[SCRIPT]Unlimited Resources v1.2 [30th Jan 2008) -Ashleys Factories conflict resolved

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nirwin
x3tc

[SCRIPT]Unlimited Resources v1.2 [30th Jan 2008) -Ashleys Factories conflict resolved

Post by nirwin » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 14:56

Name: Unlimited Resources

Version: 1.2

Known compatability: x3:reunion v2.0.02 + v2.5

Description:
This script will keep your factories' resources at maximum so you don't have to supply them with anything.

Usage:
Go to the stations 'command console', and highlight a blank command slot (none), press RETURN and then select 'Unlimited Resources' from the list. Your stations resources will now be topped up every 30 seconds.

I advise you backup your saves before using this script (just in case)

:arrow:
Zip: Here
CSI: Here (Cycrow Script Installer)

WARNING:
If you use Ashleys' Factories, you will find this script conflicts with it. To fix this problem download this modified version of the script instead. Sadly this version conflicts with "Install Crystal Free SPP Upgrade, by Serial Kicked and/or Removes Resources from Factory, Resource-Free Factory by arcana75 ". Sorry but all the command slots are used, so it's one or the other. If you use this script you probably won't need the other two this script clashes with anyway.
Zip: Here
CSI: Here (Cycrow Script Installer)

:arrow:
Changelist:
v1.2 - Further improvement for PlayerHQ. Wares are now added in the (roughly) correct proportion, so overstocking should not be an issue.

v1.1 - Fixed problem with Headquarters & removed dependency on LVs add.ware command.

v1.0 - Initial release
Last edited by nirwin on Thu, 31. Jan 08, 14:17, edited 7 times in total.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sun, 10. Dec 06, 13:13

This scripts sounds great for my power plants, will try it out.
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Ice-Dragon
x3

Post by Ice-Dragon » Sun, 10. Dec 06, 17:25

Great script :D :D

money for nothing gotta love that

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 10:20

Cheers people,

I must say it has helped me get started with the functionality of the PHQ, I couldn't be bothered to set up a load of suppliers for all the wares, so I didn't and my HQ sat there doing nothing.

But the brilliance of it is, I'm not cheating, I'm "testing"! :D
Nirwin
------

Bos_Hybrid
x3

Post by Bos_Hybrid » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 12:31

Great script, thanks.

Nathansalyer
x3

how do I get patch to work

Post by Nathansalyer » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 05:30

I was trying to download your patch for unlimited resources in stations but I think i did something wrong because it did not work

xierxior
x3

Post by xierxior » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 22:48

I was getting tired of my convoys getting killed becuase they seem to think it's a GOOD idea to fly through xenon sectors :roll: anyways this is a awsome script because its cut my work load down by 50 percent.

nirwin
x3tc

Re: how do I get patch to work

Post by nirwin » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 10:05

Nathansalyer wrote:I was trying to download your patch for unlimited resources in stations but I think i did something wrong because it did not work
Do you mean you could not download it, or it did not work in game? If you mean downloading, I have just tested it and it seems to be ok at the moment, could have been a server glitch.

If you mean in game, does the option appear in the commands list?
Nirwin
------

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 09:11

i tried this script and i noticed that my stations seemed to stop selling goods ?

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 6. Feb 07, 15:23

is there a possibility you could set max limits for the wares added to the HQ, as it adds way too much of one and not enough of the other, i was thinking along the lines of where the limits are set to the required amount for a capship i think M2's require the most.

ive notice the script continues to run after you deactivate it,

to change the tone of this post your script really does rock
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

chilipalmer
x3

Post by chilipalmer » Tue, 6. Feb 07, 16:03

garrry34 wrote:is there a possibility you could set max limits for the wares added to the HQ, as it adds way too much of one and not enough of the other, i was thinking along the lines of where the limits are set to the required amount for a capship i think M2's require the most.

ive notice the script continues to run after you deactivate it,

to change the tone of this post your script really does rock
it filled all of mine to the max. ?

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 6. Feb 07, 17:14

it filled mine to the 500,000 but there is usually too much teladiadium or ore basically the larger materials, then there is no room left for the smaller materials, thats just one example
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 12:58

Sorry everyone, I didn't notice the replies here.

But I came here to post that I had noticed a problem with the PHQ supplying too much of some resources...

I will work on this problem and fix it soon hopefully, the problem is that the HQ doesn't work like a factory, so it doesn't say how much of each material it needs at any one time, so you just have to give it certain amounts.

I once saw a thread about what components were required and in what quantity to build different ships, can anyone find it for me? As that information would be very useful in fixing this script.

As a short term solution, just load up on all the resources it has an excess of, in a ship with a big cargo bay, undock, and eject/sell the excess. then the script will carry on adding the supplies, including any you were short on.

About the script still running when disabled, are you sure? Maybe your HQ is just full so you think something is interfering with transfers - tricked me for a while. I never noticed this, but I will look into it and make sure.

Update coming soon.

---EDIT---
Personal note: The information to solve this problem can be found from here http://www.exogenesis.co.uk/HQProductionCosts.htm
Nirwin
------

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 13:27

It doesnt work with Ashleys XXL fabs :(

It needs to be assigned to a different command....STATION 59 conflicts with the fix resources option. Is this easy to change?

werevolf
x3

Post by werevolf » Sun, 7. Oct 07, 14:35

the download links are broken.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 19:03

Download links fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

The command slot can easily be changed. What does fix resources do?

---EDIT---

Whilst I was fixing the links, I thought I may as well make the improvements, I have been meaning to make for a while.
I altered the script so that now, for the Player HQ, the necessary wares will be added in the appropriate proportions, so you should now no longer get a build up of certain wares at your Player HQ that fill up the storage.

The new version (1.2) can be downloaded from the first page. Please let me know how this works out.

If you need the previous release, it can be downloaded from the links below:
Zip | Spk
Nirwin
------

LokRar

Post by LokRar » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 13:58

Just to ask a question regarding the command slot:

As it stands, the currently set command slot is used by Ashley's Fix Resources command for the XXL fabs. Is this intended so as to run along with the "fix resources" thing so that the fabs are kept supplied?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 17:00

From what I understand, it is not. It is a realtively simple change, in the script editor, find the "setup.cheat.unlimitedresource" and change the line that adds the command to something other than where fix resources is.

Then, save the script and reload.

The fix resources command in ashley's fabs is meant to make sure that the station has the proper resources, it has been known to mess up...

TFO Bloodlust
x4

Post by TFO Bloodlust » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 16:33

I'm not that great with the script editor. I have Ashley's Factories and I want this also so could someone walk me through how to change the command please.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 16:48

TFO Bloodlust wrote:I'm not that great with the script editor. I have Ashley's Factories and I want this also so could someone walk me through how to change the command please.
I will offer an alternative version, I will try and alter it and make it available tonight, but no promises.

Sadly these conflicts are unavoidable with 'cheat' scripts, because we are not allowed to register the resources they use.

UPDATE!
I have uploaded a version of the script that does not clash with Ashleys Factories.
To download this alternate version, check the first post in this thread.
Nirwin
------

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”