[AL-Plugin][V2.0] Set Crystals Primary Resource

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[AL-Plugin][V2.0] Set Crystals Primary Resource

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 17:50

Set Crystals primary resource, EN/DE V2.0
This little script changes crystals from secondary to primary rescource for every Solar Power Plant. That way, a SPP will not produce any ECs whithout crystals.

Warning: This script will result in a complete breakdown of the X-Universe economy and production if crystals are not provided by the player.

Also note that player crystal factories have to be filled with other resources, so a complete NPC breakdown might result in a player-crystal fab breakdown as well. There are several dozen extra crystal fabs necessary to provide the universue with crystals if SPPs really use them!

[ external image ] _ [ external image ]

This Script works for X³ EN, DE etc., V1.0-2.0.02ff. SPPs that do not exist in vanilla game (meaning XXL-SPPs and other mods) will not be changed.

A readme and an uninstall-routine are included. This Script is packed as a .zip-file with four .xml-Scriptfiles, one .spk-file for the X-Script-Installer and the .txt-ReadMe are included.

Direct Download V2.0
[ external image ]

>>>more information<<<

Resources:
No Resources needed
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sat, 4. Oct 08, 18:46, edited 5 times in total.

Joshua_Dahl
x3

Post by Joshua_Dahl » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 18:26

Downloaded! I suspect it will probably take some time for the economy to stop, but I am going to experiment with this at some point this weekend. I dont rely that much on the AI economy for my needs so I shouldnt be hurt that much if it crashes.

I think it will probably be best to preemptively built dozens of crystal fabs and their support factories before using this script.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 28. Jan 07, 16:28

I did some testing today: After five ingame-hours, about one third of the SPPs had stopped working. I calculated that you'd need about 200 Crystal Fabs to keep up the supply. By now, I built 9... I think it's fun, but a longtime task :wink:

I'll write some kind of diary in the german forum, here. Might translate it later.

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 02:05

This sounds like a cool script. However, I think alot of folks would be more interested if it were in Cycrows .spk format. Thanks.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 13:41

I really don't know where the problem ist with not using the .spk - don't you want to copy two (!) files from one folder to another, or is it just a security issue? It is a .zip-folder with two .xml-files and a complete .txt-readme in it. .spk does not make the install or uninstall-routine easier. I just know of many scripts where there is trouble due to wrong packaging with the .spk, so it installs the wrong files to the wrong folders. And as players never looked at those folders, they can't see where the problem is and just tell "This script doesn't work", although they'd be able to fix it instantly.

After more than ten ingame-hours, business is still running :wink:

platinawolf
x4

Post by platinawolf » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 21:40

SymTec ltd. wrote:.spk does not make the install or uninstall-routine easier
And Slackware is as easy to manage as Gentoo? They are practicly the same but Gentoo has a package manager :P That makes all the difference in the world :P People dont want to write up every single file they copy over :P They want a package handling system so they can easely remove/add mods :P Without having to use the darn clumsy Explorer.exe application :P

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 21:49

Well, I might have a look. It's just that it doesn't really make releasing a script easier, as you have to pack all these Scripts once more.
platinawolf wrote:People dont want to write up every single file they copy over
-> That's why I include a readme that lists every included file :wink:

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 22:21

But you can handle .zip's?

I now tried to pack it as .spk - could anyone try to download it (same link) an tell if it worked? I'm especially curious about the .dat the program created :o :wink: - you still first have to uninstall the script ingame, don't you forget that!

platinawolf
x4

Post by platinawolf » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 00:30

Havnt tried it out yet :P Probably will tomorrow :P But the point is that people dont like having seperate lists :P The mod manager keeps One list for all mods, easely viewable as long as ya dont have 20+ mods but its still easier than having to deal with 20+ individual lists in .txt format slowing down access time :P Besides, people are lazy. Besides, back to the Slackware vs Gentoo issue :P Slackware doesnt have any package managing system and the user has to write everything down for himself. Gentoo might be slow to install but atleast you dont have any problem dealing with shared resources and the like :P

I could rant a while longer but :P When theres such a easy to use package creator :P Its basicly harder to write the readme :P Just drag and drop what I saw :P

dtrowle
xr

Post by dtrowle » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 06:23

The .spk works fine. I've crashed the X3 economy and heavily invested in crystal fabs and am currently making millions of crystals! I recommend building a fab or two before installing this script though. But it does make the game very interesting. :)

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 15:21

wow, platinawolf, that's the most faces in a post i've ever seen i think.

anyway, i'm going to wait a bit and get a bunch of Crystal fabs before i go ruining my economy ;d

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 07:22

actually i'm rather curious, i've been playing X3 again for several days now and have a crystal forge.. which is totally useless! every single station in my universe that has crystals as a resource is almost completely fully stocked (literally only a hundred or so off), and also, every single SPP has a full compliment of ECs all for 12Cr.. i've come to notice quite a few stations are rather well-stocked on their resources/products (only a few types mind you).
But still, it just seems wrong, i've never noticed something like this before. it's completely pointless owning a Crystal Fab when the universe has no need for them.

What do you make of this? Is it possible something is broken in my economy?

I think i'm actually going to install this now purely because i have a need for it.

So yeah, Thanks!
Rawr.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 07:28

Bugger, the download links are broken, sigh, just my luck.
Rawr.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 13:27

Yeah, DL's broken - Might take a while, I don't have access to fix the forum the files are uploaded.

@Khaak_Slayer: As soon as you have you own SPP, you'll know what a crystal fab is good for...

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 13:44

SymTec, oh i know, i have had them before. thing is, there's no point in having one now either as there's so very very many ECs about, the demand in them is remarkably low. this script would probably balance them a bit, or atleast drain them somewhat.

Do you have the files on your computer? if you want to e-mail me i could host them for you as a mirror.
Rawr.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 13:56

I can E-mail the file to you if you want to play it - I'm only waiting for the message of the guy that has access to the DL-Server, who knows if it is really damaged or just having some little problem, then I'll build up my mirror or just wait...

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 20:26

Oh yes please, that would be great! I'll PM you my Address.

Thanks very much.
Rawr.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 22:41

Mirror uploaded

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 14:11

Won't the NPCs buy Crystals from trading stations?

Or maybe the SPPs don't own any ships and therefore can't stock up in crystals, right?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 18:52

Of course, NPCs buy crystals at Trading Stations and crystal fabs. But the crystals are going to run out pretty soon, and they are not restocked but by the production of the crystal fabs. There is no chance this is enough... :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”