Boy is this fun.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duodecimal
x4

Boy is this fun.

Post by Duodecimal » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 05:56

Plot related (mission ... 16ish):
Spoiler
Show
Just finished who-knows how many unsuccessful attempts chasing paps Brennan through that tunnel. Who thought this would be something anyone would enjoy doing? The spy drone mission only took five or six tries. Fortunately, there was no time limit for that horrid whorehouse tunnel run. And now here I am, in a tunnel, again.

What's worse is that, when the inevitable end comes, I can't escape-out of the "The End" endtitle. There's another thirty seconds of my life wasting away not only on this totally un-fun mission, but it's being wasted away on me not playing the totally un-fun mission.

Seriously, now that you guys have written up all this code for running tunnels, I can see how it will be tempting to re-use it three times in this plot line. So can we expect no less than fifty Super Space Spelunker missions in X4? Because if there's anything I can do that will guarantee blood to shoot out of my nose, it'd be going through this soul-crushing hell of wretchedness. I'll fit it in between scooping my eyes out at 6 PM and burning myself alive at 10 PM, daily. Really, let us know in advance by making that the official sub-title for the next sequel, so when I see it on the shelf I can just go ahead and shoot myself in the stomach.
As a side note, if anyone knows of a registry entry or gamefile patch that will ameliorate or bypass this unholy kick in the gnards so I can wrap up the main story, let me know. And if it is set to happen again in the plot, let me know what reward could possibly be worth this level of suffering.

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 06:22

Set the throttle to full and keep going ;) No way to fail that mission really apart from slowing down too much too often. You'll get it. Keep trying mate :)
Sig

WarmMachineME
x3tc

Post by WarmMachineME » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 06:24

Spoiler
Show
No, that is the last time you'll be flying through a tunnel such as that.
I don't understand why people keep having so much trouble with this mission though. I've always gotten it on the first or second try.

I have read another thread where someone's having a similar problem. I think there's a possibility of a bug at work here. I qould suggest reverting to a save a little farther back and approaching the mission again. Also, make sure to use a ship you're really comfortable piloting.

Duodecimal
x4

Post by Duodecimal » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 06:40

I'll give it another try.

I'm in my Discovery, I'd used it to (re)explore just about all of the universe after getting past the initial plot missions. I guess Julian lost his maps or something. I've docked my five UTs after resuming the plot when certain sectors became unsuitable for interstellar commerce, and the idiot pilots kept going there.

Anyhow. I have my gamma set to 175 so I can see where all the walls in the tunnel are. Problem is getting knocked backwards off a rock chip in the middle of the tunnel. Five or six bounces and time's up.

Once I got clipped through the tunnel wall and just flew along outside of it, but i wasn't able to trigger the end of the mission prior to the deadline.

I'll give it a few more goes before I shove the computer in front of a bus.

Duodecimal
x4

Post by Duodecimal » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 06:53

OK, I got through this time.

Just... uh... takes some skill. A little of which I presume I have now.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 07:02

funney stuff

you have an after burner?
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 07:11

Spoiler
Show
You'll manage eventually I'm sure. The first times I tried the pleasure run and the roid run, I had to reload many times. In the pleasure run, I actually tried to do it in my spacesuit a few times and grumbled in frustration.

Only to slap my head when I realised there's a Barracuda to be used
:wink:

Duodecimal
x4

Post by Duodecimal » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 07:15

No, most of my free cash goes directly into setting up sector traders.

I just recently upgraded a fleet of 5 (mostly mercuries, one caiman) to Demeter super freighters. I had two docked in the Equipment Dock of
Spoiler
Show
Paranid Prime as a way-station en route to Terracorp HQ for upgrades when the Paranid had their little snit

It was then that I stabled all my traders and left the last two super freighters in Terracorp HQ (until enough money had come along for two more Mk3 software installs and jumpdrives).

That little plot development was a very unpleasant surprise. I had a SFs under fire before I ordered them to jump to Argon Prime. I lost another Super Freighter in a Pirate zone while I was doing the spy drone tunnel adventure. I'm at 3 days of game time.

The Nova I've been flying around fell off the back of a truck. It's very handy, since cash was pretty tight. I transported into it to deal with the situation that arises at the end of mission 16, with the Discovery as wingman.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”