[SCRIPT] Yaki Stations V2.21 UPDATE 01/11/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think

Finally, I can buy those Yaki Ships
75%
What's a Yaki?
19%
Why would I want any of THEIR things?
6%

Total votes: 68

DeadZone
x4

Post by DeadZone » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 21:12

Fantastic, glad to see it was a bug and not something to do with me :lol:

KUTGW :thumb_up:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 22:32

Hey, anytime you have a prorblem with a script, its the script writers fault, not yours. :D

I added Bliss Place, Dream farms, Space fuel and Squash mine stations.

On top of that, I parked (after adjusting the resource handler scripts) a SpaceFly Farm and a Pleasure Complex. First, of course makes SpaceFlies, the second Slaves.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 16:14

Read me of what, the OP?

I mean't something along the line of the first post with version update information.
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 17:00

Kilrathi Avenger wrote:I mean't something along the line of the first post with version update information.
First post, with version data. I think I can manage that...

There, and done.

BTW: Cycrows Script installer has the ability to check for script updates.

Click on the 'Update' menu item at the top, and select 'Package'. This will bring up a list of scripts you have installed that support the update feature. Select the checkboxes of the ones you want to get informatin on, and click the button in the lower left 'Check Now!'.

Once the check is done, any script with an update will still have its checkbox marked. Click the button which has changed to 'Download Now'.

If the download was able to acquire any updated scripts, the button changes to 'Install Now'. This will install the new versions. Once done, click the 'Close' button, and your good to go.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 23:58

Hey bud, let me firstly say, brilliant script, truly inspired!!

Although sadly i have two problems, doesnt seem to be anyone else affected by it, or if they are they havent mentioned anything.

1. Whenever I connect one of these stations (ive tried the Space Fly Farm and the Pleasure Complex) to a complex hub the game crashes to desktop the second the construction cutscene is finished.

2. The 2 stations ive tried (Space Fly Farm and the Pleasure Complex) both dont actually produce anything, i loaded them both with energy cells, but I noticed in the Product field it was blank!

I have several (loads) scripts running:

Anarkis Carrier Commands
Assassins Guild
Asteroid Creator
Auto Upgrade
Automated Defence System
BBS Extras
Khaak Capture Plugin
Move to Coordinates
Nividium Mines
Overtune BBS
Ring of Fire
Scrap Ship at HQ
Station / Complex Seller
System Override Software MK2
Xenon Shipyard
and finally....
Yaki and Missiles

Do you think it maybe clashing with one of these scripts or have others encountered this problem?

Thanks again for a fantastic script, i cant wait to have my space fuel, space weed, space fly and pleasure complex all linked up into one super pirate station

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 17:37

I wasn't aware that the PC HAD any nodes to connect with. As it is, I'd suggest not connecting it to anything.

If the crashes are only occuring when connecting the PC to anything, that may be the problem.

Remember, Ego didn't plan on that station being in the game for the player to use. :D
[ external image ]

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 18:43

K wont connect them.
Any clues as to why they arent producing anything?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 18:30

ATM, I can't check.

Because of the fire, I have no computers to use for X3, let alone checking the scripts.

It may be awhile before I can afford anything.
[ external image ]

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 01:36

You have had a fire!!! Man that sux, dont forget to tell the insurance guys about that ferrari you had parked in the garage awith all thae cash you had raised for X universe online nd especially about all those original picasso's you owned!!!!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 11. Mar 07, 03:46

I'm on disability, couldn't afford insurance. :(
[ external image ]

yozef
x3

Post by yozef » Sat, 17. Mar 07, 15:16

Heya

i know you out of action atm, just wondering if the moblie priate bases are suppose to work as TL's for setting up the yaki stations, i cant get it to dock at any shipyards, whilst flying it or remotely !?

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 16:25

Sorry, but is Yaki Stations or Yaki Missile.SPK

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 26. Aug 07, 16:19

jacare wrote:Sorry, but is Yaki Stations or Yaki Missile.SPK
I know its a bit weird. I originally created the scripts for adding Yaki based stations, mainly missile stations we don't normally have in game (Disruptors for one).

I never changed the name, so it would be consistant in any update. :)
[ external image ]

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 01:20

Ive read all the posts, so I'm pretty certain this hasn't been brought up before. But Im running into a bit of an odd 'problem'. First up, heres my current setup:

X3 v2.04
-Bonus Pack
-Move to Co-ords
-Sector Takeover
-Yaki Armada
-Kha'ak Hunter
-Kha'ak Cluster Commands
-Fight Command Mk3
-Heavy Assault Capture tech
-Satellite Early Warning Network
-Community Extended Mod Pack
-Advanced Jump Drive
-Yaki Stations
(Plus a handful of ships)

The 'problem' I am having...and I use the term loosely, cause while its obvious the Yaki Stations script isn't behaving as it should, its providing me with a fair amount of amusement...is that the Yaki Shipyards (and there is only one of them) is literally spewing a constant stream of Yaki M5s. Id probably say up to 10 per minute. They then leave the sector and wander in a long stream, much like the ant trails you find on the ground, all the way to Kingdoms End. There I found a cluster of Yaki M5s (and one M4 oddly enough) at least 50 strong sitting by the south gate. The moment I came in they scattered across the sector and a fun little battle ensued.
Kingdoms end has been cleared of the Yaki Scourge now, but the amount of ships coming from the Yaki sectors hasn't slowed in the slightest.

Any ideas?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 15:24

Amusing. You definately have something running thats causing this.

The reason their spawning at the Shipyard, is because the Jobs.txt definitions for any Yaki ships, by preference, is to spawn at a Yaki Shipyard, then at random places.

Obviously, their spawning at the right place, but I have no idea what script (or unknown function) is causing this parade you've encountered. :)

Something is causing them to spawn, and giving them map coors 0,0 (Kingdoms End) to go to.

Could be one (or more) of the following causing it:
-Bonus Pack
-Sector Takeover (Unlikely)
-Yaki Armada
-Kha'ak Hunter (would be supprised if it was this)

I've never encountered what you've described, except for random things that were supposedly fixed in the game code. So what's happening is external to my scripts.
[ external image ]

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Tue, 4. Sep 07, 23:46

Well if no one has any simple remedies to fix this, then I'll just leave it. :D Its fun to just go to to Empires Edge, where there is a sizable Paranid force including a Oddy and several Nemmys locked in eternal conflict with the constant stream of Yaki, and join in for a while. 8)
I don't cap much, but with the Paranid Police license and a TS doing "Collect Wares in Sector" I get a little lunch money. :P
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Fundacion
x3ap

Post by Fundacion » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 15:20

This script work with xtended?

Thanks & Bye

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 17:36

It should. I don't have any mod data in it to conflict with anything.
[ external image ]

Fundacion
x3ap

Post by Fundacion » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 22:32

Anyone else can say me the coordinates of the yaki shipyard and other stations?

I try to find it but i can`t.

Thanks & bye

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 22:48

The sector they spawn is is fixed. Their position, however, is random.

I can say, that anywhere south of the gravitar rocks (radar rocks) from 25km up/down/left/right, will be where they can spawn.

The fog doesn't help much. Buying the Explorer software helps.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”