Saitek Cyborg 3D Force problems

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Q
x2

Saitek Cyborg 3D Force problems

Post by Q » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 05:19

I just got X2 and this joystick. I installed the came then the newest software from Saitek website. I then pluged in the joystick as directed by their software. I load up X2 and it sees the joystick in the setup screen. One big problem though. When I started the first training mission. The joystick will not make the ship do anything. When I move the ship with the mouse or keyboard the joystick will move due to force feedback though. I then went to the device manager and removed the drivers. I unpluged the joystick and replugged it and Windows XP detected it as a Cyborg 3D Force Stick and list it as a HID-compliant game controller and USB Human Interface Device. It still seems to be using part of Saitek software though because the properties button in under Game Controllers in the control panel still looks like the Saitek one. I loaded up X2 again and the same problem just without force feedback now. I load UT 2003 to test the joystick with the Saitek drivers and it works fine in that game. But, boy is a mouse and keyboard better for it. So what do I do? I cannot seem to us this joystick at all and bought it for just this game.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 06:13

Ayou talking about the cyborg evo,if so I to am useing this stick with the saitec drivers everythink is cool accept for cockpit jitters(uuuugg what a head ache it gives me) it is the only game controler I have loaded and I did all set up on it before I loaded X2.

Q
x2

Post by Q » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 06:31

I am talking about the 3D Force one not the Evo one. I used the nuke usb program in the Saitek directory and that delete all of Saiteks drivers. Now Microsoft drivers work fine, but with no force feedback. It also does not auto center. Anyone know how to get force feedback working with this joystick. And after running through the first two training mission I know what people are talking about with the super fast turning. I don't see how I am going to control it in real combat.

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 06:37

ok its a different stick,Im new to saitek family so wasnt sure.

You fall into the default driver no ffb catagory and as of right now there is nothing more you can do....the patch info in the general forum states that they are aware of this and are working for a cure :D

cherbert1701
x4

Post by cherbert1701 » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 13:16

I to have the Cyborg and have the exact same problem.

I am very annoyed as I too purchased this joystick specifically to play X2 with !!!!

You can use it if you uninstall the Saitek drivers and use the MS drivers (assuming you are using XP)

The problem with the MS drivers is that there is no force feeback :cry:

Egosoft - please patch these joystick issues ASAP!! :evil:

Xinoth
x2

Post by Xinoth » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 15:26

I also have this joystick and it wont work at all :cry: I have had it for a couple of months and works with all my other games that support joystick the only problem is im using win 2000 so i dont know if i can do what you lot have done :(

I guess i could use my old Microsoft Sidewinder but its only got 2 buttons and of course no ffb :(

Please get this sorted ASAP

MisterM
x2

Post by MisterM » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 16:19

I've got the exact same problem too., and yes, I too purchased the Cyborg 3D Force specifically for X2. :cry:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 16:30

The issues mentioned have or are being corrected and are being tested now - http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14444

Hope this helps - thanks for being patient.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

cherbert1701
x4

Post by cherbert1701 » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 16:54

I think in future Egosoft should seriously think about expanding their beta programme. I find it amazing that such a high profile game like this can be released with such silly issues as joysticks not working.

As well as the above, Saitek's driver support isn't great so decided to take my Cyborg back and get a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback. Its given me no problems at all - now I can finally settle down and enjoy this game!

Its great !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q
x2

Post by Q » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 19:56

MS does seem to make some good controllers. I would have got the Micrsoft Force feedback controller, but since I am a lefty I am limited with my joystick selection.

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Fri, 5. Dec 03, 20:09

I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick just for X2, cost me £40, and it's useless, way-way to sensitive, one touch sends my ship into a uncontrolable spin, no way can it be used for combat. So Im sad about that and can't nderstand how Egosoft overlooked this problem, I am now forced to using the keyboard until the problem is addressed.
Other than that so far so good.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

Whammo
x2

Post by Whammo » Sat, 6. Dec 03, 17:39

I have the Saitek FF problem as well. I had to go back to using my old Saitek 3D Gold (non FF) to solve the problem.

Also, I have unselected the rudder option to solve the uncontrollable problem. It's still sensitive, but it works for now!

Thanks

JediIgor
x2

Post by JediIgor » Sat, 6. Dec 03, 17:46

Way to go.. I can't use my 2 year old Logitech Strike Force 3d that works fine with games as old as Freespace 2.

This game's going back to the store unless they release a patch real soon.

rasha1

Post by rasha1 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 10:24

Anyone know how to get force feedback working with this joystick. And after running through the first two training mission I know what people are talking about with the super fast turning.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 15:00

@ rasha1: Most probably not as there has been no input here in 13 years.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”