done when ships are destroyed, that would be great :D

Something to do with the ships max shield strength when it was destroyed, maybe 1 meter radius per 1MJ, sure not very much for the M5 with 3MJ shield, but 9GJ shielding is 9000MJ = 9km damage radius when a capitol ship blows up. Other capitol ship shields should cope therefore survive it but anything without sufficient shielding wouldn't. Also maybe the closer you are the more damage is done.

This would be consistent with 'real' ship explosions (as in sci fi), much more 'realistic' than we have now.

What do you guys think? Can anyone do this? Or am I just dreaming :P

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Thu, 4. May 06, 18:27

Heretic666 wrote:yes indeed something like this should be done when ships are destroyed, that would be great ....
I think it could be done, just tie the script basics into the signal.killed event, unfortunately i'm too busy atm with other stuff, if i get a moment free i'll look into it :wink:
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 6. Feb 07, 18:24

Do it! That would be excellent, but a little less powerful for smaller vessels, capital ships however would be more powerful, and have a larger field of effect denoted by some kind of awesome special effect.

Come to think of it, it would probably make more sense to have it exclusively for capital ships, like an on-board reactor/generator going critical and breaching upon destruction. That would add an additional and interesting level of tactics/gameplay when destroying stations and capital ships, knowing that you have to get the heck out of the blast radius instead of being able to just loiter under the ship's dorsal side shooting away at the hull until it eventually blows up.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 7. Feb 07, 04:14

You might want to look at the explosion effects on the Xtended mod as they are already doing this when cap ships die. Perhaps they can offer some pointers.

Nexuswolf

Post by Nexuswolf » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 18:48

*poke* Any chance on having a lovely scripter out there take the idea generated in these replies on as a new script? I would like to see a explosion effect to destroyed ships, nothing massively powerful, but when it gets to caps ships being close by when it goes splat would be a very bad idea. ^_^

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”