Docking a TP to an M1 - is it possible?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ForbiddenKnowledge
x2

Docking a TP to an M1 - is it possible?

Post by ForbiddenKnowledge » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 12:36

So, my quick question is: I have the BC303 from Tensins page as my main ship, and I want to know if it is possible to internally dock a TP to it, as I also have the EA Shuttle from tensins page, is there a way to make it dock internally, or is the docking of these ships hard coded to be external?
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 12:52

Well its something that is part of this mod.

http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=165962

Of course it's a Mod, dunno if it will help.
Dual 3GHz Xeon (Nocana 800FSB).
Asus NCCH-DL MoBo.
2 GB Geil Ultra PC3200 Dual Channel Ram.
Asus GeForce 6800GT 256MB.
Creative Audigy 2.
Maxtor 300 GB SATA HDD X 2
Akasa Eclipse-62.
Lots of Blue Neon.
Saitek X52.

ForbiddenKnowledge
x2

Post by ForbiddenKnowledge » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 13:19

Interesting, Have had a look, but thats far more than what I wanted. I guess I'll just have to keep using my fighters on my M1 then.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 16:31

You would have to change the DOCKTYPE in the DUMMYS file from ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_FIGHTER to ANIMATEDF_DOCKPORT_STANDARD (see tutorials on X-Wiki at http://www.xwiki.chaos.net.nz/index.php ... ustom_dock and http://www.xwiki.chaos.net.nz/index.php ... e_%28X3%29)

This will do it for all docks of that type.

To modify a single ship, you would have to use a new dock (again, this is explained in the X-Wiki article), which is a complex process.

There will be some serious sizing issues (the dock model isn't big enough for a TS), but clipping is turned off in the last stages of docking, so it should work (never tried it).

Deadly has an external dock for just such occasions in his Mod, allowing TS/TP/M6s to dock externally at M1s/M2s/TLs. It's quite possible to include a custom dock in an XSP, and what's needed to do so is something on my current "to-do" list, after I get my Klingon D-7 and Confed Hades (which needs a custom dock) working.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 16:52

I took Deadly's external dock part and added it to all M1, M2, and TL ships in my game (made new scenes for them all). I can package up the revisions, but I need to get Deadly's blessing first, as it's his docking part I used in mine.

Fwiw, it is a hell of a lot handier being able to dock a TS on a TL.

Also, it'll allow the docking of M6/M7s as well. I made a Titan XL (unused variant) while testing, that has 6 external docks on it. It's a rather impressive site to see an M2 with 6 M7s hanging on the bottom of it. :)

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 19:57

That sounds exceptional fud! Here's hoping you get Deadly's blessing. Thanks so much.

Wudnutr
x3

Post by Wudnutr » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 21:50

Oooh, I can see it now, 3 M2's jumping into a Xenon sector, releasing 18 M7's to go nuts together with some M1's and their figthers... *drools*

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 21:59

Well, *that* particular ship wouldn't be included. It's been modified much more than allowing that (ie 72 guns on it).

It's too much power for any one person to wield. :P

Wudnutr
x3

Post by Wudnutr » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 22:06

Bleh, you're nothing more then a tease! :P

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”