Printable Ship Stats bala gi (pdf & ods)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klyith
x3

Printable Ship Stats bala gi (pdf & ods)

Post by Klyith » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 21:23

One of the constant things I've had around since I started playing X3 is a printout of Boronshark's original X3 ships spreadsheet. Though it had some errors that were never really fixed and slowly became more and more out of date as patches changed the game, it was still invaluable.

A year later, my printouts are older, grimier, covered with tiny cryptic notes and one medium coffee stain. I need something new, and wouldn't it be great if it had current information! But no-one else had done a good update to the old sheets. Recalling the old saying, I sat down and did it myself.

Click to download! (245 kb)
[ external image ]

Edit by Graphil:
Here's a mirror:
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/SS_balagi.zip
End of edit

The zip file contains a pair of PDF files. The one named "w cargo" has the buyable cargo space, the uses the saved space for better readability. There are also OpenDocument spreadsheets, and two fonts. The fonts don't need to be installed if you are printing the pdf, only when working with the spreadsheet.

Volunteers
I don't have pages for TS or TP ships. I personally don't care about TPs much at all, and as far as TS ships go the superiority of the Caimans is so vast that no other TS needs consideration. But if anyone else wants to fill in the sheets for them, email it to me (my name @gmail.com) and I'll add them to the main one. There is a blank sheet to use as a template.

Other Feedback
If you spot any errors or other issues, let me know! I plan to do updates.

Use
Anyone can use & modify this work for any purpose. Modders are free to make new pages with stats of their added ships and package it with their mod. If you distribute a new version I'd appreciate being dropped a line (just so I can see the result).

Thanks to
Egosoft: for the game. It rocks!
Boronshark: the inspiration is obvious.
PCCenter: most of the steer numbers are cribbed from his excellent spreadsheet.
Last edited by Klyith on Thu, 15. Mar 07, 23:23, edited 2 times in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 21:29

Nice one. I know what you mean about "grimier". I've got a universe map I printed out (real nice, printed on glossy paper) about a year ago. It's got a few beer stains on it, a corner's torn off....

One thing about X3, I've used up a tree's worth of paper printing off assorted information and scribbling my own notes/info/scripts while playing. :)

X3: The Rain Forrest Killer

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Sun, 21. Jan 07, 21:51

OK, updated version now available! It now has all acceleration numbers correct from in game stats. I also got the colors & layout a little better.

Termight
x3

Post by Termight » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 02:06

Great job!

Did you just check the stats in-game, or did you find an algorithm that could calculate the weapons slots from the tships data? I was looking at doing something like this, but I couldn't think of a way to do it without a brute-force approach.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 18:27

Termight wrote:Great job!

Did you just check the stats in-game, or did you find an algorithm that could calculate the weapons slots from the tships data? I was looking at doing something like this, but I couldn't think of a way to do it without a brute-force approach.
Thanks!

Stats came from a variety of sources: in-game (acceleration), other sheets (steering from pccenter), but mostly from going through the files with X3 Editor and copying the stats over by hand.

The weapons stuff was all X3 editor (front weapons in Tships and turrets from Tcockpits). I did load up Tships directly as a spreadsheet* to look for formulas for the difficult things like acceleration and steering, but couldn't figure it out. They're not linear and I suspect may be different for each ship class. And even for the things that are plain values in tships (like cargo and the generator stuff), the greater difficulty was going to be copying the data over and getting it formatted nicely. So yes, mostly brute-force, but I think it was actually easier and faster that way.

*renaming it to tships.csv and selecting ';' as the field delimiter makes it work straight from an extracted file

Termight
x3

Post by Termight » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 04:34

Somewhere in S&M there's a topic where they go through and explain (most of) the formulas for acceleration, and the rest. The one thing it doesn't do is tell people how to calculate from the weapon indices which weapons can be mounted. It's better explained here. I was trying to think of a way of reversing the sum easily (ie, without making a table to look things up in) but I couldn't see a way to do it :x

Thanks for all your hard work tho, I hadn't been able to find a file that listed the weapons in their slots. Thanks muchly!

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 21:59

I just dnwld your file. A very good job.
If i am not wrong, i didn't see any stats about TS & TP. Have you forgot to include them or you did in purpose ?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 22:22

Boron TS do have one use.
Using a script I docked one in my TL and use it as a 14000 reserve fuel tank.
A fuel tank that can undock and refill at a SPP.

But I guess it would be sufficient to note the stats of the Caimans and the cargo capacity of the Boron SF. =)

Oh, and TP are great for umm... err... lemme get back to you on that one.

But other than that... awesome work! Thank you. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 02:36

iniochos wrote:I just dnwld your file. A very good job.
If i am not wrong, i didn't see any stats about TS & TP. Have you forgot to include them or you did in purpose ?
As I said in my first post, I didn't get around to M5, TS, & TP. I hoped someone else would do it for me (thus the request for volunteers)...

I actually started on the M5s a few days ago. If I have the time & effort, I'll get the transports in as well. I may also do a bit of clean-up on the column formats -- the "buy" cargo space feels really useless to me. So a new revision may be coming fairly soon.

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 06:37

Ooops, Sorry i didn't see it. :oops: :headbang:

Any time you are ready. :)

Nicholas Kabourakis
x3tc

Post by Nicholas Kabourakis » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 18:34

Klyith wrote:the "buy" cargo space feels really useless to me.
Well, I wouldn't agree with that... It's quite useful when you want to buy a ship to meet specific transport needs, but you don't want spend money to upgrade it's cargo space. I think it's practical to be able to quickly compare "market" cargo holds, especially at the beginning of the game when cash is sparse.

Great job by the way! It's really handy. :)

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 23:18

OK, there's a new version up. It now has all the M5s, including the Starburst and Arrow. Transport ships have defeated me. (Too... Many... Variants!)

Also, there are now two PDF files. The standard one omits the buy cargo space, but spaces the columns out a bit better to make it easier to read. If you like the buy cargo and can't live without it, there's a second pdf named "w cargo" that keeps that info. So everyone should be happy.

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 23:41

Awesome, thanks Klyith!

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 21:08

love your stat table, more if you can include TS stats soon/asap.

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Fri, 11. May 07, 14:41

Ah brilliant work. Been looking for an updated list.

Only a couple of things. Pirate Nova Raider does has a turret. Well at least the one I aquired pre-version 2.0 and later installed V2.0, and the new Pirate Nove Raiders I encounter still shoot at me when I'm behind them.

Also, do the Paranid M3s all have turrets in the V2.0? A little confusing there. Why would anyone want paranid ships with thier useless cargo hold anyway. Dunno, but it looks spectacular having maching fighters for my Zeus. Could be a new thing in V2.0, cos mine are all aquired pre-V2.0.

The one other thing I miss from the old Boron Shark version is the price. I'm not suggesting listing all the s,m,l versions, but maybe just the s price as a comparitive?

Other than that it looks great, much appreciated, Printing now...

influx

Post by influx » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 07:52

I'm trying to find a place to see all the ships stats+picture but this link doesn't work?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 08:24

Clicking on the big picture in Klyith's post worked for me--suggest you try again.

bobingabout
x3

Post by bobingabout » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 23:33

you missed:
M5 Raijin Sentinal

Celestial69
x4

Post by Celestial69 » Tue, 17. Jul 07, 20:52

well one of my first posts on the forums but had to say great PDF's very useful. :)

Telanor

Post by Telanor » Wed, 26. Sep 07, 17:27

The link is broken.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”