Ever notice how these days the AI loves to spam...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

arcana75
x3tc

Ever notice how these days the AI loves to spam...

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 04:27

...lots and lots of Typhoons?

In a huge furball fight with Xenon, there's usually a few hundred Typhoon warheads inflight... contributes to alot of performance issues. And nearest-enemy targetting problems. :evil:

LuxxCapacitor
x3tc

Post by LuxxCapacitor » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 06:22

Actually I see them spam Hornets and Silkworms lately... then again, that's exactly what I'm spamming THEM with :p

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 06:30

I had a nice little skirmish between a split dragon and a xenon J today... except the dragon was a rapid response bomber from the race response mod. That means it is built to spam missiles... The slideshow that resulted from it launching (easily) over 100 missiles all over the map was nice, as was the incessant warning that an enemy (a missile) was near me.. heh.. they were everywhere, I'm lucky I didn't get hit. Incidentally the J died when Rapid Response brought in 2 split destroyers who mopped the floor with it. Rapid response + xenon invasion makes for a fun universe!

Mind_Mage

Post by Mind_Mage » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 11:02

The 'peace talks' (sector skirmishes) from rapid response script are even more fun - BOTH sides will be bringing in the heavy guns :twisted:
I usually drop in the sector, park my M7 out of the heavy action and pick up the spoils of war in a M3. Only gotta find Falcon Hauler somewhere, now the GPPCs have to wait till the PPC fire dies down to be picked up by my TS collectors :D
But damn it's fun watching bunch of M1/M2s duking it out, with M3 and occasional M6 crafts swarming around!

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 18:08

You can get the M3 Falcon which can handle XL cargo down in Ministry of Finance, I believe-- look south of the main Paranid sectors.

And I second the combination of Xenon Migration + Race response scripts. I've got two games-- one a normal unmodded plot game, and a second as Bankrupt Assassin with JTP/RR, XM, and a few minor other mods. The second is definitely a more active universe.
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 18:48

I have not noticed the NPC to spam pretty much anything, but I did load 100 Wasps per Nova (default 5% launch setting), and they did spend about 70 each in one XI. That is about 8,000 warheads in one fight. Bit sluggish.

WillWilk
x3ap

Post by WillWilk » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 19:00

cswiger wrote:You can get the M3 Falcon which can handle XL cargo down in Ministry of Finance, I believe-- look south of the main Paranid sectors.

And I second the combination of Xenon Migration + Race response scripts. I've got two games-- one a normal unmodded plot game, and a second as Bankrupt Assassin with JTP/RR, XM, and a few minor other mods. The second is definitely a more active universe.
The Shipyard in PTNI HQ sells falcon haulers - that's where I got mine :D

Will

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 21:37

I have not noticed the NPC to spam pretty much anything
a while ago I took an assass. mission and had a TS plus 4 Busters, those Busters shot so many Silkworms at me they overwhlemed the back turret on the Nova Raider even tho' I was running to give it a better chance...

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 10:39

Spamming missiles per se I don't mind but spamming Typhoons and Wasps OUCH... each spawn 8/6 missiles per launch...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 11:59

teladianium wrote:a while ago I took an assass. mission and had a TS plus 4 Busters, those Busters shot so many Silkworms at me they overwhlemed the back turret on the Nova Raider even tho' I was running to give it a better chance...
Buster and M are both M4. Maybe they spam at different rate than M3's?

Then again, I had Nova Raiders and M's, both with 5% and Wasps. My Novas spammed, but M's did not.

Whom do you fight, arcana? M1/M2/M6? One should not see Typhoons without them.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 05:08

Hmmm I see lots of typhoons in XI missions, sometimes flooding the entire 1km gravidar. But I'm not entirely sure only M6/2/1s can fire Typhoons, but u could be right.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 09:57

The plot thickens. Whenever I've scanned a K or J in XI, they have had 6 * 125 MJ shields, full load of GPPC, and Hornets. Never anything else. The helper M2's seem to have only PPC (or only PSG in Oddy) and Hornets. (Haven't checked the helper M6's lately.)

The loadouts seem to be inherited from X2 version of the script. There were no Typhoons back then.

To see Typhoons in XI ... I wish that would happen in my game.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”